Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Codex Year of the Donut
There is nothing wrong with judging a book by its cover.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I remember playing this game, and like halfway through I just became a murder hobo and started killing all annoying characters (so like 70% of the cast). This game does a bad job at keeping you interested. It's not fun picking up the same kind of weapons in the late game that you had at the start, just with an "MK2" tag in its name.
You played a shit game and act surprised that it's shit

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Improved Graphic and higher level cap.

Players who already have The Outer Worlds and its associated downloadable content, “Murder on Eridanos” and “Peril on Gorgon,” for Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 or PC (Steam, GOG.com, Epic Games Store, or Windows Store), can upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition for the latest console generation within that same console family or, if applicable, from that same PC store at a reduced purchase price.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/578650/view/3632753361412994414

The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition
Launches March 7

Welcome to the future! We at Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division are excited to announce The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition, which will be available next week on March 7 on Steam.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the ultimate way for new and returning fans alike to experience The Outer Worlds. Higher resolution graphics, a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting and environments, improved performance and load times, enhanced details on characters, an increased level cap, and much more await spacers who bravely and boldly carve their path through the conspiratorial Halcyon colony.

c7b5ef57d3ac62dcb6925f4be695e20dbad9e9f2.jpg

If you already have The Outer Worlds and its associated DLC, Murder on Eridanos andPeril on Gorgon, on Steam; you can upgrade toThe Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition for a reduced purchase price*. To enable the upgrade purchasing option, you must be signed into the same Steam Account used to purchase the base game and its associated DLC and select the “Complete the Bundle” purchasing option.

d1dfe43cdc4bc48a2b2c6e59e9a8e6c8a16c38a5.jpg

There’s never been a better chance to experience 2019’s celebrated, award-winning sci-fi RPG, whether players are taking another trip around the galaxy or adventuring for the first time. It's not the best choice, it's Spacer's Choice!

*Based on Private Division’s suggested retail price for The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition on PC. Limit of one upgrade per account.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have a lot of questions that the trailer does not answer. I was going to check out TOW eventually but I have no idea if it will ultimately turn out that I should have bought the pre-upgraded version (not really a fan of post-hoc visual "enhancements" and an increased level cap just means becoming more godlike or more obnoxious level scaling grind)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Look we made the visuals better!"

hMYBaGL.jpg

bxiSRU2.jpg

OCnzK3Y.jpg

YgK2SvX.jpg

Yeah, I don't consider chromatic aberration, an orange filter, and fewer details thanks to borked lighting better. Guess I'm going to have eternal regret I didn't buy the original unfucked version when it was on sale.

Yosharian

Arcane

hMYBaGL.jpg

bxiSRU2.jpg

OCnzK3Y.jpg

YgK2SvX.jpg

Yeah, I don't consider chromatic aberration, an orange filter, and fewer details thanks to borked lighting better. Guess I'm going to have eternal regret I didn't buy the original unfucked version when it was on sale.
I promise you that if you never play this game then you are doing yourself a massive favour

ferratilis

Magister
I played this game on release, on game pass, and can't remember a single quest, side quest, or interesting moment in the game. That's how memorable it is. Even seeing the screenshots here of characters, it's hard to remember any of their traits. If anything, they set a new bar for mediocrity.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

hMYBaGL.jpg

bxiSRU2.jpg

OCnzK3Y.jpg

YgK2SvX.jpg

It's €20 on GOG.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's €20 on GOG.
I prefer Steam for big games (ugh I'm going to have to download and use Galaxy so I don't have to download and then delete 60 gb worth of installation files in 4 gb chunks) but any port in a storm.

JDR13

Arcane
I played this game on release, on game pass, and can't remember a single quest, side quest, or interesting moment in the game. That's how memorable it is. Even seeing the screenshots here of characters, it's hard to remember any of their traits. If anything, they set a new bar for mediocrity.
I only remember that the one companion reminded me of the chick from Firefly... if she was a lesbian.

Lemming42

Arcane
I played this in full recently and I've already forgotten all of it. It's such an autopilot game, you just sort of flit from quest marker to quest marker not really knowing or caring what the fuck's going on.

The companions are such a drag too. Couldn't get away from that Vicar guy fast enough. "Captain, I need to talk to you!" No you don't mate. Breezing right past you and out the ship's door, you're not coming with me, freak. That hunter seemed like she was gonna be funny at first but then she sobers up and becomes as dull as everyone else. I was hoping to push her back into alcoholism to make her fun again but instead I ended up in some cave shooting a lizard thing. I didn't know how or why I was there.

What's especially striking about it though is that it is Fallout: New Vegas. It's the same game, and yet it doesn't work, whereas New Vegas does in spite of itself. Probably a lot to analyse there.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I always intended to buy this game and try it one day. Might as well buy the complete version now. Especially since it is on GOG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom