Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
I think it is one of the unused tracks for previous games.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Charles Dance is freaking brilliant. Last Action Hero gets a lot of hate but his role in it was so much fun. Spaghetti slurping cretin!
Great choice for Emhyr var Emreis.

Got bored and left

Yep. If all else fails, at least we'll have an awesome, atmospheric soundtrack to listen too. As a huge fan of folk music (Polish folk especially), I couldn't be happier. Now, I wonder if the game will be up to snuff. Something tells me this one's gonna be either really cool or an absolute catastrophy, there's no middle ground.

Oh, and I'm a huge fan of the fetus monster. Gimme some more hideous bastards to kill, please!

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Can't know for certain until I play but they seem to have done a much better job of copying Arkham Asylum/City combat system this time around judging by videos, could be fun. Still can't get over the loot scaling though, hopefully someone mods that shit out as quickly as possible.

hiver

Oh God yes. Riding around the countryside while listening to Polish folk music is all I ever wanted from an RPG.

If only folk music was done with symphonic orchestras, modern special audio effect studios and professional singing ensembles :lol:

Modron

Arcane
Charles Dance is freaking brilliant. Last Action Hero gets a lot of hate but his role in it was so much fun. Spaghetti slurping cretin!
Great choice for Emhyr var Emreis.

Requesting mods change thread title to The Witcher 3, Charles Dance appreciation thread.

Tytus

Arcane
Those are end credits songs from the infamous Wiedźmin TV series.

Use the proper translation, it's The Hexer TV series.

The%20Hexer.jpg

hiver

I know...ffs...

bs6mSS3m.jpg

- thats the Weidzemin series right there in the video you MORON.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiver

No, thats because you are a cheap stupid shit.

And a butthurt fanboi idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still can't get over the loot scaling though, hopefully someone mods that shit out as quickly as possible.
Loot scaling is only a derivative problem, the source issue is the H&S random loot system - I hope someone mods this shit out aqap.

Tytus

Arcane
Still can't get over the loot scaling though, hopefully someone mods that shit out as quickly as possible.
Loot scaling is only a derivative problem, the source issue is the H&S random loot system - I hope someone mods this shit out aqap.

I also hope someone mods out the self refiling potion stupidity. The potions should be reliable on alcohol quality like it was in the first one and not refil automatically with whatever alcohol you have.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also hope someone mods out the self refiling potion stupidity. The potions should be reliable on alcohol quality like it was in the first one and not refil automatically with whatever alcohol you have.

I am okay with that, actually. It is a compromise, but I am all for a compromise that will overall encourage potions use, because that makes gameplay more interesting

Not to mention I am a horrible hoarder and bad at judging when to use my consumables, so incentives to do just that are very welcome.

Tytus

Arcane

I am okay with that, actually. It is a compromise, but I am all for a compromise that will overall encourage potions use, because that makes gameplay more interesting

Not to mention I am a horrible hoarder and bad at judging when to use my consumables, so incentives to do just that are very welcome.

The fact that game is hitting your sweet spot and addressing you personal gaming flaws doesn't mean it's a good and sensible system. It takes away a layer of crafting/brewing and doesn't make any sense.

hiver

How is that going to "encourage potion use" ? Shouldn't the gameplay itself encourage potion use instead?

This just makes potions into non consumables because they are inexhaustible and the only thing it encourages is being juiced up for 100% of the game without any cost to it at all. And i partially discourages exploration to find the ingredients.
While it diminishes Alchemy skill, if thats a skill now at all.

Nothing else then a mass market feature for dumb lazy players.
Which isnt any kind of surprise, obviously since the game is made for that specifically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom