Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Pablosdog

Prophet
So bros should I get Disco Elysium now that it's on sale even though it's communist propaganda?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Valve Standard Time, 10 am pst aka 5 minutes from now. But also 1-2 hours until steam becomes usable again if the standard pattern holds.
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have no idea what to nominate in the "Richest Story" category
What the fuck? Disco Elysium. Actually that goes for Outstanding Visuals too.
Yeah I had a brainfart there. Not visuals tho, not even close.

My list:
GOTY - Sekiro
VR - or the "who gives a shit" award
Labour of Love - Kingdom Come
Better with Friends - dunno, real life? Didn't find it on Steam tho
Most Innovative Gameplay - Slay the Spire
Outstanding Story - Disco Elysium
Best Game I Suck At - Sunless Skies (props to Multi-headed Cow for the tip, actually I haven't played Skies yet but this award fits my playthroughs of Sunless Sea perfectly so what the hell)
Outstanding Visuals - Metro Exodus (a weak winner; too bad the voting ends a week before RDR2 comes to Steam, otherwise it'd be a slam dunk)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so this is all i gonna get:
-DMC V from gamersgate.com
-legend of grimrock bundle

i was aiming for bloodstained, but i guess i can wait next summer for lower price

Final tally for me was a Steam controller, Batman season 2 Telltale thing, HoMM7 (Not really a HoMM fan but that includes the expansion and it was $5 so what the hell), Phoenix Wright trilogy from Gamersgate (Arguably too anime for my tastes but I played the first one years ago and even though it was too simple for a point and click adventure it was still pretty fun), Resident Evil 2 remake from Gamersgate (Not a big RE fan but RE2 looks fun and I've heard good things).

Could've lived with doing none of that but it seems alright. Talked myself out of grabbing the Council because I've got it in my head that's more likely to be bundled in the somewhat foreseeable future. Plus this will likely cover the Christmas sale too.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I only want Baba is You which went 30% off before but now it's only 20% off. Guess having tight wallet is a bless sometimes:codexisfor:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Return of the Obra Dinn is also 20% off during this sale, for those of you who still haven't savored the journey.

While all of you are enjoying the sale, I can't even get the main page to load - I just get a black screen.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
After spamming F5 for a few minutes I finally got the front page to load. Having the 2019 Steam Awards restricted to titles released in the past year was a problem for me, as only four titles in my library qualified.

As such I had to default on a few categories and just pick games mentioned in this thread. :/

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought the following:

Endless Space 2 - Awakening on Gamesplanet for 8.90 €

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius on Gamersgate for 12,75 €

and on Steam:

Thea 2: The Shattering

Banner of the Maid

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Lots of games on my wishlist, but I'll avoid buying because they might pop up in bundles and I'm not really itching to play anything at this very moment that would warrant immediate purchase. Maybe Realms of Arkania: Star Trail for cheap because I'm completing the collection so far? Even for 3€ I still feel like they're ripping me off.

Citizen

i just bought it, ill probably play it over the weekend.
Yeah, the question was kinda retarded. I'm just cautious about it, because in case of EL the last DLCs were a pretty shitty mess of gimmicky mechanics that made the overall game feel worse

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom