Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News The Witcher 3 Released

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, May 19, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

After years of hype and numerous delays, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the pride of the Polish nation, is finally released. It's now available for purchase on Steam, GOG and numerous other digital retailers (but definitely not GMG) for the standard price of $60. Here's the game's launch trailer, which has many familiar faces and a kinda faggy soundtrack:

Well, that's that then. Ever since the Kickstarter age began, we've all but completely phased out news coverage of AAA RPG releases. Only The Witcher 3 remained, mostly because I enjoy CD Projekt's approach to writing...and because the Codex readership demands a little graphics whoring now and again. Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Gord Arcane

Gord
    :outrage:

^ Top  
  3. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Is that female Geralt in that thumbnail.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  5. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    So: yes?

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  6. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    I guess Vesemir is... toast.

:yeah:

^ Top  
  7. Zeronet Learned

Zeronet
    The important question to be answered, how long can his beard grow?

^ Top  
  8. Think big! Smoking Dicks

Think big!
    Or Fallout 4, or Elder Scrolls 5, or Obsidian's new traditionally published rpg, or any new rpgs from Bioware, or from Piranha Bytes, or from Larian, or other studios that may decide to suddenly develop an rpg for the first time.

Don't act like there won't be news posts about these game or that we won't be talking about them.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. himmy Arcane

himmy
    I agree with your post as a whole, but it's clear that one of us doesn't really understand what AAA means and I don't think it's me.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  10. Eddas Learned

Eddas
    The Shitter 3 is out, can't wait to not play this one.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  11. Disgruntled Savant

Disgruntled
    Im eagerly waiting for the codex to tear this one apart. One upside to these AAA games is the lack of early access so most of the criticism will be fresh.
    God damn kickstarter titles are beaten to death before 1.0 leaving me with stale bloated threads.

^ Top  
  12. Onholyservicebound Arcane

Onholyservicebound
    I expect a lot of the retards who shat on the kickstarters to eat this popamole shit up, especially the potatoes.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So edgy, much points.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  14. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Posting in page 1 of 3000.

:outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage::ehue::outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage:

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  15. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I've listened to the whole soundtrack and I think it's pretty good. Reminds me of Hans Zimmer's tracks for the "300" films.

^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    How many newsposts about a Bioware or Bethesda game have you seen recently?

^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I think we need a dozen more newsposts about Underworld Whatitscalled.

^ Top  
  18. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Faggy trailer soundtrack?

GTFO.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. whitepony Educated

whitepony
    world wide potato pride :outrage:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Just got my copy from retailer like casul.

123zl ~ 30$

^ Top  
  21. Dr Skeleton Cipher

Dr Skeleton
    :outrage:

Show Spoiler
    I'll wait for EE and a large discount, like with the last one

^ Top  
  22. Israfael Arcane

Israfael
    Saw this thread on the first page. I wouldnt buy it yet as it looks like another hiking simulator.

^ Top  
  23. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Those motherfuckers. My DVD2 is fucked (pressing problem)

This is what you get for going for retail copy... Now i need to download whole day from GOG.

At least they put in GOG code...

^ Top  
  24. Vibalist Arcane

Vibalist
    Meh. I'll see in about half a year if this game is worth anything. Never again will I day 1 purchase anything. Not after fucking PoE.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Thane Solus Arcane

Thane Solus
    if your main quotes are from Gamespot, IGN US and Game Trailers along with 200 gazillion awards, it makes me think that the game is huge pile of shit, or those from marketing should be fired on the spot. (both?!)

The trailer is very bad, really, really bad. The only good thing is that it shows scenes from the game and not a CGI shit, but the song which is mediocre at best, doesnt fit the cuts or better said, the cuts dont fit the song, also they shouldve used background sounds of the scenes, that could help it more.

The color palette is shit, in 2013 was gritty and dark, here is World of Warcraft type, it doesnt look bad, but with a gritty/dark color, the atmosphere would be 10x better.

As for the game, ill wait the EE edition and discount, CD Projeckt lost their minds years ago, i dont trust them at all, but i like their quests/dialogues and some of the dark scenes from the past games, so this shouldnt be bad, when their competition is LOL Bioware and some decent reiterations of the games from the past. But when you start acting like EA and Activision, it doesn't bring me any confidence, see sex bait trailers, 1 gazillion colors per pixel, ports for console, mediocre combat...

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.