Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Realm Series in Dungeon Craft

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thank you Zdzisiu!

The first phase of my plan is to have 12 modules, you the player can play in ANY ORDER you want. Want to start a level 10 adventure with a level 1 party? Then by God I will let you do that.

When you play all 12 modules, you party (using a party of 6) will range between level's 9 - 11.

Phase 2 will consist of then having a Level 10+ series of modules, listed here: http://therealm.flopsyville.com/Menu.htm these will be incorporated on the map and again, if the party wants to play G1-3, Against the Giants at level 1, then by God I will let you (it's a level 18+ recommended). My goal is you can play ANY of these modules, in any damn order you wish.

Phase 3 will then be adding the modules from the South and East.

Phase 4 will introduce global choice and consequences for how you have been playing the modules and the way you decided to handle a number of events in the entire game. For example, how you resolved the encounter of the Rock Men Men in B8....

Also I am NOT enforcing the number of people in your party*. You can play this entire series of adventures with 1 to 6 characters. The choice of how and what you play is yours.

*The original modules were made to be played with a party, so a number of "Party Banters" will still happen if you play Solo, so just a warning until that can be addresses. But hey! It's always fun to LARP as a schizo whith multiple personalities right? :D

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Some updates:

8879.jpg

:love:

This is why I love this engine. Sometimes the party can just 0wn everything, and then sometimes things go horribly horrible wrong...

In the original FRUA series, many creatures has this horrifying "paralysis" attack. This is now working currently (and works exactly like it did in FRUA). Expect many horrible deaths when fighting certain creatures.

8880.jpg

Alas poor BLOBERT and Crooked Bee... I knew them well....

Some other Special Abilities that creatures now have and work:

Skeletons are now resistant to slashing weapons.
Creatures immune to hold/fear/sleep
Creatures immune to normal weapons

Module B12/13 is now fully imported into the Main Module, so now you can pick and choose from 3 adventures to play, and play them in any damn order you want.

I am currently playing through all 3 adventures just to make sure something didn't break when I imported this last module. So far *crosses fingers* everything seems to be working fine.

If my playthrough works fine playing all 3 modules, I'll then upload this latest version for you to play with.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Crooked Bee died for a noble cause, that of bringing some incline to the current state of the genre :salute:

Looks cool. Looking forward to the latest version!

Lord Rocket

Erudite
I wasn't aware that DC was still being worked on.

They're just about up to 1.0 now, actually. I found the necessary files here after a quick Google search - if you were like me and thought the project was dead, have a look.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lord Rocket said:
They're just about up to 1.0 now, actually. I found the necessary files here after a quick Google search

I would not use those files (though they work fine, but it still has the hair-ripping Question+transfer+camp == CRASH bug). Those files are more for the testing community (Of which I am a part of). I'd wait for 1.0 when it comes out.

UPDATE

Module B12/13 is complete, and I played through all 4 adventures without any bugs, BUT there is still the one remaining Question+transfer+camp == CRASH bug. When they finally fix that, I'll post an update. Untill then, work on module B3 - Palace of The Silver Princess is on-going. It's now at 75% done.

When they do finally fix that bug, you may and up getting to play 5 adventures instead of 4 (or maybe 6 even). :D

EDIT: Sneek peek as some music for the Module B3 Palace of the Silver Princess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUiMXxj5ZKE

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Jaesun, since you're obviously bros with the devs, can you comment on the possibility of using the GPDL scripting language to alter the base ruleset? I gathter from Manikus' site that it's mainly an out of combat/events kind of thing, but you may know better.
(Basically, if I could script away the AD&D character system and replace it with something more like O- or BD&D I would be delighted).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lord Rocket said:
Jaesun, since you're obviously bros with the devs, can you comment on the possibility of using the GPDL scripting language to alter the base ruleset? I gathter from Manikus' site that it's mainly an out of combat/events kind of thing, but you may know better.
(Basically, if I could script away the AD&D character system and replace it with something more like O- or BD&D I would be delighted).

For now no. Most of the Base classes (you can change the names of them though) and which classes can cast spells and which baseclasses are in each multiclass combination, are hard-coded and likely to remain so for quite some time. And I think some other class related stuff is also hard coded.

Once they reach the 1.0 version, changes to the base rule-set could possibly happen.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So, are you still working on this Jaesun?

The latest module I have converted requires that ALL of the quest state checks work perfectly in the engine. In the current version of the beta engine this function is bugged, so I am waiting for a version of that to be available (for testing purposes). So I'll be taking a break until that happens (they are currently working on some combat fix stuff first then hopefully the quest stuff).

I still however work on art conversion and stuff like that for the other modules from time to time.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the status update, good to know your project isn't abandoned! Let's just hope this stays true for the Dungeon Craft team as well :)

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
EDIT: Sneek peek as some music for the Module B3 Palace of the Silver Princess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUiMXxj5ZKE

Jaesun, what is this JRPG shit doing in my goldbox???

Ask Ray?

I would, but I'm sure the answer would be "because game MIDI websites". I didn't even realise FRUA supported in-game music (which is actually quite an improvement over the perpetually-silent commercial Goldbox games.)

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Awesome!

!HOWEVER! If FRUA (and The Realm) didn't originally permit BGM, it brings me back to my original question:
Jaesun, what is this JRPG shit doing in my goldbox???

Is Ray giving you MIDI files to record for use in your DC port, or did you decide on FFIV?

Sorry for cluttering up the thread with my inane shit (but you're probably enjoying the bump anyway, you sicko)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Is Ray giving you MIDI files to record for use in your DC port, or did you decide on FFIV?)

I use the EXACT MIDI files he uses with his mods (so in this case it was LOL FFIV). These are then arranged by me and recorded as played back on a Roland MT-32, Roland Sound Canvas (CM-500) and a Roland JV-1080 to kind of retain that old school sound. I hook up my Korg Trinity TR- Rack but I'm lazy.

And I don't mind the bump. Fell free to ask about this mod project or any DC questions. The DC engine is just AWESOME <3

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Forreal, I wish more amateur devs would use this instead of RPGMaker.

Agreed. Once this does finally get to 1.0 version, it will be great. (I have used the earlier and current builds). It is hands down an excellent engine.

And unlike the RPGMaker games, which frankly I could never get into, the FRUA community is still alive and still putting out some very enjoyable modules (And DC can import FRUA modules). So it is all good.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jaesun, can Dungeon Craft handle a huge and robust world map? If I ever have severe boredom, I would like to incorporate the entirety of Judge's Guild Wilderlands of High Fantasy overland hexmap. Characters would start outside of the City-State of the Invincible Overlord and can adventure out into the Wilderlands to find other cities or dungeons to enter, or enter into the CSIO. Cities would be set-up as self-contained dungeons, as would other Judge's Guild locations. I'm thinking one massive sandbox, but don't know if DC could handle such an undertaking. Perhaps I'd have to build it as a rogue-like instead, like in ADOM.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jaesun, can Dungeon Craft handle a huge and robust world map?

You can have as many world maps as you want, but you are stuck to the SIZE of each map (the image size). Basically if you wanted to do a HUGE overworld, you will have to break it down into "sections", say similar to how the city of Baldu's Gate was done in BG (broken up into 4 sections). Also as just an experiment, I was able to do part of one one section of Ultima IV in DC. I could literally move over the world just like in Ultima IV.

If I ever have severe boredom, I would like to incorporate the entirety of Judge's Guild Wilderlands of High Fantasy overland hexmap. Characters would start outside of the City-State of the Invincible Overlord and can adventure out into the Wilderlands to find other cities or dungeons to enter, or enter into the CSIO. Cities would be set-up as self-contained dungeons, as would other Judge's Guild locations. I'm thinking one massive sandbox, but don't know if DC could handle such an undertaking. Perhaps I'd have to build it as a rogue-like instead, like in ADOM.

Yea, the DC engine can handle this easily. You are almost doing the same thing as I am, creating one HUGE world with many dungeons/adventures. The DC engine for the most part is unlimited in what it can do (number of quests, dungens, dialoge) unlike FRUA.

THAT sounds like an AWESOME idea. I would however keep your ideas brewing for that, and wait for the 1.0 release of DC. It is shaping up very nicely currently!

Rainbower

Barely Literate
Hello i am new to this forum but would like to try this if it still available. I tried downloading module but it says that link is expired. Can it be uploaded again?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom