Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/24494/Gold_Box_Classics/

Am I grossly mistaken or were these on sale for far less on GoG? Even the 50% off from buying the bundle seems way more expensive than GoG prices, I thought that shit was in the $10 range for all of it during sales.
Yah - GoG has probably had them all in the $0.97 range at some point. If you still play any of these games, purchase the set. While I'm naturally a cheapskate, the included gui for the launcher, manuals, utilities just make it easier to get up and going for an extra couple of bucks.

Irata

Scholar

The Last Starship is the latest video game from acclaimed Indie developer and creator of Prison Architect, Introversion Software. Start with an empty starship hull and fit her out with propulsion, life-support, weapons and FTL drive, before blasting off into the galaxy to test your design against a range of procedurally generated missions. Build a massive asteroid mining operation; rescue civilians from a transport with a critical engine failure, or build an armada and pick a fight with the pirates who plague the galaxy!

Hadn't heard from Introversion in ages after they sold off Prison Architect, I thought they fell off the planet. Sounds cool though, combination of business management/builder and some freeform Privateer shit. Not really sure it'll be as simmy as the idea suggests just because their games tend to be on the light side but it's a cool concept.

axx

Savant
Looking at the screenshots and thinking great another indie spaceship management game. But if it's Introversion I'm genuinely interested. They released Scanner Sombre after PA then I believe they were testing out a bunch of concepts but ditched them all.

ferratilis

Magister
Activision brings back Call of Duty to Steam.

They better bring Crash Bandicoot 4 too :argh:

Modern Warfare 2 was the first $60 game on Steam in 2009, now MW2 is the first $70 one. Activision leading the charge, as always.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/08/modern-warfare-2-gets-console-tax-now-costs-60-on-pc/?amp=1
Modern Warfare 2 gets console tax: now costs $60 on PC
  • Ben Kuchera
  • 08/19/2009 11:03 am
  • Categories:Gaming & Culture
Gamers have long put up with the $60 price tag associated with the release of current-generation console games, but PC games have largely avoided the trend with $50 or under price points for new games. It looks like that trend may be coming to a close, as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is being spotted online at a $60 price point for the PC.

GameStop? $60 for the regular edition. Amazon? $60 for the regular edition. Best Buy? $60 for the regular edition. It looks like the $10 premium is finally coming to the world of PC gaming.

Modron

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom