Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times, the sequel made by other studio.
:bounce:

Originally release on mobile
:negative:
The original was also on mobile.
Sorry, I didn't know. I had seen it on Steam and heard it sucked but never looked into it that much. I used to think mobile ports of board games could be good after playing Elder Sign Omens, Xenoshyft, and Sentinels of the Multiverse on my old Android tablet, but the UI always suffers when mobile ports come to PC.

You've finally made it out of the academy and have been given your first ship to command. Sure it's just a light shuttle, but you've got to start somewhere, right? Suddenly "somewhere" is stranded in an unknown galaxy surrounded by hostile aliens and no way home.

Explore the beautiful and mysterious open-world of Starcom: Nexus. It's a universe where you'll battle or befriend strange alien races, discover strange artifacts, research powerful technologies and build your ultimate starship.

Current Features:

• A gorgeous universe full of interactive planets to explore and celestial phenomena to discover
  • 40+ star systems to explore in an open-world universe
  • 100+ technologies to research
  • Design your own ship using a modular construction system
  • Talk, trade and fight with multiple alien races with their own agendas and dynamic AI
  • Lots of hidden secrets and side quests
  • Nebulae, derelict starships, warp gateways, comets, lost colonies, ancient artifacts and much, much more

In other news: https://steamdb.info/app/583950/ I find it funny that valve ignored its own regional price recommendations and made artifact cost almost the same everywhere, fuck them!
VALVE DEFENSE FORCE TO THE RESCUE!
They probably did it because the game matchmakes world-wide and the cards aren't region locked, and if the price wasn't a flat level then there would be swarthy foreigners buying cheap copies of Artifact and turning around and selling the cards for a profit since the $20 price of the game comes with $20 worth of boosters. Or they fuck kwans and make things regionally priced so Americans should never buy packs since they can buy a full playset from foreigners for tree fiddy. I can see why they wouldn't do regional pricing on Artifact, is what I'm saying.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For some reason Gorky 17 on Steam got silly bonus materials and soundtrack: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9495/Gorky_17__Gold_Edition/

https://steamcommunity.com/games/253920/announcements/detail/1693813568227294299

Gorky 17 - Gold Edition available

The Gold Edition Bundle contains:

GORKY 17 (aka Odium) Digital Deluxe Content includes
Art-Pack consisting of
- Sketches
- Wallpaper
- Poster
- Sliding Puzzle Game (Windows only)
- Walkthroughs and Cheats [English and German]
- Strategy Guide [German only]

Soundtrack composed and performed by Adam Skorupa. .
PLAYLIST
01. Start Menu Theme -- [05:03]
02. Port Theme -- [06:47]
03. Sewers -- [06:56]
04. Museum -- [07:02]
05. Museum Observator -- [05:28]
06. City -- [06:22]
07. Laboratory -- [07:28]
08. Orders -- [01:12]
09. Mystery 01 -- [01:08]
10. Mystery 02 -- [02:34]
11. Joan McFadden -- [00:40]
12. Battle Theme 1: Player Turn -- [01:27]
13. Battle Theme 1: Enemy Turn -- [01:27]
14. Battle Theme 2: Player Turn -- [01:45]
15. Battle Theme 2: Enemy Turn -- [02:18]
16. Battle Theme 3: Player Turn -- [01:19]
17. Battle Theme 3: Enemy Turn -- [02:07]
18. Stats -- [01:04]
19. Credits -- [04:42]

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's the absolute jankiest turn based game ever. But its fun and its also pretty damn hard
Also it might cause eye cancer to whomever looks at it in CURRENT_YEAR, so beware. Early 3D-era graphics.

Beowulf

Arcane
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem is now on Steam:

20 years later and NOTHING has changed. NOTHING. It's basically the same game, still company versus company.

And?

It's still one of the best company vs company games out there.

For battalion scale one should check Graviteam series, and if you feel like supporting bad practice devs you can always buy one of the Combat Mission games, and then buy patches for it.
There is also recently released Armoured Brigade.

For even larger scope there is Command Ops 2, which blows the competition out of the water with its AI.

Bocian

Arcane
And it's the same game continuously re-released, with no major changes and no progression. That's the problem. I can play any battle I want in Steel Panthers, thank you very much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom