Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A new site/app is making the rounds in varrious threads so I have decided to make a thread about it with a Codex centric top sellers based on the List of Incline thread, however more worthy games can be signaled and eventually added.

The site:
http://steamspy.com/

For whomever want to purchase the listed games on GOG and help the Codex too.

Codex Favorite Developers

Harebrained Schemes

inXile

Larian

Obsidian

Troika

Codex Top Sellers

GOLDEN TIER

Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

>1.000.000 tier.

Darkest Dungeon

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Pillars of Eternity

Shadowrun Returns

Legend of Grimrock

500.000<1.000.000 tier

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

The Banner Saga

Wasteland 2 DC

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Blackguards

400.000<500.000 tier

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Invisible, Inc.

Legend of Grimrock 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

200.000<300.000 tier
Blackguards 2

100.000<200.000 tier

Might & Magic X - Legacy

Legends of Eisenwald

NEO Scavenger

Expeditions: Conquistador

Dead State

Tyranny

Hard West

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Banner Saga 2

Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun

50.000<100.000 tier

Paper Sorcerer

The Age of Decadence

Underrail

Battle Brothers

40.000<50.000

Lords of Xulima

STASIS

Quest for Infamy

20.000<40.000

Thimbleweed Park™

ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)

Clandestine

King of Dragon Pass

Unrest

10.000<20.000

Dungeon Rats

Heroes of a Broken Land

Bastard Bonds

Serpent in the Staglands

<10.000 tier

Stellar Tactics

AntharioN

Telepath Tactics

Voidspire Tactics

Last edited by a moderator:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Didnt expect DOS and SR to outsell WL that much..

Also 100.000+ for NeoScavenger, nice!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stylish sandbox/roguelike-type games are one of those genres that tends to do very well on Steam Early Access, for some reason.

I wasn't following the game myself but it seems to have gotten lots and lots of publicity.

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane
It also had a really well made trailer + pitch for the kickstarter and the game was already very polished when it launched on Early Access. Most of those purchases are at a substantially lower price than PoE, but it's still a pretty incredible amount.

Soph

Educated
Also, don't forget about the Narrator, the whole reason why anyone would want the game really. Makes darkest dungeon feel very polished. It's too bad there's not enough content yet, the most fun I actually had was at the start of the game when everything was new, I got critted more, lost more soldiers in the deepest depths of despair. Yeah that was fun, for an hour or two.

Injury and despondence set the stage for heroism, or cowardice.
A man in a robe, claiming communion with the dead... madness.

Slight edit: Also I've seen a lot of popular youtube channels playing DD, it's a very fun game to watch apparantly, especially compared to something like PoE, adding to their popularity.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
O7prF9J.png

:cry:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Turn based RPG's sell better then real time ones, Obsidian done goofed again :M

Edit:
And yeah, Underrail needs some agressive marketing.

Lucky

Arcane
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Owners: 102,873 ± 8,104

Tales of Maj'Eyal is free, but you can get it on steam if you want and buy some overpowered DLC for it. One of the better roguelikes, but still surprising how well it did for a free game.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Owners: 102,873 ± 8,104

Tales of Maj'Eyal is free, but you can get it on steam if you want and buy some overpowered DLC for it. One of the better roguelikes, but still surprising how well it did for a free game.
Hmm, maybe a frre games section is in order.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The game actually got sold on Desura long before getting on Steam so I hope that it sold few more thousand copies there.

Also the title of the thread is misleading, its says "The Sales of Incline" yet Pillars of Eternity is there.

Athelas

Arcane
Turn based RPG's sell better then real time ones, Obsidian done goofed again :M
Actually, the shocking truth this list reveals is that games that have been released in 2013 and 2014 and received multiple discounts have sold better than a game that's just been released last month.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Also the title of the thread is misleading, its says "The Sales of Incline" yet Pillars of Eternity is there.
You can read that as selling out the Incline too.
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom