Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Way of Wrath - early bronze age RPG with fort management and dynamic open world

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hey everyone! We’re here with the next video diary, focused on character creation. We’ve improved the look of our characters and shaders, especially hair, skill detail, etc. Expanded options with scars and small details. And talking about what it took for 2 person development team to develop a full-featured character creator. Let us know what you think with comments, and we’d love to see your feedback on what you want added to the character creator.

Early Access and Kickstarter, oh my.

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
All the best for the developers and their team, hopefully they can deliver.

Unfortunately the artstyle does not please me in the least. The mechanics and game ideas seem great, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellwalker

Animmal
Developer
A good reason for that! :D With day passage system*, C&C and possibility to get more than half your allies killed before you even get to the final siege it is very important that you are properly informed about all that is at stake. Very high stakes for a lot of stuff, so it's important outcomes feel fair and logical. + we really want to avoid situations where there is some good solution we missed for the quest and you are forced to make a difficult choice when something you think is better solution is staring you in the face.

I think the EA is a really good place to innovate, expand and polish that. Especially since with the choices you make here, the outcomes unfold during the course of the game. So, they change how you proceed with the rest of the game not just the ending. All the feedback we can implement during this stage can have a very big impact on the game. More the player feels in control and empowered with the right tools, more intense challenges we can pull off with the game.

Kickstarter will be used to fund some additional features we would love to have in the game + it's a good way to reach more players about EA. But we are finishing the game regardless of KS.

Before EA we'll start with the beta testing, (hopefully very soon), I'll make the post on steam about this in detail. But our concern is it's hard to judge when is it a good time to start with Early Acces with a game like ours. We prefer to start it earlier and have the possibility of player feedback impacting more of the campaign, but it must be big enough campaign to make sense for the player to invest in it. Really hoping to find a good balance for that during beta.

All the best for the developers and their team, hopefully they can deliver.

Unfortunately the artstyle does not please me in the least. The mechanics and game ideas seem great, however.
Thank you!

Days act like turns; counting down to the final enemy assault. Kind of like "story acts". You wake up in the morning in the fort and the world map is updated with new content. The faction & character storylines move forward, your decisions have outcomes, your research and building projects advance and new stories are introduced to the world. (based on player actions, with handwritten outcomes, not random generation), Every interaction and activity will drain your character's stamina and add negative status effects. Eventually, it’ll force you to return to your fort and sleep. You will wake up on a new day, refreshed and ready to take on new challenges.

Hellwalker

Animmal
Developer
If anyone into more detailed w.i.p. we're now live streaming modeling process for one of the animals you can encounter in the game.

Animals are inspired by "pre-historic" creatures. Here you have Bear like animal called Rathaag. It has almost no natural predators, and is part of many myths in the game.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If anyone into more detailed w.i.p. we're now live streaming modeling process for one of the animals you can encounter in the game.

Animals are inspired by "pre-historic" creatures. Here you have Bear like animal called Rathaag. It has almost no natural predators, and is part of many myths in the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Thein fear the cycle of decay and rebirth. They believe earth is a cannibal consuming flesh and blood to give life to its true children, the trees and the plants whose roots take succor from the soil. “We are of the sky”, they say, and to leave bodies to rot on ground would damn the soul. So, they leave their honored dead perched on high places, safe from the ever hungry earth.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Combat is now gridless:

The Way of Wrath - Developers Diary 03: Gridless Turn-Based Combat And Beta Details. New combat system and recent progress for The Way of Wrath #RPG.

Beta keys later this month, Steam demo in June.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hmmm, you were originally planning to release the beta ahead of the free demo last month but it looks like they ended up being one and the same.

Hellwalker

Animmal
Developer
Hmmm, you were originally planning to release the beta ahead of the free demo last month but it looks like they ended up being one and the same.
Yes, we wanted to start beta earlier but that got delayed and we got close to Steam Summer Festival Demo.
But, Summer Festival is a time-limited event and Steam will remove free demos when it ends(Automatic process). We'll make the beta available for a longer period, and gradually unlock more areas/quests/mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom