Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
:necro:

Amazing
The guy disappears for a whole year, only to put out a video on Pentiment...

More specifically, an analysis on Pentiment's story and bibliography - the latter of which, he claims to have read and even researched on supplementary reading and primary sources

Furthermore
He declares that his gaming interests have shifted from big gameplay focused titles to smaller text-heavy "games" (essentially any game that feels like reading a book and makes him want to read books)
So I expect that from now, on the blue moons he does upload a video, his channel will be about either analysis of games with strong connections to historical works or analysis of acclaimed visual novels (like Disco Elysium, which he made reference in this video)

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
What's the tl;dr on that 43 minute video? Is talking about the literary references of Pentiment as riveting as the game?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What's the tl;dr
I still only saw the first 9 minutes
I'll watch the full thing at a later time, once I am more freed up

But based on that snippet, the video basically seems him very briskly, going through the game's campaign as a way to provide context for the assortment of historical research he's trying to summarise (the campaign presents an X characteristic of the setting, he spends the next minute talking about the essentials to understand X and its connection to the story)
Other than that, I got the impression he has really enjoyed this ''game''

He was literally a member of the secret anti-consumer network Game Journalism Pros, where all the "journalists" collaborated to attack gamers.
What?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
When GamerGate started, he did a whole interview with his old actual journalism professor that basically spelled out how the other game "journalists" were dumb shills.
He was one of the very few people who called out the bad practices instead of closing ranks.
You're not just remembering wrong, you're remembering the opposite of what happened.

Edit: his video is here for reference
https://youtu.be/mLNZFWR0Q8M?si=4P3izNlraw50g55A

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And going by his video, he is just making excuses for the collusion, while admitting that there might be a few lines crossed here and there. Everything else is a conspiracy.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
From the GamerGate days. It came out that every game journo out there colluded through some e-mail club or something. From who they are blacklisting, to who to buy gifts (from what I remember anyway).
Is there actual proof he was a part of that?
Because from what I remember of his content back in 2014 and 2015, he was mostly making game reviews

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
He used to make good content. His deep dive on MGS games was interesting, and he made some other good stuff too. Definitely feels like he drank the coolaid at some point though.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
He used to make good content. His deep dive on MGS games was interesting, and he made some other good stuff too. Definitely feels like he drank the coolaid at some point though.
I genuinely don't know what he is doing now. He's not releasing videos onto youtube. His podcast is dead. His patreon numbers are just going down and down:

1702624316724.png

Did he just get a normal job again?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I think he went to that Nebula platform. It's basically intended to be a paid service like youtube, but curated and without ads. I've looked at it a few times in the past, and while it might be worthwhile if you're a history buff or something, there just wasn't the kind of breadth of content youtube has. No idea how well people are doing on there. It's obviously a much smaller platform, but it's not a free one so maybe it's worth their while.

I think the real problem is that he stopped doing the stuff that was good, like the critical closeups of games or actualy interesting dives into industries, and started focusing on artsy hiking simulators and being woke. That and the massive drop in video frequency that seems to occur with a lot of popular youtubers, who seem to think that because they're popular now they need to change what they're doing and spend massive amounts of time and money editing their content, instead of just continuing to do what people liked in the first place. It's like a weird immitation of media industries in general.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Even ignoring the question regarding the veracity of that list
That article itself says that group was created years before the GG and that when the controversy broke out, not all of those jounos were in support
Shit, that wiki had a page dedicated to him and even that said his only role in GG was the interview that PlanHex posted above:
image.png

So that list really doesn't prove anything

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom