Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Lol, I love every time someone says "Now I will describe how Hitman 3 works", they then inevitably write out one of the longest posts ever, and you only get a glimpse of what's going on. But thanks Caim , I know it's not easy.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
My haul.

ArcaniA
Doom
Doom II
Doom 64
Doom 3
Doom
Doom Eternal
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
ELEX
ELEX II
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Ghost of a Tale
Gothic
Gothic II
Gothic 3
Gothic Playable Teaser
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Pillars of Eternity
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Portal
Portal 2
Quake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Risen
Risen 2 - Dark Waters
Risen 3 - Titan Lords
Soulcalibur VI
Team Fortress Classic
Team Fortress 2
Wasteland 3
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 3 Remastered
Yakuza 4 Remastered
Yakuza 5 Remastered
Yaluza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles 4
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
updatedmylibrary.jpg

The Age of Decadence
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
NieR: Automata
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Shadowrun Returns

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I got
Terminator Resistance
Terminator Resistance Annihilation Line dlc
Talisman Origins Complete pack
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut

Modron

Arcane
I got... nothing so far, probably will buy 2 adventure games and maybe Queen's Wish 1 since it's at its lowest discounted price yet.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I got
Terminator Resistance
Talisman Origins? Wrong move. It's crap. The main game otoh, with some expansions, is fun for a couple of plays from time to time, when you don't wan't to play anything serious. It somehow calms my nerves. And this edition is much better than the one i played as a boardgame in the early 90s.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I got
Terminator Resistance
Talisman Origins? Wrong move. It's crap. The main game otoh, with some expansions, is fun for a couple of plays from time to time, when you don't wan't to play anything serious. It somehow calms my nerves. And this edition is much better than the one i played as a boardgame in the early 90s.

I am interested in single player and from what I read the main game it's kinda crap when it comes to that

Harthwain

Magister
I am interested in single player and from what I read the main game it's kinda crap when it comes to that
Boardgame adaptations tend to be weak when it comes to singleplayer as they are naturally designed for multiplayer.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Boardgame adaptations tend to be weak when it comes to singleplayer as they are naturally designed for multiplayer.
Gloomhaven is decent single player. As boardgame multi too, played (and playing) it both ways. You are still correct, it is probably one of few exceptions to the rule.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I got
Terminator Resistance

Disagree. Origins is the bad one in every way. The base game is fun - but only for a while. AI is not terrible (not great either) - that helps a little. But in general, such games aren't meant to be played alone. Or even via internet if you ask me. Boardgames are by far best when played as they are meant to be.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gloomhaven is decent single player. As boardgame multi too, played (and playing) it both ways. You are still correct, it is probably one of few exceptions to the rule.
Gloomhaven (the original boardgame) is designed to be playable single player or multiplayer. Probably has a lot to do with it. Whereas trying to play Talisman (boardgame) by yourself would be ultra gay.

Vatnik Wumao
Picked up "Sex with Stalin" for ~0.30$. At this price couldn't resist a title like that. Who could.
69e.jpg

917c44b347e6f983236c86186b4af0f8--new-memes-laughter.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom