Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Hobo Elf

Arcane
As the thread title implies, there's bit of a steam sale going on.
King's Bounty: Armored Princess is only 6 euros or so. Wonder if I should get it. Didn't like The Legend that much since I felt the combat was a bit too slow, and I hated running back and forth between places constantly instead of just clearing one zone at a time. Meh. Maybe I'll get it anyway.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just a note for people unfamiliar with their larger sales -- don't buy anything until the last day unless you are 100% sure it won't get cheaper. Reason being is the 'daily' specials are just the normal sale specials reduced even further.

On first glance this is actually bigger than their Christmas sale.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Another notable deal: the Witcher Director's Cut/Game of the Year/Super Happy Fun Pack is only $6.50 which is a great deal (for those of us who actually buy games).

Mortmal

Arcane
Thanks for the reminder, i am taking armored princess . Probably a few others as it seems indeed cheaper than christmas sale.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
king's bounty games are always on sale on some fucking website.

they are shit, too. slow and boring.

play homm3 or aow instead.

saenz

Scholar
Apparently, just about EVERYTHING is on sale in the strategy category.

There goes my plans for the week...

Mortmal

Arcane
Zed said:

Its not that slow , and well at 6euros you can accept some flaws, i have already played HOMM3 and aow, so theres no isntead for me.
If you like strategy games i noticed theres supreme ruler as well, very rough, not mainstream at all so worth checking.

madbringer

Arcane
Mortmal said:
Zed said:

Its not that slow , and well at 6euros you can accept some flaws, i have already played HOMM3 and aow, so theres no isntead for me.
If you like strategy games i noticed theres supreme ruler as well, very rough, not mainstream at all so worth checking.

Played Etherlords? :cool:

Dny

Educated
Big sales events are why you should never buy a game at full price on steam. Even newer games such as Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age have been sold on a discount on an "EA" week. I don't think there is a single game on steam that [hasn't] been sold at a discount.

yaster

Liturgist
Commandos 2 are practically for free, just €1.69, or whatever shitty currency you have out there...

Fuck, I'm torn, I would prefer to have it on gog, ohh my guilty conscience.. damn, gog have soundtrack, why stupid steam doesn't give soundtracks? Can't they understand there are people who buy games for soundtracks, like me?

reaven

Educated
I got me Warband 15€, heirs to the throne 10€ and Introversion pack 5€.

Achilles

Arcane
Bros I need the Kodex Kritical Konsensus on some games that I'm considering buying.

Witcher Xtreme Edition at 5,43 €. It's the only major RPG that I haven't played, is it worth it?

Space Rangers 2: Reboot at 4,74 €. Never played it, yes/no?

Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge at 6,79 €. Looks a bit like Jagged Alliance, anyone played it?

UFO: Afterlight at 2,49 €. I'm a huge X-Com fan so I played Aftermath and Aftershock but thought they were meh. Is this one any better?

Tropico 3 at 10,19 €. Heard some good things about this one, are they true?

Swords of the Stars Complete at 14,99 €. Never played it and I'm pretty sure you will all recommend that I buy it, but I'm asking anyway.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Alexandros said:
Witcher Xtreme Edition at 5,43 €. It's the only major RPG that I haven't played, is it worth it?

Yes. You shouldn't feel disappointed, and the price is low as hell.

UFO: Afterlight at 2,49 €. I'm a huge X-Com fan so I played Aftermath and Aftershock but thought they were meh. Is this one any better?

No. If you didn't like Aftermath/shock, you won't like this either. I actually heard that it's 'better than the two' before picking it up, but it's the same horrid, counter-intuitive shit not worthy of its title. I even bought it from the bargain bin, and I it was an absolute waste of cash, so it should give you a good idea what it is.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tempting:

All Commandos-games in a pack: 4,75€

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy: 3,05€

Trine: 4€

yaster

Liturgist
Alexandros said:

Nah. Good concept, art, stolen from poor sapkowski world and that's it. So-so storyline and all the talking. Lot of tedious shit. Wait for Witcher 2, it could be better and It would be very strange if plus side wouldn't prevail.

Space Rangers 2: Reboot at 4,74 €. Never played it, yes/no?

YES YES YES (if you didn't played SR2 already)

Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge at 6,79 €. Looks a bit like Jagged Alliance, anyone played it?

Nah. When I played it It had some serious flaws, in interface especially afaik. Don't remember details tho'.

It's is actually suppose to be Jagged Alliance 3D, but failed. Had to change name.

Grunker said:
Tempting:
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy: 3,05€

Wait.. WHAT!? WTF is wrong with you mate!? It was terrible. Downright atrocious. Oblivion looks like masterpiece in comparison.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I've been looking at Men of War and its sale price of $8.74 along with its add-on pack.

Would it be worth it if I found Company of Heroes enjoyable?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yaster said:
Wait.. WHAT!? WTF is wrong with you mate!? It was terrible. Downright atrocious. Oblivion looks like masterpiece in comparison.

If you say so :)

madbringer

Arcane
Fahrenheit was good. And why even compare an adventure game to Oblivion? Anyway, well worth the price. It's one of the few good adventure games to come out in a long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom