Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One of the great ones:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant

Trials of Mana (2020) - Meridian Child

Trials of Mana (2020) - Few Paths Forbidden

Trials of Mana (2020) - Powell

Trials of Mana (2020) - Nuclear Fusion

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spellforce 1 has some nice tracks, the problem is how the game plays them: many only play in one tiny area of one map, the tracks keep getting interrupted when the player moves or combat starts and they generally stop playing at night.

Cael

Arcane
Spellforce 1 has some nice tracks, the problem is how the game plays them: many only play in one tiny area of one map, the tracks keep getting interrupted when the player moves or combat starts and they generally stop playing at night.

I still think Cenwen's Song is the best of the Spellforce songs.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Stéphane Picq announces the reissue of Dune Spice Opera

Stéphane Picq, the composer of the music for the game Dune, will reissue his album, unavailable for years, in a High Definition digital version.

Stéphane Picq, the composer of the music for the video game Dune, released in 1992, chose Eklecty-City to announce in preview that he will reissue his album Dune Spice Opera, produced in collaboration with its Artistic Director Philippe Ulrich, who had enjoyed great success at the time. The album, which contains pieces inspired by the world of Frank Herbert's novel, had been unavailable for years, due to an unfavorable contract signed with a label which held the reproduction rights.

In 2020, during our interview with Stéphane Picq, we learned that he had never received royalties from the sales of this album. He also revealed that his contract extended over 30 years, and that he hoped to be able to recover his rights in 2022.

It is now done, since Stéphane Picq officially announces on Eklecty-City the reissue of his self-titled album, under the name Dune Spice Opera 2024. It is a High Definition digital version entirely remastered in files flac 48/24, which will allow fans to rediscover the songs with optimal sound quality.

‘The tools available today make it possible to considerably improve and spatialize the stereo field, with a broader frequency spectrum and an unprecedented dynamic response. In more accessible terms, the first tests literally give the impression that we are unblocking our ears!’, confides Stéphane Picq.

He also specifies that this first version will be the starting part of a larger project, entitled Dune Spice Opera 2024 Project, the details of which can be followed in the public group of the same name. Finally, he thanks all those who encouraged him for a quarter of a century, and who continue to do so.

I posted this in late February, completely unaware that Picq had already released the soundtrack by then.

You can find it on Bandcamp. for ~17 Euros.

First impressions:

# It's arranged in a 2 CD-fashion, first come the remastered Spice Opera tracks, then the remastered Dune soundtrack.

# 'WORMINTR' and 'WORMSUIT' are merged into a single track for some reason.

# 'ECOLOVE', the loading tune which can only be found on the Amiga-version, is missing from the soundtrack. (It's included in the Spice Opera though.)

# There's a bonus 'Overclocked Remix' of the Dune Theme included, this sounds like an amalgamation of the Dune soundtrack. It's neat, but it's not the reason we're here.

Overall? Including the remastered AdLib-tunes really clenches the deal for me. I've always felt that the Spice Opera itself was over-produced, but this is the best of both worlds.

Hopefully this piques both interest in Picq's works, and encourages him to remaster/re-release more of his work. 'KGB' and 'Lost Eden' would be nice to see again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom