Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News The Witcher 2 Screenshots

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Apr 14, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

Behold the <a href="http://tw2.thewitcher.com/#gallery/1_1">awesome graphics</a> of The Witcher 2.
    <br>
    <br>
    Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97521-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-screenshots.html">GB</A>

^ Top  
  2. Have to say I am not digging the ponytail.

^ Top  
  3. pipka Savant

pipka
    Geralt has nice pants.

^ Top  
  4. fastpunk Arbiter

fastpunk
    ^ Top  
  5. Mattresses Scholar

Mattresses
    woah,

[​IMG]

so I hear Geralt likes the cock now?

^ Top  
  6. Lothers Scholar

Lothers
    BEST GEME EVAR!

^ Top  
  7. entertainer Arbiter

entertainer

^ Top  
  8. Jim Cojones Prophet

Jim Cojones
    Yes, it's new, made by CD-Projekt specifically for TW2 (expect buggs). It doesn't really matter for the graphics since TW wasn't using Aurora for visual effects, it had a different rendering engine. It was similar with NWN2 so I think KOTOR's level of detail is about maximum Aurora can handle on its own.

^ Top  
  9. Black_Willow Arcane

Black_Willow
    Looks better than Crysis 2.

^ Top  
  10. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Why do you lie? The engine was made for the Witcher 3, while TW2 would be a quick sequel made on Aurora again. They shitcanned 3, and ported all the work from TW2 on 3's engine.

^ Top  
  11. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Does anyone like the blur in the background? I can't think of any reason to have such an effect turned on. (Simply put: all depth of field effects I've seen look really, really bad to me.)

^ Top  
  12. fastpunk Arbiter

fastpunk
    So basically it is a new engine, just not specifically made for TW2. Well, the shit looks great, that much is for sure. And I usually don't praise a game for looking good, unless it has that 'je ne sais quoi' factor. That village in the forest shot is fucking superb. I'd live there.

^ Top  
  13. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None

Yes.

Multi-platform too!

(and yes it does look good, 't was a good move to step away from Aurora)

^ Top  
  14. relootz Scholar

relootz
    It does look great, i don't know about the new Gerald style though. He looks a lot younger in this game, is this supposed to be a prequel?

^ Top  
  15. covr Cipher Patron

covr
    You're trying too hard to be cool.

Sorry, bro.

^ Top  
  16. fastpunk Arbiter

fastpunk
    Nope. It's a direct sequel. I remember reading somewhere that the Geralt character model was subject to change. Hope they make him more like the old one. I agree that he looks a bit younger here.

^ Top  
  17. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    I prefer to have that on during cinematics or other dialog sequences. Outcast allowed that and it looked pretty good then. It was certainly annoying in Crysis when you tried to aim but the game insisted to leave your target blurred and the background all neat.

^ Top  
  18. Arcanoix Scholar

Arcanoix
    lawl...

Correction:

EVERYONE IS A WHITE HUMAN AND THEY'RE ALL RACIST, EVEN TO OTHER WHITE HUMANS WHO ARE SLIGHTLY MUTATED! DARK FANTASY AT IT'S FINEST!

Correction:

EVERYTHING WILL BE EXTREME FILLER COMBAT, BLOOD-GORE, GRIM-DARK, BIG TITS, AND QUICK-TIME EVENTS GLORE!

OHBOIOHBOIOHBOIOHBOI!

EDIT: BLOBERT trolling not intended. Just trying to emphasize the blood and gore, sex, and racial tension that CDP:R is trying to jam down our throats. Fuck Off.

^ Top  
  19. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    Needs more bloom.

^ Top  
  20. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Did Geralt take a potion of rejuvenation or the game happens before TW1 or what?

^ Top  
  21. hoochimama Liturgist

hoochimama
    They removed some polish from his face. At least the easiness of the carding minigame will be justified with more than magic pheromones.

^ Top  
  22. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    Oddly enough, I've gone from hating the stereotypical "good guy" that saves the world, from wanting nothing more then having a clean cut good guy to replace these poor attempts at edgy, bad asses that don't care about anything yet save the world anyway. And now, here we have our character sporting some weeaboo haircut that shines too much.

"Ultimately, however, you are no saint and you do not care to save the world" which is exactly why you're going to save the world! AGAIN!

^ Top  
  23. Turok Erudite

Turok
    In the novels he dont want save the world or anything, he just want protect his people. The problem is that protect his people mean that have to get involved in political shit and lot of fights in a war...

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.