Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Hah the official cdpr forums moderation is brutal, every thread that doesnt praise tw3 gets closed. Those guys are doing great PR, lol. As for nvidia, most gamers will now know that an upgrade to console level is sufficient, since that is the golden standard for almost all developers: buying expensive bleeding edge gfx cards or more accurately any card that is above console level is useless.

Ang

Novice
Preload has been available for a while now, there hasn't been any change in the last few days. The soundtrack isn't up for download yet, those are just the exclusive tracks which have been available for the better part of a year.

At least a few days ago I was able to download Witcher 3 official soundtrack with 35 songs from GoG. Been listening to it non stop ever since...

lemon-lime

Educated
That one.de video comparision between low and ultra is a joke. Ultra mostly adds shit effects like blur and BLOOOM!
Only worthwhile differences seemed to be texture quality (I only noticed it in the bathtub close up though) and the higher quality version of the ambient occlusion. Even the anti aliasing barely improved the image quality.

What's the difference in hardware specs between the two graphics settings?

Ang

Novice
Latest round of PR fire extinguishing exercises:

We never switched the textures. On pc, you now have the option to activate “Ultra” quality textures with the full resolution. However, the difference that many people see with new and old footage was a strong sharpening filter in 2013 that looks awesome on screenshots and in short videos, but strains the eyes after a short while if there is a lot of movement (leaves and grass swaying in the wind as an example). That’s why it was decided to tone that effect down.
However, people who really want to have it can of course use the Redkit to change the environment settings. It’s just a matter of taste. ; )

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...ame-from-2013-give-info-on-gameplay-and-more/

Sodafish

Arcane
"we didn't show the game on ulta settings yet".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mJaYQhaYc

I wonder why :prosper:

Jesus christ, what a clusterfuck. Texture quality barely changes, and the shadow settings are particularly lulzy:

UylCKLV.jpg

:hmmm:

Tytus

Arcane
The Witcher comics are pretty blah, I gotta say. House of Glass is a Hellboy comic, with the main hero swapped. Geralt even calls out (!!) every sign while using them, because the reader is apparently too dumb to recognize what they are. (or the writer watched too much anime)

What is the point of naming your attacks/spells when you can't shout their name while attacking an enemy? :P :P

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Glad I will be playing this on PS4 Master Race instead of spending hours tweaking Uber-PC settings only to find they do nothing.

:smug:

Zep--

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Textures are the biggest difference, otherwise it's very similar. I mean...on one hand that's good optimization, people playing on lower settings should be happy. On the other hand, people who expected real Ultra settings will be understandably disappointed.

Week 1 patch? Enhanced edition?

Deleted member 7219

Preload has been available for a while now, there hasn't been any change in the last few days. The soundtrack isn't up for download yet, those are just the exclusive tracks which have been available for the better part of a year.

At least a few days ago I was able to download Witcher 3 official soundtrack with 35 songs from GoG. Been listening to it non stop ever since...

You are correct - just noticed the full soundtrack is on there now.

Hegel

Arcane
The redhead sorceress romance path is good, best girl. Also, the ashen haired girl is overpowered, Geralt doesn't stand a chance.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only large games today are shitty AAA ones. I rarely have more than 100 gig worth of games installed at any one time.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Guys, stop with the graphix whoring, this is getting boring, the only thing that matters on the witcha is HD boobs. If there are boobs to look at, are you going to pay attention to the walls to see the downgrade?

Zeriel

Arcane
People on Plebbit refuse to believe Witcher 2 sold less on consoles than PC. I'm getting downboated to Oblivion for citing sales figures. :')

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Jesus christ are you guys still nitpicking every tiny thing? Aren't you guys the cunts who play 1985 pc games and praise the shit out of them?

I mean I think we all know by now they've downgraded. Hows the game though? Oh wait graphics matter now but not when playing some indie hipster stuff you guys love.

I'd much rather have this than another pixel art game

Zeriel

Arcane
Jesus christ are you guys still nitpicking every tiny thing? Aren't you guys the cunts who play 1985 pc games and praise the shit out of them?

I mean I think we all know by now they've downgraded. Hows the game though? Oh wait graphics matter now but not when playing some indie hipster stuff you guys love.

Everyone who plays this series already knows the gameplay is shit, graphics are literally all it has.

Use better bait next time, friend.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Everyone who plays this series already knows the gameplay is shit, graphics are literally all it has.

Use better bait next time, friend.
I'm playing Witcher games for story.

Doktor Best

Arcane
"witcher 3 runs smooth on i3 + gtx660" -> Boooh! Graphics downgrade! What the hell did i buy my titan x for? I sold my car/girlfriend/goat for the gpu upgrade now i cant play with orgasmic graphics because of consoles!

"gtx 980 struggles on best settings of witcher 3" -> Booh! Badly optimized! I want to play highest details!

The life of a graphics whore nowadays is almost as unpleasant as the life of a woman in Novigrad :(

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

I have seen some reviews on neogaf from the PS4 version and some of them said that the quests are very repetative and not that great compared with what the dev said (every quest feels different my ass)....The writing seems to be so-so,nothing stellar..

If a faggy console player tells me that the quests are repetative and the writing mediocre...well something is wrong here

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I think you took a wrong turn at Neogaf, friend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom