Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Vale: Shadow of the Crown - audio-based action adventure with RPG elements

Is this an RPG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zyondyne

Learned
https://www.fallingsquirrel.com/the-vale

The Vale is an audio-based action adventure game that places you in the worn leather boots of a blind adventurer.

Features:

• 5 hours+ gameplay.
  • Specialized 3D audio provide an incredibly immersive game experience
  • Action-adventure with RPG elements: Choose equipment, play-style, magic abilities, companions and quests.
  • Emotionally engaging story, quality sound design and voice performance.
  • Fully blind accessible
  • Headphones recommended for best experience
Story:

As your elder brother takes his place on the throne, you are made warden of a small castle on the outskirts of the kingdom. Blind from birth and sheltered for much of your childhood, you welcome your exile as a chance for a little adventure.

En route to the castle, your convoy is attacked by a huge invading army. You find yourself alone in hostile lands where you must scrape together supplies and seek out allies in hopes of surviving the long, dangerous journey home.

The path home follows a dark and winding valley known simply as “The Vale”. It shrouds the land’s darkest secrets including startling truths about your family’s past.

Alright, so I'll admit it straight away. I didn't post this because I'm interested in the game, but after witnessing from afar the discussion about whether games Disco Elysium should be considered RPGs or not, I was curious on RPGCodex's take about this particular one.

I feel like watching shit burn today.

These are the tags used by the developers on Steam: Action, RPG, Indie, Adventure, Action-Adventure, First-Person (?), Fantasy, Magic, Medieval, Story Rich, Swordplay (??), Combat(???), Hunting, Singleplayer, 3D (????), Immersive, Narrative, Experimental

Has anybody played it. Is it just an audio book or is there more to it?

Is this an RPG, Codex? Why? Why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
• Action-adventure with RPG elements: Choose equipment, play-style, magic abilities, companions and quests.
Going to say no. I don't think I'd enjoy it either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom