Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - ludonarrative dissonance begone

Papa Môlé

Arcane
There are a lot of people who would like to say they've stopped playing video games but don't really want to stop playing video games.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is pretty much like this thing Hepler said. I'm glad Codex is finally coming to terms with agreeing with her.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It doesn't have a quest compass, but an ITEM compass.

:nocountryforshitposters:
It looks redeemable in that the compass doesn't give you an exact location, and major aspects of puzzles appear to be focused more on logic than item finding. I'm cautiously optimistic, so I've ordered it and I'll talk about how it is once it's released.

buzz

Arcane
I'm cautiously optimistic, so I've ordered it and I'll talk about how it is once it's released.
Today is release day, don't forget to play it and give us some opinions.

I thought it's going to be a walking sim but it actually looks like a pretty neat adventure game.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I have it now. I'm not sure if UE3 is acting up or if my SSD is on the way out, but something is giving the game streaming problems. It tends to load an area with low resolution textures, after a while it will freeze for a minute, and then it runs properly again with all the good textures loaded. Otherwise it runs very well, but having to stop every five minutes to decorate the game is not a lot of fun.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I made more space on the SSD, and the intense freezing is gone. Sometimes it still takes a while to load the good textures, though. I hope for patches or .ini tweaks.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
UE3 is known for texture popin. This is seen as a "feature" on consoles when they're loading from a DVD and you get to start playing while waiting for the high res textures to load.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
PAULPROSPER.png

:what:

This game is a Prosper simulator.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
It looks like you have to do more in it, maybe even solve some puzzles.
yes, but you can't fail at them, they seem not to be at all connected other than about the same story, and they are all pretty damn easy (so far, done two murders and three or four stories), plus they mostly involve solving by walking/running (walk to find the 4 traps, walk to follow the astronaut, walk around the house). it's really a narrative walking sim first and foremost.

edit: it's not all that bad, though, and there is at least bit in the mines which requires sneaking (though sneaking=walking while crouched, so MORE WALKING)

Last edited:

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
My god this game is beautiful. It's easier to do pretty fantasy settings but real-life like graphics take much more skill to build. The lighting and the mist in the opening level after the tunnel are unbelievably real.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
20 dollars for 4 hours of purdy graphics lol no thx

Lol buying a singleplayer at launch? With no replay value whatsoever? Madness!

Just wait for the Christmas sale, game will be less than 5 dollars then. About the same money I'd spend on gas if driving to the nearest national park.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
man, i wish somebody would make a proper detective horror game with this atmosphere and better puzzles. it's not bad for a narrative hiking sim, though.
shit's shorter than broken age act1. avoid at all cost at this price.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
man, i wish somebody would make a proper detective horror game with this atmosphere and better puzzles. it's not bad for a narrative hiking sim, though.
shit's shorter than broken age act1. avoid at all cost at this price.

I think that game will be released just after secret world single player edition

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom