Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak The Screamer - the story of a boy and his torch worm [Translation Project Thread]

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wowzers! Congrats. Too bad I don't have time to give it a go at the moment, but I'll be sure to do it later.

(Also, eric_s might be interested to hear this project has been completed now.)

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'll gladly play it, especially if it has "DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE BLOODSHED" intact.
:bounce:

EDIT: Also, the game works alright with Neko Project 2 for Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Thank you very much for the translation.

i've started to play the game, and started is really the good word, since i always get raped after 2 or 3 fights.
I will slow down the game, and jump, but reaching second floor will probably be an important achievement.

Griever

Barely Literate
Hello! I played The Screamer for a while using your translation, but now I's stuck.
According to this japanese fansite, there should be the Ring at 1st floor at (22,22) - beyond the elevator, so you can reach it only by descending from 5th floor.
But I can't find anything there when descending via elevator! And looks like this item is critical for further walkthrough, so now I'm stuck!

Btw, here are two other small issues with your translation I found so far:
- some untranslated japanese text appears when you run from any fight using hold on NumPad 0
- some garbage text appears when you try to read the message on the wall on 4th floor at (2,14)

Everything else seems fine for me. Well, there is an overflow problem with leveling, when you collect too much BP at once (something above 25000), but looks like it's a bug of original game. And it can be resolved by collecting 65535 BP more.

Griever

Barely Literate
"No ring" issue video:

"No text on wall" issue video:

Here the savestates for these issues for Neko Project (NP2fmgen, np21.exe):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7rmtkq759qga7t/The_Screamer_issues_savestates.zip/file
(Savestates are disabled by default, they need to be enabled by adding string "STATSAVE=true" to np21.ini)

Btw, I found some info at japanese web that Sharp X1 port of The Screamer has kinda critical bug for walkthrough, maybe it's the same case? And why you chose PC-98 over PC-88, if there is no any noticeable difference except lacking of melody in the intro sequence on PC-98?

Griever

Barely Literate
I've tried the Japanese version... The "wall" moment screenshot:
53wxypllqd0.jpg
As for elevator from 5th floor... No "ring" item there in Japanese version too! So, maybe I miss something... I will be grateful for any help how to obtain the Ring. Or maybe it's a bug of original PC-98 port or emulator...

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh, it's been a while since I last had a look at Screamer!

I honestly don't remember why I chose the PC-98 version over the 88 one.
Maybe I thought it would be less bug-ridden?

I'll look into the Ring problem, but regarding the Wall stuff I can already tell you that it's because I thought that 'garbage' sentence was part of a whole sentence when it was supposed to be a simple 'Someone has wrote "" on the wall.'

KANEQ HOMME

Barely Literate
I click on download for The Screamer English on RomHacking.net, and it gives me an "IPS" but i don't know where any of these "font.zips" are or where the "FDI" files are. Where do I get these things??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom