Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Witcher 2 will be intense

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<a href="http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/preview/how-the-witcher-2-intensifies-everything/a-20100407143358337053/g-20100402131443571041">How The Witcher 2 intensifies everything:</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">“I think that the story that we’ve written for The Witcher 2 is definitely bigger scale,” Gop says. “Whenever you make a choice, or do anything, you will see that it influences a lot more than one or two people. It might change history. We really pride ourselves on the moral ambiguity and choices you make. We don’t put them in the game because we have to have ten choices per chapter, we just think that they naturally fit in the story that we’ve created. And the difference in The Witcher 2 is that the world is going to change a lot more in the second part depending on your choices. Places will look really, really different due to your actions in previous chapters.”
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
<i>Geralt faces a larger world, a deeper conflict, and harder choices.</i> And more pussy.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97465-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-preview.html">GB</A>

MikeJahn

Educated
The first game had little moral ambiguity for me, slaughtering those fucking hippy quasi-alquaeda elves was satisfying.

Turok

Erudite
Uhn more choices mean that they have lot of work to do, is like make 3+ games in one. Hope they could finish the game in time.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Like I said previously, any villain from TW2 would make Commander Shepard piss his pants by just glaring at him.

Among TW2's system requirements, I'm betting it will also include Player Requirements:

-Testosterone Levels > X;
-A beard;
-Having taken the virginity of at least 5 women;
-TW2 also requires the player to be sweaty while playing, no shirts;

Typical RPG Player:

pc_gamer_4_life.jpg

Standard The Witcher 2 Player:

nl68ly.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Like I said previously, any villain from TW2 would make Commander Shepard piss his pants by just glaring at him"

Bullshit.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I remember TW videos where they were talking about how 4 choices that you'll get at once will lead to 4 different outcomes that will affect the world deeply. And the final result was all about choosing the armour colour on the guys fighting alongside you (and what was shown into the video never made it into the actual game lol)
You gotta believe these guys now

And as I take it the shitty QTE combat is in again?

Cenobyte

Prophet
Yes and it will become even more prominent in the gameplay. I don't have the press release at hand atm, but afaik they have stated somewhere that bossfights will be entirely done by QTEs.

Arcanoix

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
I remember TW videos where they were talking about how 4 choices that you'll get at once will lead to 4 different outcomes that will affect the world deeply. And the final result was all about choosing the armour colour on the guys fighting alongside you (and what was shown into the video never made it into the actual game lol)
You gotta believe these guys now

What's worse is that CDP:R actually released a video demonstration of something that took place at Caer Morwen (sp?) with everything programmed and set. Then - it never showed up. Now we're supposed to trust merely their word? Right.

a budda said:
you guys know any other games where you pick chicks?

There's a game called Facebook, but it's kind of hard. There is another one called MySpace, with the catchy, "MySpace to My Place" phrase. ;)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hope they actually deliver it this time as opposed to a couple of hand drawn cut scene stills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom