Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Quillon

Arcane
As shit as the game is I still don't understand how they made the ending sequence of events so bad structurally and that they didn't even try to fix it after. Obvious things like allies spawning out of nowhere which is even more broken with corpo-leaning character. How is Boyarsky happy with this? Sawyer wouldn't have let this shit slide lmao

Vatnik Wumao
Invisible War is much better.

How bad it may be, Deus Ex Invisible war is better.

Wow, serious?
I had the idea that Deus Ex Invisible War not only had failed as a sequel but also as an action-RPG in general because of the poor design such as the characters, world, quests, etc.

That Invisible War is considered superior by some who played OW.

Invisible War is better because it's less tedious and the dialogue, believe it or not, is far less retarded. IW also had very impressive graphics when it first came out.

jackofshadows

Magister
What's this about the second half being bad? The first half was already bad enough.
It baffles me as well - maybe these 'reviews' referring to Monarch - a huge bland location (with some shit to actually explore tho) with a lot of backtracking to be done which considered worse than the first few locations where everything is cramped as hell. Or maybe they write that because the plot is not consistent enough (to put it politely) so they're losing it or whatever. Who knows.

Anywayz, the more time passes, the more my internal compass turning from "mediocrity" (which is a fair rate to this) to "irredeemable trash and a fucking disgrace". Reason - world-building/general writing is a joke and it spoils everything. For anyone who still thinking about trying subj out: look at the first settlement on youtube or read somewhere about it and it doesn't get better later on, trust me.

To think I was genuinely exited for this when I first saw the trailer and learned who is in charge. To hell with it. The ship looks nice - that's the only good thing I can say about this game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even at half off, TOW's concurrent players' peak was at 20,349 which is half of PoE's and even less than Deadfire's (22,724). Looks like most people who intended to pay money for it on PC either bought it from the Epic store or used gamepass.

Codex Year of the Donut
Even at half off, TOW's concurrent players' peak was at 20,349 which is half of PoE's and even less than Deadfire's (22,724). Looks like most people who intended to pay money for it on PC either bought it from the Epic store or used gamepass.
or people just aren't interested in playing a game with ugly characters

Obsidian, 2010:
APGame-2010-09-05-09-03-22-67.jpg

Obsidian, 2019:
cbg3rTO.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Who designs the female faces? Jesus.
I've went through the portfolios of every character artist that worked on the game and not one of them has those atrocious characters in there.
There's plenty of fully clothed characters with helmets from Outer Worlds throughout them.

I have no idea who exactly was responsible for that mess.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
It has to be a self insert of someone or something. A few of them look too similar or have the exact same styles to them for it not to be. Look at blue and gold hair.

Edit: Pics of the Obsidian people? Do they have family or something that look like they got an extra chromosome?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
It seems like the game is selling quite well in Steam. Congrats to Obsidian

Gonna play this again (dropped because my pc was shit before) after finishing pathfinder, maybe i gonna actually like , after reading you guys shittion on it for 200+ page perhaps my expections can be fulfilled. :happytrollboy:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Returning to Alanah Pierce's observation, it's funny that in this game where a majority of Codexers seem to agree that the women are deliberately ugly, two out of three female companions (Ellie and Parvati) are actually described in-world as being attractive enough to be fashion models.
Well it really depends on what they model. For all we know they could be models of socks or nose/pig rings.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Considering they have been living of a single diet of salty fish their entire lives, I would have assumed they would look like Innsmouth people, so going by that standard they are "attractive".

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Returning to Alanah Pierce's observation, it's funny that in this game where a majority of Codexers seem to agree that the women are deliberately ugly, two out of three female companions (Ellie and Parvati) are actually described in-world as being attractive enough to be fashion models.

I don't trust Alanah Pierce's insights on anything since she gave Halo Infinite a handjob for its visuals when everyone else's eyes were melting out of their skull.

Also: That link doesn't go anywhere, can you repost the info somehow?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom