Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout The Outer Worlds quickie

Fargus

Arcane
Thats an understatement.

Falksi

Arcane
Yeah, spent another hour or so with it last night before unintall.exe saved my sanity.

Konjad really nails some of the issue with the game, it just gets everything wrong. You're meant to be a space explorer blasting around this wonderous world, and instead you're missions are very much rooted in corporate, day-job like scenarios with cumbersome, dronesome dialogue weighing things down even further. Instead of feeling like Han Solo you're running dull errands like some 3rd rate Cantina staff extra. Honestly this game just sucks all the life out of any such scenario and some of the worst pacing in any game ever. Killing everyone really is the only viable way to play it and remain sane.

Combat's shit too. Again, it doesn't know if it's coming or going with it's pathetically limp blend of action & RPG-lite elements, and you just end up with action scenes that don't satisfy on any front.

Dire beyond dire.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, spent another hour or so with it last night before unintall.exe saved my sanity.

Konjad really nails some of the issue with the game, it just gets everything wrong. You're meant to be a space explorer blasting around this wonderous world, and instead you're missions are very much rooted in corporate, day-job like scenarios with cumbersome, dronesome dialogue weighing things down even further. Instead of feeling like Han Solo and instead you're running dull errands like some 3rd rate Cantina staff extra. Honestly this game just sucks all the life out of any such scenario and some of the worst pacing in any game ever. Killing everyone really is the only viable way to play it and remain sane.

Combat's shit too. Again, it doesn't know if it's coming or going with it's pathetically limp blend of action & RPG-lite elements, and you just end up with action scenes that don't satisfy on any front.

Dire beyond dire.

Sounds like you played it longer than I did. I didn't make it off the first planet, though I did get the ship. I probably could've made it past that and most of your issues if it wasn't so easy it felt more like a sleepwalking simulator than anything.

Sloul

Savant
Bought it on steam during chrismas sales last week, browsed RPG Codex, found this thread, got it refunded. Happy as ever.

Joyvankek

Learned
Bought it on steam during chrismas sales last week, browsed RPG Codex, found this thread, got it refunded. Happy as ever.
It's a shame that this shit was released from the same studio that gave us F:NV.
I wonder how many people from the times that Obsidian didn't suck, still work at the company.

Quillon

Arcane
I wonder how many people from the times that Obsidian didn't suck, still work at the company.
Doesn't even matter. The ones who didn't suck before also changed with just being in that commie environment for 10+ years since.

Lhynn

Arcane
Honestly this game just sucks all the life out of any such scenario and some of the worst pacing in any game ever.
These problems started with Pillars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom