Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
As the original person said, you should be embarrassed to be a community manager at this age.
you requoting that doesn't make it any less stupid. no job is something to be embarrassed at. you're still working instead of being a social parasite (whether intentional or due to circumstance), and saying shit like that is the same level of retarded as "you should be embarrassed to play games at your age". not to mention that he gets paid to do marginally more than he might have been doing as part of his hobby anyways. community manager is a pretty sweet job (at least as long as you have thick skin, which i am sure no former bioware employee does, and it pays your bills). doesn't change the fact that equating it with actually working on the game, as he did, is just plain retarded.

Why are you so butt hurt by this..?

RPGMaster

Savant
I'm 99% sure that on the old BioWare forums he dissed The Witcher and its immature attitude to sex compared to the moral superiority of BioWare.

I've seen some passive-aggressive mod posts about CDProjekt and their games on BSN, but not outright insults or hostility. Sadly, Bioware now has new forums, and I can't find even those old posts.

buzz

Arcane
Hey, don't diss community managers, they have a pretty vital role. I mean, the devs could read and moderate the forums themselves, but if they distance themselves from the community with these hired guys, it's important for them to be competent. Imagine a butthurt CM at inxile for example, cherry picking good arguments for rtwp combat to send to the devs and ignoring the TB ones.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't remember seeing any anti-CD Prod posts from Bioware people, but I barely even view that forum anymore. There was a time when a former CD Projekt person and that one QA guy had a friendly chat about Witcher 2 http://forum.bioware.com/topic/433687-now-im-playing-the-witcher-2/page-10#entry13680876

I'm 99% sure that on the old BioWare forums he dissed The Witcher and its immature attitude to sex compared to the moral superiority of BioWare.
You have the wrong person, seriously.

Priestly's very 3D Realms.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Even if you wanted to argue that its an important job (it isn't), they hired an absolute moron and overall pathetic of waste of space to do it. They would have been better off just shutting down their forums.

Hyperbole maybe, but this guy is a fucking loser.

Keshik

Arcane
it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bullshitting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.

Well in the end it's my words vs CDP PR. I mean why should You belive my if I have no solid evidence to show? But that's kind of my point, CDP build a very good realationship with gamers and now it's paying off as oppose to say EA. I do have inside knowledge, I did have contact with the game but again NDA and such plus I'm just a dude on the internet. my only point is that GAF should take everything CDP says with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols) wait for the reviews, then decide or don't pay attention to a random dude on the internet and do what you want with your money.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905447&page=7

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bullshitting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.

Well in the end it's my words vs CDP PR. I mean why should You belive my if I have no solid evidence to show? But that's kind of my point, CDP build a very good realationship with gamers and now it's paying off as oppose to say EA. I do have inside knowledge, I did have contact with the game but again NDA and such plus I'm just a dude on the internet. my only point is that GAF should take everything CDP says with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols) wait for the reviews, then decide or don't pay attention to a random dude on the internet and do what you want with your money.

That context of that post seems to be...the quality of the graphics? Pffft.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

In a shocking twist of fate, the game doesn't look as good on shitty console hardware as it does in trailers and press screenshots. This happens for every second AAA game on that forum, you'd think they'd have learned by now.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space

In a shocking twist of fate, the game doesn't look as good on shitty console hardware as it does in trailers and press screenshots. This happens for every second AAA game on that forum, you'd think they'd have learned by now.

Even if graphics don't matter all that much in terms of how enjoyable a game can be, and even though developers have lied time and time again, that still doesn't make lying right.

Tehdagah

Arcane
9lcLWCT.png
"The Dina Disaster" all over again.

"feminist biology"

*googles*

An excerpt from an article:

Scholars have long talked about how gender bias affects biology research. Thirty years ago, biologists always described sperm as "penetrating" or "burrowing" into passive eggs, even after research showed that eggs play an active role in fertilization… and that sperm's swimming is too weak to penetrate an egg. Today, scientists know that eggs and sperm recognize each other, grab onto each other, and fuse to form embryos. (So romantic!)
Kinda off-topic but the the sperm cell actually penetrate the egg, breaking its hymen pellucid zone.

The macro imitates the micro :M

Last edited:

Keshik

Arcane
All a matter of how much they are lying, if any. Well, and lying at this stage in terms of it being about a pre-release client isn't all that bad (or unexpected in this industry). He is right about reviews though.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik

I've seen it before and I'm fairly certain that I know the reason what has happened.

Obviously - lolconsoles, the game won't look as good as it looked like on screens when you're trying to play them on console, but it's fucking obvious, and I wonder why is anybody still in denial.

Early screens though, are extremely sharp, which looks bullshotty and gameplay presentations don't look like that.

I know other game that did it - Crisis, the problem was that promo screens were rendered at 4-8k, downscaled, they've used crazy AA etc. so the game looked much better than anything ever.I don't think that there was a single GPU able to play it in full hd/60fps back then(and promo screens were downscaled from 4 or 8 times bigger resolutions). Guess why were people complaining about "graphics not looking as good as on promos" here.
CDPR probably did the same with those early screens.
Also it's a weird coincidence that as soon as there were rumours about PS4 not being able to play it at 1080p, neogaf leaked something negative about the game.

I never preorder games, nor I hold any big hopes for any of them anyway so no biggie if it'll be shit.

since when do community managers get to work on the games?

Since when he ate the developers.

i am genuinely curious whether he actually gets to work on the game, which should be largely finished by this time anyhow, or is just spewing shit to inflate his own ego.

Wait, so that wasn't sarcasm? Of course it's the latter. ("I work in the movie industry" - guy responsible for cleaning of filming set)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He'll still be listed in the credits as community manager. :P

Josh Sawyer is in Torment's manual as the website designer.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Wait, so that wasn't sarcasm? Of course it's the latter. ("I work in the movie industry" - guy responsible for cleaning of filming set)
it was sarcastic, but then my hope in the human race overode my instant flagging of it as bullshit of that kind. i know, i never learn...
He'll still be listed in the credits as community manager. :P

Josh Sawyer is in Torment's manual as the website designer.
doe she ever claim to have worked on torment?

Bahamut

Arcane
A little question, i dont follow witcher pre-release jedi mind tricks, do this time game characters have proper facial animations?

Originally Posted by bishoptl

Good morning.

Anaxymenes has been vetted and cleared.

Thanks.

regarding author of that post:lol::lol::lol::lol:

iQW1C6aJalifV.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol:

People doubting that a sequel that significantly increases in scope wouldn't be hell on the lives of the people making it.

I hope Patrick Mills on Cyberpunk's doing all right. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom