Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

How long does autumn sale usually last? I just paid tuition fee so I'm surviving with 40 bucks until December 5th.
December 3rd. But then the winter sale is supposed to start up on December 19th and usually has the same deals as the autumn sale anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dead Age 2, a sequel to 2016 zombie apocalypse survival RPG:

ss_c47a84bd99a9b8caf9e338411cc16759895b5911.600x338.jpg
ss_678cd50967136f78349aec7f76c17f9ae797a99d.600x338.jpg

With grand wishlist goals.

dead_age_2_wishlist_asset_NOV2019.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a wishlist campaign with actual, meaty in-game content goals like this. (Bard's Tale 4 did it with a silly Darkest Dungeon torch and price reduction.)

Modron

Arcane
Valve Standard Time, 10 am pst aka 5 minutes from now. But also 1-2 hours until steam becomes usable again if the standard pattern holds.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 is 67% off,cheapest they have been so far, too bad I will have to wait a couple of hours before anyone can buy anything

BTW love the idea of having a banner with Gaben as a shop owner

Modron

Arcane
The site is actually functioning pretty well at the moment maybe it didn't get zerged because there was an already recent sale.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Any good tips for the "Most Innovative Gameplay" award? I wanted to nominated Outer Wilds but apparently it only came out on EGS this year. Too bad. But now what?

EDIT: Actually, I have no idea what to nominate in the "Richest Story" and "Outstanding Visuals" category either. My GOTY is Sekiro, easily, but it's neither very innovative, nor captivating story-wise nor visually striking.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have 4 games that I can nominate from 2019. Can't even nominate games for every category.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The site is actually functioning pretty well at the moment maybe it didn't get zerged because there was an already recent sale.

Yeah,I was even able to complete my purchase without a problem so early and the browsing is smooth,I wonder if Gaben finally upgraded some shit or people just forgot about the autumn sale

Bought a Steam controller for $13 shipped because I've been curious about them but never wanted to spend the money since I do so little controller gaming, but at that price what the hell. That's discount Chinese knockoff controller territory and supposedly the Steam controller is unusually good for controlling mouse controlled games, so it should be a fun thing to dick around with. Game-deal wise nothing much leaping out at me yet.

Nominations are nice because it ACTUALLY FUCKING TELLS ME WHAT GAMES I PLAYED RELEASED THIS YEAR, which always kills me because everything blurs together.
GotY 2019: Slay the Spire (Forgot that was technically a 2019 release)
VR GotY 2019: Stygian Reign of the Old Ones
Labor of Love: Artifact
Better with Friends: Oxygen Not Included
Most Innovative Gameplay: The Bard's Tale 4 Director's Cut
Story Rich Game: Disco Elysium
Best Game I Suck At: Sunless Skies
Outstanding Visual Style: Dusk

There's a list someone can be proud of.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was looking at the sale and Disco Elysium was tempting at 20% off, but I'll wait for the winter/holiday sale.

Venser

Erudite
Steam controller 90% off for just 5.5€? Seems pretty insane yet I still have no interest in owning that controller :D

What's your favorite puzzle game guys? Tom Raider or Resident Evil?

EneS27W.png

I love how Ground Zeroes (which is basically a demo for MGS5) costs the same as MGS5 Definitive Edition which includes base game, Ground Zeroes, all DLC and MGS Online.

EYFt6Pm.png

ultimanecat

Arcane
Steam controller for $13 to my doorstep is low enough to see how bad it could possibly be; Resident Evil 2 for $20 is a good deal (I already bought it at release). Otherwise, most of these deals are pretty garbage.

curds

Magister
Just created a Steam account and bought the Valve Collection for 20 bucks. Any recommendations for other Steam-exclusives? Classics (pre-2012ish) only, I don't have a great PC. I'm thinking of getting EYE if that's on sale.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems a weird policy to sometimes have many months between the big sales and then sometimes just a couple of weeks. You'd think they'd spread that out better so I wonder what their reasoning is.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really don't get how Skyrim and GTA5 always end up as top sellers when a sale starts. Literally everyone and their mom should own those games by now.

I remember reading some chunk of those constant GTA5 sales are hackorz getting repeatedly banned from the game and buying more copies. No idea how big a chunk tho.

As for Skyrim, it's just a brand, a big name. New generations are growing up wanting to be cool owners of that famous RPG too. Recently some CDPR exec mentioned Witcher 3 sales are still going strong too.

Venser

Erudite
I remember reading some chunk of those constant GTA5 sales are hackorz getting repeatedly banned from the game and buying more copies. No idea how big a chunk tho.

As for Skyrim, it's just a brand, a big name. New generations are growing up wanting to be cool owners of that famous RPG too. Recently some CDPR exec mentioned Witcher 3 sales are still going strong too.

I still haven't played any of these games :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom