Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I love that You guys have no problem in having using a sword and an axe as different skills, but have problem with having highly sophisticated abilities as separate skills. So wielding a blade and a bludgeon weapons are not the same because of the weight difference and totally deserve separate skills, but using different kinds of equipment on different types of locks doesn't deserve that. The difference between a safe and a lock is huge. There are also used for different reason. I mean it is easy for a thief to brake a lock on doors, but opening a safe is like a crowning of one's career. Those who can that are highly specialized artists.

Reading several last post made me think that games make people overstate the differences between weapons and underestimate the differences on other fields. Totally wrong.

aris

Arcane
So is this the gift from the heavan of an RPG that it was promised to be?

aris

Arcane
vCg7AM4.jpg

Great job Fargo. Why shoehorn the same 'joke' three times in the game? Isn't it supposed to have good writers?
:lol: Dark humor indeed

JParabellum

Novice
I love that You guys have no problem in having using a sword and an axe as different skills, but have problem with having highly sophisticated abilities as separate skills. So wielding a blade and a bludgeon weapons are not the same because of the weight difference and totally deserve separate skills, but using different kinds of equipment on different types of locks doesn't deserve that. The difference between a safe and a lock is huge. There are also used for different reason. I mean it is easy for a thief to brake a lock on doors, but opening a safe is like a crowning of one's career. Those who can that are highly specialized artists.

Reading several last post made me think that games make people overstate the differences between weapons and underestimate the differences on other fields. Totally wrong.

:bro:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Merging weapon skills would be p. dumb because it's a game primarily about fighting shit, it's not the same thing as merging two secondary/situational skills. I thought that was obvious enough.

aris

Arcane
bad dad humour
This sums up both jokes.(Well.. all four jokes.) Although the red boots wasn't quite as bad as the other three.

It just hit me, the joke went over all of our heads. The joke was poking fun at Skyrim's repetitive shit dialogue and general unfuniness; the use of repetition was actually further mocking Skyrim for the sheer number of times you'll hear that awful line in the game.
:hmmm:

It wasn't an intentional meme, or a joke from Bethesdas side. It became a meme because it was ridiculous that all of the guards apparently had had their adventuring days cut short by the same fate. Inexile doing the same, however this time with a meme, is not clever mocking, just lazy pop cultural referencing.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Torment isn't supposed to be a "funny" game, so I wouldn't expect any memes, from Skyrim or anywhere else.
Eli Havelock from the Clerk's Ward is allegedly Rosh. Though the reference is far more subtle than Calvin Barkmore.

hiver

You say the skills are doubled up superfluously and you only need one skill,
No shitbrain. What im saying is that several specific skills are just nonsensical bloat. It is you who desperately tries to use argumentum ad absurdium by inventing that im saying that for all skills. Because you are obviously that stupid.

but your argument revolves entirely around how "I dinint say nothing!".
No, im just saying that im not saying what you stupidly think i am.
Which is very clear to anyone who bothers to read my posts, moron.

Forgive me for assuming you were actually making a point
You assumed no such thing. Another strawman argument.

and understood how constructive criticism works.
because you say so?

You spend more time defending how you've provided nothing than actually trying to provide something.
Agian, what im saying is clear to anyone with half a brain.
Im not going to provide shit to you since you dont deserve it - because youre a superficial cheap shit and strawmn arguments dont deserve any kind of real answers.

You should instead ask. Nicely.

You've convinced me that I was wrong to argue with you because you really aren't saying anything at all.
You are not arguing with me. Youre just being blatantly stupid.

Yep, I'm just too stupid to come up with your side of the argument for you,
Thats called a strawman argument, idiot.

oh well. I figured I'd just go with what you said in your original post but
I havent said anything that stupid as you think - because you are that stupid, shitbrain.

You have the mind of a toddler, seriously, it's like you just learned a new insult
Another pathetic attempt to make it seem like you have a brain or an IQ of a slug. Youre failing.

Its not any kind of new insult - its just that im pointing out that you have projected what you really are. A pathetic idiotic shit that knows only how to create overblown idiotic strawman arguments and who whines like a pathetic cunt because someone criticized a game that has you emotionally engaged like a retard that you are - while you havent even played it.

therefore, your a blatant ignorant moron and a human turd.

made

Arcane

Yes indeed, but surely that would depend on whether the gameplay justifies that kind of skill selection? Say in Heist: The RPG where you do nothing but breaking into highsec buildings in order to steal various valuables, it would make sense to have a wide selection of skills that are commonly associated with "thievery" and maybe only a couple of weapon skills (ranged and melee). But in a game like this where, by all accounts, you spend most of your time crawling through corridors and killing things, with only the occasional chance to open a lock and usually just one character dedicated to do all the "thieving", would it make sense to have 3 skills that do basically the same thing ie. open different kinds of locks? You'd likely pick all 3 for the thief character anyway, or would you spread different lock-picking skills among the entire team?

Lastly, to better illustrate my point, consider this:
puppy+eyes.jpg

Merging weapon skills would be p. dumb because it's a game primarily about fighting shit, it's not the same thing as merging two secondary/situational skills. I thought that was obvious enough.

Actually most of the posts about those skills merging I read, came from the simultationist perspective, so I answered accordingly.

Yes indeed, but surely that would depend on whether the gameplay justifies that kind of skill selection? Say in Heist: The RPG where you do nothing but breaking into highsec buildings in order to steal various valuables, it would make sense to have a wide selection of skills that are commonly associated with "thievery" and maybe only a couple of weapon skills (ranged and melee). But in a game like this where, by all accounts, you spend most of your time crawling through corridors and killing things, with only the occasional chance to open a lock and usually just one character dedicated to do all the "thieving", would it make sense to have 3 skills that do basically the same thing ie. open different kinds of locks? You'd likely pick all 3 for the thief character anyway, or would you spread different lock-picking skills among the entire team?

Lastly, to better illustrate my point, consider this:
puppy+eyes.jpg

Actually it is making characters more unique. I can have a skilled, but common thief or an thievery artist who is bad in combat. Having more than 1 skills associated with stealing forces player to chose between being a good thief and a good combatant. It's may even be considered balancing in the game where ammo should be scarce and fight difficult. Also it along with making trade off dilemma it expands customization options.[/quote]

Last edited:

hiver

Scotchmo got himself a bleeding wound.
Lo and behold - my Surgeon cannot remove it. A bleeding wound is beyond the ken of surgery.
Yes, i could let Pills use bandages on him since she is also a Field Medic but - he regenerates health by 4 con points so he regenerated himself to full health while having a permanent bleeding wound. Not seeing any purpose of wasting medical items on that i just let him go on like that.

Then we got into a fight with some junkies and he went a bit berserk and got himself surrounded and knocked out - seriously wounded.
My Surgeon could do something abut that - and after several dozens of attempts the surgeoning succeeded in getting him into the unconscious state.
The bleeding wound disappeared.

It seems the status effets do not stack but replace one another. (although later on, in another situation i did have a wounded knee and another status effect of broken ribs that clearly displays that it can be healed only by a level 6 surgeon - so its maybe a bug?)
Does that i mean i should get my team members hurt more to cure the previous ailment or injury?

Have you people ever watched Mack and Zack? They had the very same alternate medicine episode.
- of course you didnt, being dirty Gaijin.
But let me tell you that Mack came to the conclusion that all ailments Zack had can be cured by hitting him with the hammer in other parts of the body.
So i heartily endorse this Mack&Zack easter egg.

/

Scotchmo is a great character btw. Also, loves Tom Waits.
Insane attributes though. But i guess he got a lot of XP on account of being so old.
Not a complaint. Just an observation.

Trading:

Correction, when i click on the weapons tab - then i can see the damage ranges. I dont see the ammo that the weapon needs and i dont see what the weapon looks like, of course.
Its still horrible. Why do i even need to click on a specific tab to see the stats?

- edit-

wasnt one of the excuse ofr the LIST that it SHOWS ALL THE INFO YOU MIGHT NEED?

Additionally a list icon for a FFS Benetto gun is the same in outline as the beloved Blade Runner gun. But the gun itself looks like a normal beretta or some similar type.
Someone needs to commit a sepuku.
Get to it.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE USING THE LISTS AND THOSE HORRIBLE ICONS WHEN YOU DO HAVE THOSE GREAT ILLUSTRATIONS FOR EACH WEAPON ALREADY? WHYYYY?

Also, FFS Benetto and the Glick have completely same stats, as the Ionbeemer and Laser repeater. Wtf? Why do different weapons have exactly same stats? Whats the fing point then to have different types of weapons?
Would it not be better if at-least one of the statistics was different so we can switch weapons with some actual difference in ... something?

Why isnt there a full automatic burst mode for some assault weapons? I think G33 should have one, unless im mistaking.
Is there any weapons that can fire full automatic bursts?

Bartering skill:

Doesnt seem to work. Prices dont change one bit whether i trade with Scotchmo who has 2 in barter skill or with someone else who has 0.
Additionally when i recover supplies for Holiday in RN camp, he says he gives me 50% discount, but nothing changes. The armors specifically still cost the same, as they cost the same whoever is trying to trade.

Text:

In character creation and other similar places where i can input some text - i cannot use "movement keys" to move the cursor through and up and down the text.
If i want to change a word or two or correct a spelling msitake i can only delete all text until i reach the word i want to change, and then have to write it all over again.

Inventory:
When i apply a weapon mod to a weapon that already had a different mod installed its not clear what happens. I cannot see the improvement stats anywhere - and the inventory bugs out and shows just one member inventory no matter the clicking around. It only gets back if i go out of inventory and then back again.

The modded weapon cannot be selected but can be equipped by right clicking on it.

The inventory is horrible.
It constantly bugs out, doesn't display team members items, sometimes it accepts ammo into its small additional slot (wtf is that?) sometimes it doesnt, its sluggish as a paralyzed slug and the overall design is atrocious.

Kill it with fire.

/

How the hell do i customize the Ui?

The visual representation of targeting is just too bloated. The biggest eye sores are those white brackets. Remove them entirely and you wont miss anything, because they dont serve any purpose while they are jarring to look at together with the red colored parts.
The second representation of the same thing that pops up over the team members pictures is just unnecessary. Remove it. Delete it.

- oh yeah, Angela Deth doesnt seem to gain any XP at all and she isnt leveling up either. While everyone else has - several times over by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JParabellum

Novice
- oh yeah, Angela Deth doesnt seem to gain any XP at all and she isnt leveling up either. While everyone else has - several times over by now.

I think it's because she is not a full Player Character.. You notice how she pretty much does what she wants?

hiver

Great guy, Just be sure to have some booze in your inventory.

Ill just leave thes epics here without any comments:

SiYxvKc.jpg

W9raUvk.jpg

98UBxVG.jpg

But to this i have to ask... what is the point?

RUsKN4s.jpg

Why? WHY?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think it's because she is not a full Player Character.. You notice how she pretty much does what she wants?
She is, but I think she's like level 14 or 15, meaning you need to gain enough XP in toto to reach level 15 before she starts leveling up.

hiver

I thought that might be the case but then i saw Scotchmo leveling up like there is no tomorrow.

Also, there doesnt seem to be any way to see what level my team is at.
Its not mightily important but... just seems strange.

Toll

Novice
Pretty sure if I was a Ranger in the wasteland, fuck if I was ANYONE in the WASTELAND I would know basic first aid.
A lot of people in our 1st world country with comforts all around know First Aid. Would it not make sense that in a Post-Apocalyptic world, where a minor disease could easily blow out to a serious problem that first aid would be an essential skill that anyone alive would know, similar to opening a can of beans??? I know it would be one of the first things my kids would be learning, certainly before reading and writing....

Kindergarten level diatribe
You really know how to stack your shit high hiver, it's impressive how you can spread out what is basically you saying nothing to the point where it looks like the opening to Star Wars.

It is you who desperately tries to use argumentum ad absurdium by inventing that im saying that for all skills.
That was a completely different discussion retard, try to keep up. The comment you responded to was directed specifically towards the skills you mentioned.

I havent said anything that stupid as you think
Yes you have, and the only person who labelled it as stupid was you, which is doubly hilarious. Retard.

someone criticized a game that has you emotionally engaged while you havent even played it.
Edit: How did I miss this gem? Ooh amrchair psychology :roll:. When you quote a post from another thread it's best not to -remove- the only thing that made the post make sense.

Last edited:

hiver

Pretty sure if I was a Ranger in the wasteland, fuck if I was ANYONE in the WASTELAND I would know basic first aid.
A lot of people in our 1st world country with comforts all around know First Aid. Would it not make sense that in a Post-Apocalyptic world, where a minor disease could easily blow out to a serious problem that first aid would be an essential skill that anyone alive would know, similar to opening a can of beans??? I know it would be one of the first things my kids would be learning, certainly before reading and writing....
The logic and common sense fall away whan there has to be feature bloat - just because there needs to be "more" skillz.

All of that (and more) was pointed out quite some time ago by me and a few others on Inxile forums.

all i got for it was blatant retards like Zombra and this subhuman turd above vomiting their mental deficiencies all over.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who would teach you first aid? You'd know local superstition, that wouldn't necessarily actually be helpful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom