Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Witcher only sells a lot on PC. W2 did not do well at all on the Xbox.

Coming out on “all top-of-the-line” consoles
Commander Geralt of Reavia confirmed.
But the important question is: can we continue romancing our waifus from Twitcher 1/2?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Not what I meant. PB's games have always been rather niche. Witcher however, is a pretty popular mainstream series and sells a lot, now that it's going open-world Bethsoft might have to step up their game to compete.
Witcher 2 "only" sold two million, which is just as much as that other potato open world game, Two Worlds 2. And I have no clue how much Dragon's Dogma sold, but it didn't put a dent in Bethsoft either.

inb4 Ciri
tumblr_m93ro4DOSh1reuhuro1_500.jpg

A BEARD??? They have no respect for their own franchise! Yes, keep spitting fans in the face, fucking polacks..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ciri is dead, but memory-wiped Yennefer has apparently turned into a promiscuous traitorous bitch. I'm expecting some explicit femme fatale action, and a separate "Triss path" and "Yennefer path". :obviously:

Borelli

Arcane
Geralt having a beard is a decline for me i hate it when they change characters look like that for no reason.
However in W2 you had the option to change haircut so i hope that in the world of witcher there exists a razor for shaving.
Like Morrowind, for example. It's a much smaller landmass than something like Skyrim

No it isn't.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seeing is believing. They promised up to 100 hours of gameplay in TW2 as well. I would take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Neverheless The Witcher is far more suited for open word than for linear popamoling. I hated that TW2 was so linear, TW1 gave a much better illusion of scale and choice.

Hopefully, they would make monster hunting better than in TW2 where it was almost nonexistant.
When is this game coming out, though? 2015?

Borelli

Arcane

DeepOcean

Arcane
Witcher only sells a lot on PC. W2 did not do well at all on the Xbox.
They released the Witcher 2 for consoles many months after the PC release on a age where people has the attention span of a rat, that is why witcher 3 is going to be multiplatform from the start. The main complain was that the combat system wasn't "intuitive" (AKA easy), they are dumbing down the combat mechanicis, the left mouse button on your mouse must be prepared for the "accessible combat" (combat system on the witcher 1 and 2 weren't exactly all that great either), CDprojekt started being recognized only recently and they are learning some marketing tricks with Bethesda marketing department, the main consoletard complain on Skyrim was the lack of any decent narrative and don't forget the desilusioned Biodrones.

My theory:
multiplatform + homeless biodrones + storyfags skyrim fans + "accessible" combat + "IT IS LIKE SKYRIM, GUYS" marketing campaing + potato programmers and artists slave labor = PROFIT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom