Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:butthurt:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I drive a Honda Civic because I'm a middle-class asshole in America and that's what you do. If someone told me a Lexus was better though I would cry about it and tell that person they offended me.

made

Arcane
zJBsA7C.png

:)
5ur2up.jpg

You know it's a dark and bleak world when Potato has to pick up the ball for RPGs. Still, it seems nice. I'll try to reserve my judgement until more info comes out.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Unfortunately, like that EGlink says, CDProjekt RED EN is not an official CDP twitter account, just a fan translation.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why the fuck does it matter whose twitter it is or what console fanboys are pissy about it, of course the fucking thing will be best on PC. Even if it is a total console port it will still be better on PC due to the ability to have higher resolution, framerate and whatever else. A pure bare-bones console port like Darksiders is still best on PC. Everything is, unless it's glitched out and fucked like say Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

The whole "news" story is ridiculous.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why the fuck does it matter whose twitter it is or what console fanboys are pissy about it, of course the fucking thing will be best on PC. Even if it is a total console port it will still be better on PC due to the ability to have higher resolution, framerate and whatever else. A pure bare-bones console port like Darksiders is still best on PC. Everything is, unless it's glitched out and fucked like say Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

The whole "news" story is ridiculous.

Like I said, the only news here is that there's a company with the balls to say that. Western publishers and developers are very afraid to say anything bad about consoles, even though they make much less money off of each console game sold.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Like I said, the only news here is that there's a company with the balls to say that. Western publishers and developers are very afraid to say anything bad about consoles, even though they make much less money off of each console game sold.

Yeah I'm just ranting.

Still, news sites reporting it like "OMG COULD IT BE?" makes me eyes roll with heavy dexterity.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The fact that they're unwilling to play it simply because Geralt is a pre-established heterosexual male character, and thus someone they cannot project their sexual fantasies on, always amuses the hell out of me. Bioware should just skip the middleman and start making fucking visual novels for these freaks.

Also had a picture with Biodrone 'recommendations' for improving the game which basically amounted to "Make Geralt gay".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Biofags never change. The Witcher's straight masculine awesomeness is one of the best things about it.
CD Projekt is never going to get the sales they want if they're going to alienate nearly half the population.

Cyberpunk might fix that though. :smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
CD Projekt is never going to get the sales they want if they're going to alienate nearly half the population.

Half of what population? Of CRPG players? :lol:
http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp
  • Forty-seven percent of all players are women, and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry's fastest growing demographics.
  • Today, adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (30 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).

ipsos_oct2011_2.png

Note that the women pushed Skyrim ahead of Zelda when it came to the 18-34 demographic.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i had no idea. in that case, please make triss merigold rpg : the sorceress. and allow her to have fully removable armor.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Half of what population? Of CRPG players? :lol:
http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp
  • Forty-seven percent of all players are women, and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry's fastest growing demographics.
  • Today, adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (30 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).

ipsos_oct2011_2.png

Note that the women pushed Skyrim ahead of Zelda when it came to the 18-34 demographic.

I'm not sure how this chart tells us anything about women and Skyrim. All it says is that 58% of Skyrim players are in the 18-34 demographic.

Besides, these figures are probably all bullshit anyway because they don't include Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom