Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Is there a way to get rid of WHAT'S NEW in the Library screen? Every update brings nothing but decline...

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a way to get rid of WHAT'S NEW in the Library screen? Every update brings nothing but decline...
I completely agree. I read that there is some way to hack it in Linux to force it to an earlier version or something, but there is no user-friendly way to deactivate it. Speaking personally that fucking Steam library has about 10fps now.

Vorark

Erudite

As a palliative you can right click on each square and select "Remove Update". Once there are no items left, the "What's New" bar disappears. Goes without saying there should have been an option to turn it off easily and permanently.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

that's a steal
5d036173250000ae13e83f0c.png

also
0m0VZ4y.jpg

pMD7oWS.png

:shredder:

though it was from people who made this

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nice. Blaster Master Zero, remake of 1988 NES metroidvania-ish action Blaster Master, is coming to Steam:

The second game too:

Shardpunk: Verminfall, a "mix of XCOM and Darkest Dungeon, based in a steampunk, rat-infested world."

ss_f3f7818b4fc9ddaae4b37c8e7561d5fcce387b83.600x338.jpg
ss_6a0ed0c2c23bc614b788e61f5f3bfb48253b9e7a.600x338.jpg

"Shardpunk: Verminfall" is an upcoming indie tactical squad-based survival strategy game, based in a steampunk setting. Gameplay-wise, it is a mix of XCOM and Darkest Dungeon games, mixing all the best features from both. All of this is presented using great pixel art graphics.

The game is currently being developed as a side project.

Backstory: there has been an unexpected breakthrough during long and exhausting siege of The Empire's Capitol. Rat Swarm managed to breach the walls and flooded the city with vermin. Group of survived city dwellers are trying to escape - and possibly rescue some additional people, if necessary. They will need to scavenge the destroyed city for resources, fight off rat vermin and make their way through the Capitol - all of this to finally get safely out of the city.

Similar to new XCOM games, there will be a combat layer and a strategy layer.

Turn-based tactical combat (which is present in the tech demo) makes use of cover and flanking mechanics. Due to the characters having to cope with stress and having their own quirks there is a fair chance that something will go wrong during the playthrough. Additionally, characters need to scavenge for resources during combat in order to survive.

The strategy layer will allow the player to plan their next missions, handle upgrades etc. Characters will be navigating through the destroyed the Capitol in a prototype airship that requires repairs and maintenance. Character themselves need to be taken care of as well, as they require basic resources (e.g. food) to survive.

Features
  • Lead the group of Survivors in the search for sparse resources necessary to survive
  • Use cover and flanking mechanism to defeat the Rat Vermin in turn-based combat
  • Customize the appearance of your characters
  • Make your way through the remains of the Capitol and uncover its hidden secrets
  • Pay close attention to the sanity of your survivors, or face dire consequences.
  • Rescue more team members and don't allow existing ones perish
  • Upgrade your character's equipment and weapons
  • Experience a different run every time, thanks to the randomized nature of the game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
After 7 years it was re-released on GOG, 2001 RTS Battle Realms is coming to Steam, as Early Access for some reason:

ss_3b2514a4d9406fdf2e985695cbedd6200a06e082.600x338.jpg
ss_1f4d542cae3eabedf26888300af13dbb5af57ded.600x338.jpg

Looks like they want to try something new with this: https://www.facebook.com/LairoftheL...ome-for-me-to-break-the-sil/2400723873500347/

THE DRAGON RETURNS!

The time has finally come for me to break the silence and make everyone in here as happy as I am right now, and I'm thrilled to do so.

Battle Realms is finally coming to Steam (Early Access) with a fully functional online multiplayer approximately at the 25th of November, 2019. This is not a drill. We have been working on this for a very long time and have gone through a lot of complications. It's been a long journey, but we're hoping to make it.

And we need YOUR help! I do realize that some people may not be as excited about the original game (BR:WOTW - 2002) coming to Steam, but this is not a re-release (as it was with GOG). Starting as an Early Access title, Battle Realms will be continiously receiving updates and improvements as long as it's supported by the fans.

the_shadow

Arcane
I really dislike when a game refers to itself as "like {other-game}" or "a mix of {x-game} and {y-game}"

It's dumb marketing too, because consumers go in with the frame of mind to compare and pick out all the ways the two are different, particularly in regards to what the newer one is lacking. Perceptions are also covered by nostalgia. It's similar to how you always get people who point out what was missing in movies based on a book. I'd never describe a game I made as being a 'spiritual successor' to something, I'd just describe the gameplay and features and let the consumers make the connections for themselves.

the_shadow

Arcane
This one looks better than the Paradox one, not speaking of the six gorillion DLCs you'll have to get for it to be decent.

Crystal Shard used to publish their original Sub Terra game on the SpiderWeb Software site ages ago. It's a pretty good (but hard) puzzle game, and is a mixture of Boulderdash and Chips challenge. Should be interesting to see what changes they make with the Draconis version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After 7 years it was re-released on GOG, 2001 RTS Battle Realms is coming to Steam, as Early Access for some reason:

ss_3b2514a4d9406fdf2e985695cbedd6200a06e082.600x338.jpg
ss_1f4d542cae3eabedf26888300af13dbb5af57ded.600x338.jpg

Looks like they want to try something new with this: https://www.facebook.com/LairoftheL...ome-for-me-to-break-the-sil/2400723873500347/

THE DRAGON RETURNS!

The time has finally come for me to break the silence and make everyone in here as happy as I am right now, and I'm thrilled to do so.

Battle Realms is finally coming to Steam (Early Access) with a fully functional online multiplayer approximately at the 25th of November, 2019. This is not a drill. We have been working on this for a very long time and have gone through a lot of complications. It's been a long journey, but we're hoping to make it.

And we need YOUR help! I do realize that some people may not be as excited about the original game (BR:WOTW - 2002) coming to Steam, but this is not a re-release (as it was with GOG). Starting as an Early Access title, Battle Realms will be continiously receiving updates and improvements as long as it's supported by the fans.

Ah, Ed Del Castillo. A familiar name from the Ultima IX days.

Lyesmith

Liturgist
Steam said:
Battle Realms is considered by many to be the best RTS games ever made. Back when it was released in 2001, it caused a many month delay of WarCraft III. The staff at Blizzard played Battle Realms and agreed that it was better then their current version of their game.
Good timing to get street creds for shitting on Blizzard.

Anyway, I always suspected as much. If that's true, maybe it will shut up once and for all some blizztards in here, that not only argued Battle Realms ripped of Warcraft 3, but also War3 was the first RTS with heroes.

Yes, I emerged from lurking just to write this, I'm still that butthurt.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Anyway, I always suspected as much. If that's true, maybe it will shut up once and for all some blizztards in here, that not only argued Battle Realms ripped of Warcraft 3, but also War3 was the first RTS with heroes.
Warlords Battlecry had already done it back in 2000.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So there is a multi player event advertised on steam's front page right now and they are using the Cuphead characters for the banner but the actual game isn't on sale right now....

WTF Gaben????

Syl

Cipher
Really nice :)

Don't miss No Man's Sky entry at 2:22, it's quick. I loled at that.

I was waiting for PUBG and... holy shit, 3 millions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom