Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

spockthewok

Novice
  • Guitar Billionaire
  • Custard Castle Small Claims Court
  • Bass Ain't Bitin' 2022
  • Dead Seagull Zoo Magnate
  • Actually... Frankenstein's Monster Edition
  • It's Probably Fine
  • Help The King Get To The Toilet
  • The Consecration Of Esthme
  • Pro Poker Amateur
  • Hold In Your Farts
Those are the games for the clue game. U need to find then on the list u get directed to.
It is actually quite hard to spot these because the titles that are actually on the Steam store are better parodies of games than the ones Valve have come up with.
See exhibit a:

rQrB1Lv.png

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
thanks guys, but i'm looking for something not too old and with polushed combat and animations. ala dragons dogma ( ofc i'm not expecting the same level of combat and aninations)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
^Salt and Sanctuary, if you don't mind 2D games.

ELEX is fun. There's the first Dark Souls. The Darksiders games are decent. If you don't mind Japanese jrpgs, the Ys series is fun.

ferratilis

Magister
thanks guys, but i'm looking for something not too old and with polushed combat and animations. ala dragons dogma ( ofc i'm not expecting the same level of combat and aninations)
Polished combat and animations usually come from Japan, and tbh there's nothing quite like Dragon's Dogma. Haven't played it myself, but you might enjoy Monster Hunter, people say it has deep combat with good variety, and weapon movesets do look nice.

If you're willing to lower your bar a little bit, Hellpoint might be worth a buy:

EDIT: just to mention that you can find it for 2 bucks on sites like Eneba

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Polished combat and animations usually come from Japan, and tbh there's nothing quite like Dragon's Dogma. Haven't played it myself, but you might enjoy Monster Hunter, people say it has deep combat with good variety, and weapon movesets do look nice.

If you're willing to lower your bar a little bit, Hellpoint might be worth a buy:

EDIT: just to mention that you can find it for 2 bucks on sites like Eneba

i have played the shit out of MHW and rise seems very bland and streamlined, i'll have a look into hellpoint thanks

Humanophage

Arcane
It's painful to buy games for dollars and not rubles, but you can't buy anything with Russian addresses and cards. For instance, I wanted to buy Knights of the Chalice 2, but it costs 45 USD rather than 15 USD in rubles. I think I'm back to piracy for now. Probably for the best.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't get the fourth game to unlock in the clue mini game. It won't even show up for me.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
As in u found it but it doesn't load the prize or can't find game? If fist reload page and click on game again, if second look on the sections of the page by sub genre.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Tempted to get Mechanicus. There's also that Mordheim game on my wishlist, don't even remember putting it there. Checked the Codex thread and opinions seeemed to be mixed. Then there's Glaudius but there's too many DLCs man, too expensive.
Mordheim is alright but very formulaic. Unmodded the AI will always bring a mirror of your own team and the story missions can be a chore.

curds

Magister
The Risen games are quite cheap. I recently played and enjoyed Risen 1 so might pick up the sequels.

Are any of the DLCs worth getting? Meaning are there any that add actual, balanced and well-integrated content? It seems some of them are just shitty items which I assume are automatically placed in your characters inventory at the start of the game, which is something I can't stand.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Risen games are quite cheap. I recently played and enjoyed Risen 1 so might pick up the sequels.

Are any of the DLCs worth getting? Meaning are there any that add actual, balanced and well-integrated content? It seems some of them are just shitty items which I assume are automatically placed in your characters inventory at the start of the game, which is something I can't stand.
Risen 2 is great, but DLCs are worthless junk.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
As in u found it but it doesn't load the prize or can't find game? If fist reload page and click on game again, if second look on the sections of the page by sub genre.
Yesterday, the game couldn't be found at all. My guess is heavy load on Steam servers. Found it a couple of minutes ago.

curds

Magister
Anyone else find it really annoying that you can't just add multiple items from your wishlist to your cart in one go?

Anyway, here's what I got for like 30 bucks:

+ Dungeon Rats ('cause I can't embed more than 5 pieces of media)

Don Peste

Arcane
Thinking really hard about getting this, but I don't know. It's not -75%. I could almost buy a 1L carton of soup with that. Help, is it any good, Modron?

Fargus

Arcane
It's painful to buy games for dollars and not rubles, but you can't buy anything with Russian addresses and cards. For instance, I wanted to buy Knights of the Chalice 2, but it costs 45 USD rather than 15 USD in rubles. I think I'm back to piracy for now. Probably for the best.

I just use khazakh loophole on qiwi, add tenge to my wallet and it auto converts to rubli. Now region locked game pages on steam is a different story, but devs and publishers who practice this kind of punishment deserve their games to be pirated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom