Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Each and every of these, might I add, presenting their point without exception in the oh-so-unique form of wannabe edgy posts consisting of no more than three barely coherent sentences.

Therefore,George Duroy, if you want to be worth the effort, present a detailed analysis.
Wow you guys are rude and nasty

Yes :rpgcodex:

And all the ancient codexians did they responded to you like this ? Like a douche.

Yes :rpgcodex:

Edit: I will do an analysis if i get the time.

Good sport!

Duralux for Durabux

It's also a possibility that since 2015/2016 we've seen more than a few dumbfucks repeating the same shit, all of them believing they are very original.
You seemed sympathic, well i suppose i have to endure floods of insults, no one can be trusted due to this fallout's playground.

JDR13

Arcane
The entire game needs to be overhauled.

Nothing i'm just ultra salty about witcher 3 and his fan bases.

better play fallout 4 it's a better game for you

Every time, i underline those issues to retarded witcher 3 fanboy. They become butthurt and don't accept any criticism.(by spamming retarded ratings instead of arguing for exemple)
The whole game is repetitive, few quests are different.
It is absolutly not worth it to play witcher 3. There is particularly nothing redeeming in it (except few quests and graphics and MAYBE landscapes).

I was a ghostfag (without account)for about 4 years or more .
There is a lot more Witcher 3 fanboys in reddit,twitter ,youtube.

In my opinion, witcher 3 is peak deacline (it is the game that holds your hands the most)( don't be smart, press the button and something awesome has to happen)

uh-oh i have triggered a witcher fag.Now move on and go smell footsteps and shit.

Sorry, i misunderstood your sentence, i'm not a native english speaker.It all become clear for me now.
Yeah, you are absolutely right but i can't comprehend why they choose witcher 3 as a masterpiece in term of story and immersion instead of Planetscape Torment (I have never a seen a city more believable than Sigil)(all npc have their own purposes in life while in Witcher 3 they repeat the same sentence" Oh" "uh" like a fucking statue).

Here we go again, even on the codex,they proved me that i was right about them. No argue,nothing , just spam retarded and shit ratings.They are worse than Bethestard at least they tried to argue while CD projekt fanatics never argue (they are 100% right every time, never try to criticize Witcher 3 or any obvious problems related to it )(i received a serie of retarded ratings only because i criticized Witcher 3) .

Joined Jun 15,2017
retarded.png

Wow you guys are rude and nasty, im not here trying to shitpost , i'm just posting my opinion.
All of you here threatering me are all new fags from codex standarts. And all the ancient codexians did they responded to you like this ? Like a douche. I try to be friendly.
Edit: I will do an analysis if i get the time.

Except mfkndggrfll,ThatrightIminit and Mynon who were good trolls, i don't remind of others repeating the same shit.

That might explain why some video games developers left this forum.

I didn't know that it means that you have to endure a ton of shit thrown at you by the crowd.

You seemed sympathic, well i suppose i have to endure floods of insults, no one can be trusted due to this fallout's playground.

:shredder:

This is a great game, not perfect, but definitely not bad.

If I had to point out the bad parts those would be:

Main story- (meaning the one after you find Ciri, cause everything prior is bunch of veiled side quests, thou good ones) especially last third of it, with Radovid's assassination being the worst quest in the whole game.

Difficulty nosedives too quickly with basic builds, even on death march.

Discovered items scaling to characters level ruins the whole point of exploring for treasure, itemization was done way better in the first game.

Witcher vision is very overused in the game.

Combat is decent, thou could use more depth.

Everything else is great.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Here we go again, even on the codex,they proved me that i was right about them. No argue,nothing , just spam retarded and shit ratings.They are worse than Bethestard at least they tried to argue while CD projekt fanatics never argue (they are 100% right every time, never try to criticize Witcher 3 or any obvious problems related to it )(i received a serie of retarded ratings only because i criticized Witcher 3) .
you're trying too hard.

jackofshadows

Magister
There're tons of shit games out there, but TW3 definitely isn't among them. Its pros easily outweights its cons. So while it's perfectly fine not to like it, explicitly shit on it looks kinda stupid.

My biggest gripe about the game though is a disconnect between its progression system and the game's world outside of combat. I mean, with Axii exception, the game simply doesn't give a fuck about what kind of witcher are you, sadly.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Main story- (meaning the one after you find Ciri, cause everything prior is bunch of veiled side quests, thou good ones) especially last third of it, with Radovid's assassination being the worst quest in the whole game.

Difficulty nosedives too quickly with basic builds, even on death march.

Discovered items scaling to characters level ruins the whole point of exploring for treasure, itemization was done way better in the first game.

Witcher vision is very overused in the game.

Combat is decent, thou could use more depth.

Everything else is great.

Agree with all of this. Unfortunately I know now that everything pre-Ciri is mostly padding, so I'm finding it hard to replay. Even the quests everybody likes, like Bloody Baron, are still just following a few map/witcher vision prompts.

C&C was better in Witcher 2. I recall the choice in Velen that could change things, I don't remember much else. What kind of C&C can I do in Novigrad and Skellige to shake things up?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There're tons of shit games out there, but TW3 definitely isn't among them. Its pros easily outweights its cons. So while it's perfectly fine not to like it, explicitly shit on it looks kinda stupid.

Like anything super popular, it gets shit on more than it deserves because it gets praised more than it deserves. Cosmic balance.

jackofshadows

Magister
What kind of C&C can I do in Novigrad and Skellige to shake things up?
Off the top of my head: to save mages or not, to help with asassination preparations or not, to whom of Crach's children lend a hand or ditch them (cool option btw) and last but not least, which sorceress to bang or ditch them both as well.
Like anything super popular, it gets shit on more than it deserves because it gets praised more than it deserves. Cosmic balance.
Yeah, guess you're right.

Vatnik Wumao
What kind of C&C can I do in Novigrad and Skellige to shake things up?
Off the top of my head: to save mages or not, to help with asassination preparations or not, to whom of Crach's children lend a hand or ditch them (cool option btw) and last but not least, which sorceress to bang or ditch them both as well.
I'd also mention solving that village dispute regarding the leshen in Skellige since I really liked it. Just a well designed contract though.

Duralux for Durabux

Why does it think it is worth the effort? It replays* TW3 or it gets the hose again.

*Remember, it is not entitled to have an opinion on a game until it replays it seven times.
I finished it two times because i wanted to dig down into it to find out if it worths the cost and nope it doesn't.

The entire game needs to be overhauled.
As if i was wrong,just compare bloodborne's combat to witcher 3's combat( Bloodborne deserved tha goty), 2 different types of games but you'll see a problem very rapidly in witcher 3. Quests aside,the majority of witcher 3's contracts follow the same scheme (talk to npc , go to investigation point, follow footsteps (for about 30 minutes ), kill the monsters , reward.
All of the treasure's quests follow a different scheme wich is find a note,follow the quest compass, loot the (chest,corpse,whatever you want),reward.
I aknowledge that some of the secondary quests are good to decent (but some of them copy some elements of the witcher's contracts follow footsteps- kill monster -get reward (like harassing a troll quest, a dog's life,a favor for the friend, there so many like this). Graphics aside, Fabulous nothing to say at this point.
Landscapes aside, Magnificent espacially Velen that i particuly love.
Main quest aside, it was bad , i have found the baron's side quests way better than the entire main quest.
Loot aside :levels destroy everything
Customization aside :Poorly made ,it just a question of numbers to minmax

In my opinion, witcher 3 is peak deacline (it is the game that holds your hands the most)( don't be smart, press the button and something awesome has to happen)

Two words:Witcher senses
Sorry, i misunderstood your sentence, i'm not a native english speaker.It all become clear for me now.
Yeah, you are absolutely right but i can't comprehend why they choose witcher 3 as a masterpiece in term of story and immersion instead of Planetscape Torment (I have never a seen a city more believable than Sigil)(all npc have their own purposes in life while in Witcher 3 they repeat the same sentence" Oh" "uh" like a fucking statue).
Between witcher 3 and Planetscape Torment there is a world in between
I didn't know that it means that you have to endure a ton of shit thrown at you by the crowd.
I did nothing to the other 2017's newfag, he can't stop harassing me.
uh-oh i have triggered a witcher fag.Now move on and go smell footsteps and shit.
Well, insults(without argument) in response of insults. What seems to be the problem here ?
Can you prove me that i'm wrong instead of consistently attacking AD PERSONAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Duralux for Durabux

As someone sympathic, I'm telling you that you are destroying any chance of being taken seriously, after the initial good impression from taking an Arcanum portrait.
I wasn't even serious for you in the first place as a newfag.
/ignore me if you don't care about my shitty opinion as we only disagree on witcher 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Lorerunner was probably mentioned sometime down the line in this thread, but I just once again wanted to give a shout out his 'Rumination Analysis' on the main game and especially the expansions. Really enjoyable stuff and some genuine interesting insight into TW3 and some aspects of it that I failed to notice before.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Lorerunner was probably mentioned sometime down the line in this thread, but I just once again wanted to give a shout out his 'Rumination Analysis' on the main game and especially the expansions. Really enjoyable stuff and some genuine interesting insight into TW3 and some aspects of it that I failed to notice before.

WhiskeyWolf
Keep those coming. Found two very valuable YT channels thanks to your recommendations.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
GoG sending out discount emails for the 5 year anniversary of TW3, with the title: "The Witcher is not DEAD."

Possibly paving the way for an announcement in the future.

Deleted member 7219

GoG sending out discount emails for the 5 year anniversary of TW3, with the title: "The Witcher is not DEAD."

Possibly paving the way for an announcement in the future.

Ciri sequel Ciri sequel Ciri sequel.

It would work quite well with a unique Prologue or Chapter 1 depending on your choices from The Witcher 3 (people with playthroughs where Ciri died being the only exception).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd rather they just make a canon decision and roll with it like New Vegas did, but I know I'm in the minority.

Though they'd probably choose retiring with Yen which would break my heart as Trish is my redheaded waifu.

Gerrard

Arcane

I watched some stuff from this guy in the past, couple years ago, can't remember if Witcher was among the ones I've seen, but I remember concluding that he was a pretentious fedora tipper with no standards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom