Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

JBro

Arbiter
Dude, just ignore every sign that the game was made by gender obsessed communists because I'll pick apart every single instance you try to bring up, to distract from the fact that the game was made by gender obsessed communists.

AI that brings up its own lack of gender? Wow you're so crazy to notice that. :^)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Played for a couple hours, game fuckin' sucks. There's not a single aspect of the game that another game doesn't do 10x better. For whatever reason you're wanting to pick up the game: world setting, exploration, combat, dialogue, etc, there's a thousand better options out there. Game's a perfect example of "a little bit of everything isn't much of anything." It tries to be a whole rpg experience without excelling in any particular area and the whole experience suffers and everything about the game feels passable at best, like the minimum possible effort was put into every aspect of the development cycle. Also holy shit every single woman including any possible attempts you may make at a female character are ugly af.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I think, I mean it's possible, that you don't like game, right?

Last edited:

Au Ellai

Educated
Are ALL women in this game unattractive short-haired dykes?

Out of 30 hair options for female characters, only one reaches down to even the shoulders.

So, yup. It's like the game was made by that one guy in that Lexx episode who was kidnapping the women and turning them into ugly ones because he thought he was freeing them from Patriarchal concerns in the name of feminism.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
This is unforgivable.
I'd love to shit on this game as much as anyone else, but this seems like a standard trope present in AI in video games and movies?
No. Back in my day the AIs even had mustaches and male-pattern hair loss!
buck-rogers-countdown-to-doomsday-dos-3.jpg

randir14

Augur
Stealing seems kind of broken, you can stand behind an NPC and steal things on the table right in front of them. Then you can sell their own stuff back to them and they don't even recognize it.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
it's so weird how everyone in video games happen to have mental disorders that affect .1% of the population but ok

Yes and 1/2 of the population is black, and white men are fumbling buffoons and black men are all rocket scientists if you watch TV. So now games (((media))) has simply followed suit w/ the poison that has been pouring out of TV and movies for a good while now. #1 reason to pirate this game IMHO, this only stops when you monetarily punish the globohomo agenda pushers. They will never stop otherwise.

Population trends being what they are, we are looking at 40% of the world's population being black and growing rapidly by the end of the century.

When is this game set? Perhaps there are way too few black people in it.

Oracsbox

Just noticed a nice progressive poster on the wall

Monster carrying off a colonist over its shoulder to do evil things with it

but no it's not a scantily dressed lady as any right thinking game would do
it's a man in a jumpsuit being molested.

Codex Year of the Donut

It's a parody of a WW1 propaganda poster you dunce

Tigranes

Arcane
Soooooo FNV with a jankier setting and just as silly shooting, but I guess we won't know yet whether C&C is its saving grace?

Not really feeling like I'm missing anything by ignoring it for at least a few days.

Oracsbox

It's a parody of a WW1 propaganda poster you dunce
poster-us-destroythismadbrute.jpg

You're the dunce...see hot chick..not a dude
Parody is changing the ape for an alien ; changing the women to a man is agenda

Last edited by a moderator:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
1. Stuff are static. You can't move anything. Furniture, bottles, weapons. It's all static.
Heard a few people make this criticism, really don't get it.

Like: "I'm only immersed if I can fire a projectile at Mayor Cornelious' desk and have pens, paper, a loaf of bread and a carrot fly across the room".

Not having loose assets everywhere helps in keeping the games performance stable.

And well, Supernova difficulty is broken, at least when it comes to companions. As soon as I met a harder group of enemies my suicidal partner rushed in and got gunned down in seconds. And that was it. She is dead.
Can't you issue squad commands in the same way New Vegas did it? Was only a headache if you didn't think encounters through. But yeah, not being able to save anywhere could make this a bit of an annoyance, they should patch it in.

Oracsbox

1. Stuff are static. You can't move anything. Furniture, bottles, weapons. It's all static.

Like: "I'm only immersed if I can fire a projectile at Mayor Cornelious' desk and have pens, paper, a loaf of bread and a carrot fly across the room".

Not having loose assets everywhere helps in keeping the game's performance stable.
agree
shame I couldn't dig up a grave or two tho'

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Not having loose assets everywhere helps in keeping the games performance stable.

Can't you issue squad commands in the same way New Vegas did it? Was only a headache if you didn't think encounters through. But yeah, not being able to save anywhere could make this a bit of an annoyance, they should patch it in.

What can I say, I really like that, it adds a lot to the game for me, having actual objects in the game that let you mess around with them. The game kinda reminds me of Rage where everything just melts together. You can issue commands, but I didn't get a chance to. She was dead in the blink of an eye, and since the game only allows for autosaves I didn't get to have another go. Maybe you can micro manage, but I have my doubts it will be much fun.

soulburner

Cipher
Wow, I thought it was releasing today, not yesterday.

How is the performance of this thing? The graphics aren't amazing, I read here the physics aren't great, so... will this run on a toaster?

Codex Year of the Donut
Wow, I thought it was releasing today, not yesterday.

How is the performance of this thing? The graphics aren't amazing, I read here the physics aren't great, so... will this run on a toaster?
Performance is fine, bit of stuttering in towns though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom