Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Repopulation

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by DefJam101, Sep 5, 2013.

1. DefJam101 Arcane

DefJam101
    There's no thread for this game but it looks pretty okay so I'll make one.

http://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/game-features/game-overview

Non-grimdark scifi post-apocalyptic-ish sandbox MMO. Hybrid PvP/PvE approach wherein players choose between a couple of opposing NPC nations (think Horde and Alliance) or form their own player-run nation with its own political standings. City building. Siege system similar to Shadowbane's. No levels. Servers with varied rulesets as to what, if anything, you lose on death and when you can attack other players.

Overview doesn't look that impressive but the devs are vocal and most of their blog shit seems to indicate they know how to make a proper PvP MMO, at the very least. For instance, the siege system is explained in detail here: http://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/109-siege-overview

Will make an Embers of Caerus thread too once that stops being vaporware.

^ Top  
  2. DefJam101 Arcane

DefJam101
    also stop talking about boring pve sleepgrind mmos you fags

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Freelance Henchman Arcane

Freelance Henchman
    Project: Eternity
    wb defjam

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I thought for sure this was going to be a Bioware game that finally got to the heart of what engages their current fanbase.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    This game is called "The Repopulation", so there better be hot sex involved

also

in b4 sexbots

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Dr Tomo Learned

Dr Tomo
    I wonder if they are going to allow it to be a sandbox similar to Eve as I would be more then willing to pay monthly for another true/actual sand box game.

^ Top  
  7. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Are you a sexbot? Or just looking for one to marry and make little toasters with?

^ Top  
  8. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    that's a secret not so easily disclosed i'm afraid

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. funkadelik Arcane

funkadelik
    From what little I browsed through it talked about leveling skills, player owned cities to which the owner of the city has to sell you plots of land in order to build your own domicile, etc. It sounds awesome, but from what I have seen from these indie developers I think I am going to put this one in my "they took off more than they could chew" category.

^ Top  
  10. Dr Tomo Learned

Dr Tomo
    So it is going to be a turd like Darkfall and also that other pvp fantasy mmo can't come to mind right now. There was a video of people playing it and showing all the bugs ridden in that game like fleas.

^ Top  
  11. funkadelik Arcane

funkadelik
    Mortal Online? Yeah that was a shitfest. Worst money I ever spent. Darkfall's major flaw was that it had zero skill caps, so everyone becomes the same thing and it's basically just an average shooter game after that. The Repopulation is atleast a sci-fi take on it. There was another SCIFI sandbox MMO that I cant remember the name of either but I played a free trial of it and it was total garbage and absolutely dead. Entropia Universe is just to much of a grind and requires too much real cash to just have a moderate amount of fun even though the game itself is quite awesome and has sweet art direction.

^ Top  
  12. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    The company I work for was talking with the devs of this game behind the scenes about publishing. Ultimately they wanted too much money and they were too unprofessional and disorganized - they had very few plans on how to monetize it properly, no solid roadmap for the future, etc. Despite lofty goals the game is still pretty janky and clunky right now too. Still, I appreciate the effort, just have to wonder if it's going to be in perpetual alpha testing at this rate.

^ Top  
  13. Dr Tomo Learned

Dr Tomo
    Yea mortal Online as that video of those guys playing the game made me want to bleach my eyes. Looked through many sand box mmo's and they are all half ass'ed.

Well that is disappointing to hear as I would like to replace Eve as it is a bore at this point thanks to CCP's retardo decisions to stagnate the game.

^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :necro:

A keen prediction, sir!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Snorkack Arcane Patron

Snorkack
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    That is some interesting insider information you made public there. I wonder how this company you work for would handle such an indiscretion.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. francisbaud Novice

francisbaud
    "In response to the amazing support from fans, Idea Fabrik PLC is excited to announce the acquisition of "The Repopulation" game from Above and Beyond Technologies, Inc. and the relaunch of the title in the first quarter of 2017." Great news for the fans I guess. The amount of work required to switch from an engine (especially one like Hero Engine) to another one is huge and I doubt the studio behind Repopulation had the funding, manpower or interest in doing such thing. Surely they've mentioned that the process was well under way, but I doubt they had put that much time into it yet. They already have to operate their early access title and that means diverting resources that would have been required to recreate all the stuff on Unreal.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.