Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak The Screamer - the story of a boy and his torch worm [Translation Project Thread]

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Nazi is always a good name. If I ever get a dog, that's the name I'll give it. Also I thought that this Loud Defensor was some kind of Dalek at first.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Currently on floor 3. Nothing out of place so far.

By the way, I understand you can trade with NPCs, but is there any way to know what exactly they want? Is offering them money supposed to work? So far all they've been doing is saying "Thanks" and taking all my money!

On that note, you can use the parser to (presumably) talk to them, but so far I haven't found any keywords they would respond to. All they say is "Whatcha saying?" and that's all. :?

I'm starting to suspect the game originally came with a manual. :P

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Currently on floor 3. Nothing out of place so far.

By the way, I understand you can trade with NPCs, but is there any way to know what exactly they want? Is offering them money supposed to work? So far all they've been doing is saying "Thanks" and taking all my money!

On that note, you can use the parser to (presumably) talk to them, but so far I haven't found any keywords they would respond to. All they say is "Whatcha saying?" and that's all. :?

Yeah, I couldn't find anything concerning the parser. Even on the main japanese fansite, there is no information...
EDIT: Ok, looking through the files once again, I just found out that everything parser related is in a separate specific script file! Will translate and test, but expect the parser to work in the next release!
You'll definitely need it to finish the game!
I'm starting to suspect the game originally came with a manual. :P

Not only a manual, but also a novel and a manga!

screamer_package02.jpg

screamer_package03.jpg

Sadly I never could find anything about those two, I hope they're not needed to finish the game.
As a matter of fact, if anybody find them, I'll translate them: we need the full Screamer experience :cool:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think I'm stuck - which may have something to do with this password-protected door I've come across.

Waiting for the version with the functional parser, I guess ;)

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sorry guys, It will be a bit late - I got a surprise moving this week-end ...
I'll be able to finish it tuesday at work and during the night though, so bear with me :)

Edit: I managed to work a bit on the parser today: it does function now!

Crooked Bee

Patron
Cool! I take it the link in the OP is the latest version? I'll give it a try as soon as I have some time to spare.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Yeah, I'm sorry for the lack of update :(:(
I've been dramatically lazy recently, but I'm still working on the next patch: the translation itself is (still) finished, but I have some problems with the hexa: since my last modification, every single line of text in the game has been moved downwards, it's the darndest thing.
Anyway, it seems I'll have to do the whole editing thing with the .exe from the previous version... Joy :D

By the way, that new avatar of yours is scary, in a nicolas cage kind of way :eek:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
So, final update before the new patch, for real this time :roll:

As I thought, adding hexa in the file totally corrupted the exe :?: the spaces added & removed were also added and removed in the answers. I have absolutely no idea how this parser has been coded, but it's kinda pissing me off :D

What it means is the parser won't sadly be usable without a text addendum containing all the different possible commands. Oldschool as fuck :P

Anyway, now I only just have to rewrite every parser command so they are the same size as the japanese ones and then it's over :thumbsup:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
There is no standard size - it's just that I have to use precisely the same amount of bytes.
レスポンサー for example takes 7 bytes, so I can't use Responser and will instead use something like Respnsr; it's counter-intuitive in a parser, ergo the upcoming list.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Ah yes, I misunderstood, my bad :P
You can only enter short words, around 6,7 characters max. Spaces are not recognized.
The answers are, well, normal sentences, but there is quite a bunch of them (answers are different depending on your rank, "friendship" and progress in the game)

Anyway, starting today I'm in holiday! At last some time to work on the project :D

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And be aware that it seems like the Generation Xth translation has died at 99,9%... so, YOU are our highest hope for the two sequels. ;)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, last big news were on May 18, with the translator saying that he was going to be quiet for a while, for a final push trying to get the translation published... then on July 18 he said that he had no updates, due being busy "slaving away at min wage job to pay rent"... no news ever since. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom