Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So, I'm considering giving Twitcher 1 a try again, I tried it back when it came out and I remember hating it, but I might have changed and I'm curious. I know I despise 2 and 3, so I won't be bothering with those, but I digress. What are some must-have mods for this? Also, is it possible to not sleep with or romance anyone? I like to be as spiteful as possible and my Geralt in this roleplaying game (rofl) is gay.

I don't know about mods, but you can turn down every sexual encounter I'm pretty sure. Only ones I'm really doing are the Triss/Shani ones, and even those require you to say the right thing or give them a gift.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I like to be as spiteful as possible and my Geralt in this roleplaying game (rofl) is gay.

Sorry, but this wasn't developed by Bioware.
And since it wasn't, you are forced to sleep with people in this alleged roleplaying game with player choices? ;d And like I said, I'm doing it just to be contrarian, Geralt is always represented as a chick magnet, although he has the personality of a glass of boiled water and looks like Steve Buscemi (in W1), so I'm making him gay out of spite.

JDR13

Arcane
I like to be as spiteful as possible and my Geralt in this roleplaying game (rofl) is gay.

Sorry, but this wasn't developed by Bioware.
And since it wasn't, you are forced to sleep with people in this alleged roleplaying game with player choices? ;d And like I said, I'm doing it just to be contrarian, Geralt is always represented as a chick magnet, although he has the personality of a glass of water and looks like Steve Buscemi (in W1), so I'm making him gay out of spite.

No, you're not forced to sleep with chicks. Be as gay as you want, champ.

Semiurge

Cipher
There are no mods whatsoever that add male prostitutes to any of the Witcher games. This is surprising. Perhaps the Witchman lore is so powerful that even the Nexus poiverts dare not taint it.

Silly Germans

The Witcher Full Combat Rebalance Mod is pretty good. It makes alchemy, proper sign
and combat style use mandatory. That really rampes up the atmosphere and the "Witcher"
feeling. You need to use the proper oils when fighting monsters and should drink the proper
potions or you stand no chance. I used it on a second play-through and it was great but its
hard to say if it is a must have for the first time.

Another mod to look at is the Flash mod, it does similar things and i think it is
a somewhat predecessor. It was even part of some later official Witcher 1 releases.
I didn't use it but it was quite popular.

Semiurge

Cipher
- Has a touch that feels tingly to sources, the enchanted and the cursed, and possibly to all women because of their "magic"
- Raspy voice
- Nice hair

Lacrymas

Arcane
- the most boring person in existence
- not that good-looking
- I utterly despise his English voice
- aggressively heterosexual
- protagonist in the most overrated (video game) series ever
- I can't think of anything else, he's just that bland and uninteresting

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
- not that good-looking

Did you enjoy me tearing you a new one in the Bloodlines thread? If you keep spouting dumb shit, we're gonna have to run a sequel.

Deleted member 7219

- not that good-looking

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Did you enjoy me tearing you a new one in the Bloodlines thread? If you keep spouting dumb shit, we're gonna have to run a sequel.
You didn't "win" that one, lololololol. It being Caine is dumb and still doesn't make sense.

Don't. Test. My. Patience.

I am not going to derail this thread with that discussion. You are welcome to post your counter-arguments to my numerous arguments there. Protip: "is dumb and doesn't make sense" is not a sufficient counter-argumen to warrant anything other than fleshcrafting your dick off.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
heterosexual
On a list of negative qualities.
ChR0jVV.gif

Lacrymas

Arcane
Contrary to popular belief, most bisexual/gay men don't want to sleep with straight men, trust me. And it's the "aggressively" part that is the negative.

I am not going to derail this thread with that discussion. You are welcome to post your counter-arguments to my numerous arguments there. Protip: "is dumb and doesn't make sense" is not a sufficient counter-argumen to warrant anything other than fleshcrafting your dick off.
We discussed that enough. I stopped replying after "how can the sarcophagus tell of its experiences" because I saw it's pointless.

Codex Year of the Donut
- not that good-looking
so you're saying that geralt is gay repellent?
hmm

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Contrary to popular belief, most bisexual/gay men don't want to sleep with straight men, trust me. And it's the "aggressively" part that is the negative.

The fact that you even need to consider such qualities in a character whom you are supposed to role-play speaks volumes about your cognitive capabilities. An actor worth his salt will never complain that the character he is playing is aggressively opposite to his sexual preferences.

We discussed that enough. I stopped replying after "how can the sarcophagus tell of its experiences" because I saw it's pointless.

Off to the other thread with you. You missed quite a nuanced discussion.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The fact that you even need to consider such qualities in a character whom you are supposed to role-play speaks volumes about your cognitive capabilities. An actor worth his salt will never complain that the character he is playing is aggressively opposite to his sexual preferences.
What? This is about whether a man would sleep with Geralt.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
What? This is about whether a man would sleep with Geralt.

That has evolved, in order, into:
- why women would sleep with Geralt
- why you whine about the games

or haven't you been paying attention?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom