Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Game doesn't represent vegetarians and people with An34 syndrome also no american indians.

8/10

From the polygon comments:

Ultimately The Witcher 3 is a good game that falls short in a few key areas and may only be worth your time if you are a bachelor who prefers the outdated transportation method of enslaving horses and who feasts on an abundance of meat.
free the horses!

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
why do people never seem to realise that any time a developer shows off their games 1-2 years before a release, it's just a vertical slice. Those downgrade shots are what they wanted the final product to look like, and things change in development, for the better. Who the fuck cares anyways? cRPGS aren't about graphics

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ultimately The Witcher 3 is a good game that falls short in a few key areas and may only be worth your time if you are a bachelor who prefers the outdated transportation method of enslaving horses and who feasts on an abundance of meat.
:retarded:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Has anybody seen a pc version preview (not the prerelease build since that is ps4 only apparently) where mkb is actually used?

on the intarnetz (=the thruth) there are rumours that the mkb controls were not even present in the latest preview built and cdpr still had to hack them in for release (probably by a junior intern, since the rest was partying, celebrating 1 mio preorders).

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
mkb controls were not even present in the latest preview built and cdpr still had to hack them in for release
Apparently, young CDPR padawans have learned a lot about professional VG development from their BioWare mentors.

Seriously though, what's happening? Is it some new marketing trick - I mean ruining your products on purpose. And it must be on purpose since incompetence only goes so far. I feel like I'm terribly behind the times because I really don't understand.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
mkb controls were not even present in the latest preview built and cdpr still had to hack them in for release
Haven't seen this one yet. Apparently, young CDPR padawans have learned a lot about professional VG development from their BioWare mentors.

Seriously though, what's happening? Is it some new marketing trick - I mean ruining your products on purpose. I feel like I'm terribly behind the time because I really don't understand.

It's a budget thing,they realised that the consoles don't have enough juice to run the ''2013'' version of the game ,so they decided to scratch and focus on building a version that looks similar on all platforms,pc having the pleasure to enjoy higher resolution,ubersampling and shit.Basically they ditched the Pc because the consoles are just too weak,yet they make more money,the end.

Now i know why they delayed the game for 1 year,those fucking garbage next gen pieces of shit just can't go mano a mano with a 600-700$ PC,i wonder why the fuck those retards keep buying them.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
From the polygon comments:

free the horses!

Waitwut? I don't entirely get the point of that comment. What's wrong with being a bachelor? Are they actually trying to make some sort of a "pro-animal-rights" point while at the same time having a go at meat-eaters (which really translates to "humans")?

I don't even get it and it's already triggering me... XD

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Waitwut? I don't entirely get the point of that comment. What's wrong with being a bachelor? Are they actually trying to make some sort of a "pro-animal-rights" point while at the same time having a go at meat-eaters (which really translates to "humans")?

Sarcasm my friend. Dude had a point, aiming at all those who were bitching about game being racist(for lack of niggers) and mysogenistic("oversexualized" wymyn)

Also - I had a great laugh reading sone fucking retard comment on writing. He actually believed BioWare to be "a pinneacle" of writing. People these days.:prosper:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Sarcasm my friend. Dude had a point, aiming at all those who were bitching about game being racist(for lack of niggers) and mysogenistic("oversexualized" wymyn)

Also - I had a great laugh reading sone fucking retard comment on writing. He actually believed BioWare to be "a pinneacle" of writing. People these days.:prosper:

Oh. I can't access the context from here (can only access Codex, long story), thus I didn't quite get the sarcasm.

And lol @ "BioWare is pinnacle of writing".

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More gold from that Einstein-
I think this is where some fans of The Witcher 2 will be most disappointed. Encounters in that game were brutal, and difficult, practically demanding preparation through the use of potions and weapon oils. Combat itself was methodical, with attacks taking stamina and poorly judged swings opening you up for deadly counterattacks from almost any enemy.
RK47

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There is hope for the PC version after all

The GOG version of The Witcher 3 is available for pre-loading, and some users found the XML options via which PC gamers will be – most probably – able to tweak the game’s graphics settings. Via the game’s XML files, PC gamers can enable the Sharpening filter (that was used in most early screenshots). Not only that, but there is an “Uber” quality for a lot of graphics options (including the game’s Terrain, Textures and LOD settings).

As we can see, the game comes with Low, Medium, High and Uber settings for a variety of options. The game will feature “Uber” textures that will be 2048×2048 in size. Moreover, Grass Density can also be increased to “Uber” quality, as well as Foliage Visibility, Shadow distance scaling and Water tessellation.Moreover, the game will support NVIDIA’s HBAO technique.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-w...ning-uber-terrain-textures-lod-options-found/

Maybe it's true they are not showing PC because it looks superior

Tytus

Arcane

Oh. I can't access the context from here (can only access Codex, long story), thus I didn't quite get the sarcasm.

And lol @ "BioWare is pinnacle of writing".

The Witcher 3 is a mixed bag. The gameplay is fun, the graphics are nice, the story is deep and interesting but it’s almost as if the developers went out of their way not to depict any automobiles. Sure you could argue that the game takes place in a time before such technological advancements but it’s a fantasy game depicting magic and all sorts of unrealistic beasts so there is really no excuse why there couldn’t be cars or at least a motorbike. Also there is a wide variety of food items available to restore your vitality but most of these items are forms of meat dishes.. making the game unnecessarily difficult for vegans on higher difficulties. The writers of The Witcher 3 also failed to address the social and financial difficulties of being a single father which I found distracting and unfortunate. Ultimately The Witcher 3 is a good game that falls short in a few key areas and may only be worth your time if you are a bachelor who prefers the outdated transportation method of enslaving horses and who feasts on an abundance of meat.

Here is the complete context of what he said.

Tytus

Arcane

The GOG version of The Witcher 3 is available for pre-loading, and some users found the XML options via which PC gamers will be – most probably – able to tweak the game’s graphics settings. Via the game’s XML files, PC gamers can enable the Sharpening filter (that was used in most early screenshots). Not only that, but there is an “Uber” quality for a lot of graphics options (including the game’s Terrain, Textures and LOD settings).

As we can see, the game comes with Low, Medium, High and Uber settings for a variety of options. The game will feature “Uber” textures that will be 2048×2048 in size. Moreover, Grass Density can also be increased to “Uber” quality, as well as Foliage Visibility, Shadow distance scaling and Water tessellation.Moreover, the game will support NVIDIA’s HBAO technique.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-w...ning-uber-terrain-textures-lod-options-found/

Makabb! What happened to you!? Don't lose your resolve now! Don't lose hope! Never stop bashing CDPR and Witcher 3, never.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I think this is where some fans of The Witcher 2 will be most disappointed. Encounters in that game were brutal, and difficult, practically demanding preparation through the use of potions and weapon oils. Combat itself was methodical, with attacks taking stamina and poorly judged swings opening you up for deadly counterattacks from almost any enemy.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron

I watched some of the ign stream yesterday, and it did look decent(ish). They were running the game on "ultra".

At some point the ign presenter apparently mentioned that the pc version looked better than consoles, and then realized he shouldnt have said that, and -facing the wrath of cdpr- quickly went into damage control mode.
(i missed that moment tbh)

Also, they played using a controller. Iirc in the playsessions in potatoland earlier this year journos were forced to use controllers. So the pc version may still have totally unusable last-minute shot-in by an intern shitty mkb controls.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
RK47
The lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Who the fuck cares anyways? cRPGS aren't about graphics
I care. If CRPGs aren't about graphics, don't make them in 3D. When a game forces me to buy a 980 card, I want my eye candy and I will accept no excuses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom