Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Is Judgement any good? Never heard of it before.
I haven't personally played it, given it's been console-exclusive until now. But a Yakuza spin-off is a Yakuza spin-off, and automatically pretty interesting compared to a lot of games.

Afaik it got a pretty warm reception across user reviews and critics; but I tried to avoid spoiling it for myself. Maybe someone here played the Xbox or Playstation version...? (Maybe hopeful.)

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
good 'ol graviteam takes a short break from dealing with the slight inconvenience of a war going on in their backyard to release another expansion pack for their flagship computer wargame:

another retro-aesthetic horror fps, but this one stands out to me because it cites italian horror as a major inspiration (and it's 8 hours long or something):

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Reminder all Codex homies need to get this game, it fixed all the problems with the first game, got good reviews and it's cheap. Arkane became gay as fuck and this is the only kicking enemies off cliffs and into spikes simulator you're going to get for a long ass time.

This is the DLC to get:

There's also a sale on games made by anyone that isn't white, games made by niggas being sold for cheaper seems kinda racist to me but rabbi Gaben knows best. It's his store and it's a private corporation so if they say it ain't racist then it ain't. It's like with the freezepeach meme rite.

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/38233967/sale/gradientconvergence2022

Curratum

All the content released over 5 years of updates, for the price of an AAA game. I'd say that's a great deal at the current price.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Third attempt at WWI pew pew galore from Blackmill Games. Feel quite polished + decent amount of content + pretty solid player count numbers so far.

Curratum

Third attempt at WWI pew pew galore from Blackmill Games. Feel quite polished + decent amount of content + pretty solid player count numbers so far.

Isn't it 6 maps total? I didn't get it largely because of the small amount of maps.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Isn't it 6 maps total? I didn't get it largely because of the small amount of maps.

In that case, you probably wanna wait for the first expansion which adds 3 more maps. My optimistic side's telling me it arrives at Christmas :obviously:

FcoCRJAWIAI_wi9

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game does sound interesting but I remember being burned by Verdun's playcount dropping off a cliff.
verdun still has more players a day than beyond the wire, which came out of early access a few weeks ago... verdun/tannenberg/isonzo also have bots so the game is at least somewhat playable even when it eventually dies.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
HYPER DEMON, the new game from the developer of Devil Daggers. It's seizure inducing fov 180 arena shooter. Gameplay doesn't look very different from Devil Daggers though, the same high-score survival thing.

ss_a5b74dfe749a0c374c9c9e00d23c21812447b587.600x338.jpg
ss_7da1a2be90adb403a8a607a42dabbf858ff533e6.600x338.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I LOL'd once I realized that I could only see 30 of the 100 top titles, because I'd hidden all the others.
Some would say it's morally wrong to have an ignore list. You should just scroll past all those games if you don't want to read about them. :smug:
Some would say there's a difference between people and products. Products stay the same, people are complex and can surprise you.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I LOL'd once I realized that I could only see 30 of the 100 top titles, because I'd hidden all the others.
Some would say it's morally wrong to have an ignore list. You should just scroll past all those games if you don't want to read about them. :smug:
Some would say there's a difference between people and products. Products stay the same, people are complex and can surprise you.
The only surprise coming from Codex edge posters is that they never change and never learn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom