Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 Screenshots

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

Behold the <a href="http://tw2.thewitcher.com/#gallery/1_1">awesome graphics</a> of The Witcher 2.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97521-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-screenshots.html">GB</A>

Mattresses

Scholar
woah,

6176851944bb5e2c8cd7a4-4.jpg

so I hear Geralt likes the cock now?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
fastpunk said:
Wow, looks good. This is a new engine, right? They couldn't have enhanced Aurora to look like this:

http://static.computergames.ro/cg/assassin/images5/witcher2/witcher2-006.jpg
Yes, it's new, made by CD-Projekt specifically for TW2 (expect buggs). It doesn't really matter for the graphics since TW wasn't using Aurora for visual effects, it had a different rendering engine. It was similar with NWN2 so I think KOTOR's level of detail is about maximum Aurora can handle on its own.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jim Cojones said:
Yes, it's new, made by CD-Projekt specifically for TW2 (expect buggs).

Why do you lie? The engine was made for the Witcher 3, while TW2 would be a quick sequel made on Aurora again. They shitcanned 3, and ported all the work from TW2 on 3's engine.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Does anyone like the blur in the background? I can't think of any reason to have such an effect turned on. (Simply put: all depth of field effects I've seen look really, really bad to me.)

fastpunk

Arbiter
Brother None said:
Jim Cojones said:
Yes, it's new, made by CD-Projekt specifically for TW2 (expect buggs).

Why do you lie? The engine was made for the Witcher 3, while TW2 would be a quick sequel made on Aurora again. They shitcanned 3, and ported all the work from TW2 on 3's engine.

So basically it is a new engine, just not specifically made for TW2. Well, the shit looks great, that much is for sure. And I usually don't praise a game for looking good, unless it has that 'je ne sais quoi' factor. That village in the forest shot is fucking superb. I'd live there.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
fastpunk said:
So basically it is a new engine, just not specifically made for TW2.

Yes.

Multi-platform too!

(and yes it does look good, 't was a good move to step away from Aurora)

relootz

Scholar
It does look great, i don't know about the new Gerald style though. He looks a lot younger in this game, is this supposed to be a prequel?

covr

Prophet
Patron
Brother None said:

You're trying too hard to be cool.

Sorry, bro.

fastpunk

Arbiter
relootz said:
It does look great, i don't know about the new Gerald style though. He looks a lot younger in this game, is this supposed to be a prequel?

Nope. It's a direct sequel. I remember reading somewhere that the Geralt character model was subject to change. Hope they make him more like the old one. I agree that he looks a bit younger here.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Elwro said:
Does anyone like the blur in the background? I can't think of any reason to have such an effect turned on. (Simply put: all depth of field effects I've seen look really, really bad to me.)

I prefer to have that on during cinematics or other dialog sequences. Outcast allowed that and it looked pretty good then. It was certainly annoying in Crysis when you tried to aim but the game insisted to leave your target blurred and the background all neat.

Arcanoix

Scholar
lawl...

TW2 Site said:
You are a mutant, my friend, the faster you come to terms with this truth, the better it will be for you. You will quickly learn to take what is offered and disappear when your presence is no longer desired. You are without question, unique. Yet this is exactly the factor that puts you in the same precarious position as non-humans who tend to find themselves impaled or hanging from nearby trees. For it is their simple existence that triggers the resentment, animosity, and hatred from common folk – any pretext is a good pretext to show them their proper place. How is it then that Witchers, while equally non-human and different to common people, do not share the fate of these poor devils? The answer to this is twofold.
First, there are relatively few Witchers that still walk this earth. Statistically speaking, therefore, you are far more likely to encounter an elf than a Witcher, such as yourself. And second, you possess a couple of rather forceful arguments: a solid sword and a simple set of life rules.

Correction:

EVERYONE IS A WHITE HUMAN AND THEY'RE ALL RACIST, EVEN TO OTHER WHITE HUMANS WHO ARE SLIGHTLY MUTATED! DARK FANTASY AT IT'S FINEST!

TW2 Site said:
The blades you carry are your lifelines. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that your ability to wield them appropriately when dealing damage to your adversaries makes each and every of your challengers re-assess their life-chances twice before engaging in combat with you. However, your superior fighting abilities have not made you arrogant. You do not simply revert to force when no such reversion is needed. When there is still a possibility of conflict resolution – even using extreme measures – you do not tempt fate and wish yourself a shorter life; instead you sheath your sword. Yet make no mistake, you will be unrelenting and without remorse once the decision to engage has come. Ultimately, however, you are no saint and you do not care to save the world – you simply want to survive, whilst remaining true to your profession.

Correction:

EVERYTHING WILL BE EXTREME FILLER COMBAT, BLOOD-GORE, GRIM-DARK, BIG TITS, AND QUICK-TIME EVENTS GLORE!

OHBOIOHBOIOHBOIOHBOI!

EDIT: BLOBERT trolling not intended. Just trying to emphasize the blood and gore, sex, and racial tension that CDP:R is trying to jam down our throats. Fuck Off.

hoochimama

Liturgist
They removed some polish from his face. At least the easiness of the carding minigame will be justified with more than magic pheromones.

Phelot

Arcane
Oddly enough, I've gone from hating the stereotypical "good guy" that saves the world, from wanting nothing more then having a clean cut good guy to replace these poor attempts at edgy, bad asses that don't care about anything yet save the world anyway. And now, here we have our character sporting some weeaboo haircut that shines too much.

"Ultimately, however, you are no saint and you do not care to save the world" which is exactly why you're going to save the world! AGAIN!

Turok

Erudite
phelot said:
Oddly enough, I've gone from hating the stereotypical "good guy" that saves the world, from wanting nothing more then having a clean cut good guy to replace these poor attempts at edgy, bad asses that don't care about anything yet save the world anyway. And now, here we have our character sporting some weeaboo haircut that shines too much.

"Ultimately, however, you are no saint and you do not care to save the world" which is exactly why you're going to save the world! AGAIN!

In the novels he dont want save the world or anything, he just want protect his people. The problem is that protect his people mean that have to get involved in political shit and lot of fights in a war...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom