Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 Released

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Game's just not very good.

But it has kawaii Ciri and T&A.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
if your main quotes are from Gamespot, IGN US and Game Trailers along with 200 gazillion awards, it makes me think that the game is huge pile of shit, or those from marketing should be fired on the spot. (both?!).

D:OS's main quotes are also from Gamespot, IGN, GameInformer and Polygon of all magazines.

Thane Solus

Arcane
if your main quotes are from Gamespot, IGN US and Game Trailers along with 200 gazillion awards, it makes me think that the game is huge pile of shit, or those from marketing should be fired on the spot. (both?!).

D:OS's main quotes are also from Gamespot, IGN, GameInformer and Polygon of all magazines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qORwPdHJbM

Nop. First they are all positioned at the end of the trailer, not from the first 2 seconds to tell us omg this awesome without even seeing the trailer. Second there are also other sites listed there, like SJW RPS, OnRPG(one of the worst site on the net), and some other decent sites, along with IGN, Gamespot and PCGAMER(which is actually Consoles Gamer there days).

I dont know if any reasonable gamer does give two shits about any rating from a gaming site anymore(i dont, i just look at them, and wonder why they still exits, oh wait, manboons, yeah...). When your main quotes in the trailer are from the most horrible gaming sites on the net and displayed in the first 10 secs of the trailer, well i know who was your target and what can i expect, but that is the marketing department, these guys are clueless in any big company these days.

norolim

Arcane
Those motherfuckers. My DVD2 is fucked (pressing problem)
Apparently many DVD2s are fucked. They must've pressed it with their asses. I got lucky, all my discs are fine, but when I tried to install the free DLC today, that fucking turd called GOG Galaxy deleted my game files...
:negative:

Rzorrz

Novice
A reminder that on this very site there is a project dedicated to translation of Witcher, pen and paper RPG. You can check for more details here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-witcher-tabletop-rpg.85639/
So far the first 40 pages of the source book have been proof-readed, while the entire translation team managed to churm out 124 pages out of 250.
Every and any help with proof-reading would be nice - the more people will proof-read it, the better the final quality will be.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't think my computer is up to snuff to play this, I'll have to play it on a console like the developers intended :troll:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Nop. First they are all positioned at the end of the trailer, not from the first 2 seconds to tell us omg this awesome without even seeing the trailer. Second there are also other sites listed there, like SJW RPS, OnRPG(one of the worst site on the net), and some other decent sites, along with IGN, Gamespot and PCGAMER(which is actually Consoles Gamer there days).

I dont know if any reasonable gamer does give two shits about any rating from a gaming site anymore(i dont, i just look at them, and wonder why they still exits, oh wait, manboons, yeah...). When your main quotes in the trailer are from the most horrible gaming sites on the net and displayed in the first 10 secs of the trailer, well i know who was your target and what can i expect, but that is the marketing department, these guys are clueless in any big company these days.

I was talking about this trailer (their latest):

(You could say it makes sense to mention console centric magazines for a console release.)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...
Or Fallout 4, or Elder Scrolls 5, or Obsidian's new traditionally published rpg, or any new rpgs from Bioware, or from Piranha Bytes, or from Larian, or other studios that may decide to suddenly develop an rpg for the first time.

Don't act like there won't be news posts about these game or that we won't be talking about them.

How many newsposts about a Bioware or Bethesda game have you seen recently?
Not many, since they haven't actually revealed any info on their games currently in development.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not currently, but there was a ton about DA:I not so long ago. I don't think we even had a newspost about DA:I's release

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Don't think my computer is up to snuff to play this, I'll have to play it on a console like the developers intended :troll:
Remember the days when developers made demos and you could quickly download the demo to see if it would run on your old PC? I miss those days.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Remember the days when developers made demos and you could quickly download the demo to see if it would run on your old PC? I miss those days.

It doesn't work these days anymore.

1) They/you will loose tons of sales, due people noticing that the game is mediocre/shitty
2) People will get enough entertainment from the demo
3) A good demo that returns sales has to put some psychological design to bait the player and it takes some time to make it

But also, sometimes a game is that good that people will buy it. It depends, but big boys dont want to risk it anymore, and they dont want to invest additional time to develop a proper demo.

Due to the large number of games these days, i cant say i blame them. Just think of bundles, -10000$ discounts, 1 gazillion mobile ports that sink your game on steam(if you are indie dev, or medium studio) etc. Its really a satured market at the moment, not satured with good games, but thats another discussion.

10-15 years or so ago, when game magazines came each with a cd with demos, that worked, because each month was something unique and interesting, and they weren't that many titles. These days they are too many developers, and less gamers to sell to. That why shlocky companies like CD Project (and all the rest) start with sex bait trailers, omg graphics and console ports, and epic quotes omg "GAME SPOT 11/11" I would be ashamed to quote them, but i understand their target i guess.

Once you start to make games for consoles, and get a piece of that manboons pie, you are already in that blackwhole and its staring back at you demanding more "awesome marketing and gameplay"...And you comply since those bitches and that Ferrari wont pay themselves.

Licaon_Kter

Augur

naossano

Cipher
Im eagerly waiting for the codex to tear this one apart. One upside to these AAA games is the lack of early access so most of the criticism will be fresh.
God damn kickstarter titles are beaten to death before 1.0 leaving me with stale bloated threads.

I doubt it will be the worst game of the bunch considering the competition in the open-world genre, but it might bring some features/plots points that could lead toward a few steps into decline.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I don't have any major gripes with the game after 30 minutes or so. Combat seems fun, the world is gorgeous and I like the writing. Maybe movement is a bit clunky.

Question: Anyone knows how that automatic recenter can be deactivated while on horseback? I want to look around a bit, free look style but that doesn't seem to work.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The DVD pressing factories aren't what they used to be.

Gicusan

Educated
Guys, I had very low expectations getting in but I am having some fun. There are quite some good quests there I must say. I just had a blast with a quest where I helped a baron to bury its dead-stillborn-turned-into-a-monster child and perform a ritual to put it to rest in order to help Geralt find its runaway mother trough blood ties. I had to calm down the monster constantly with signs during the ritual so it wont kill its father that was carrying it. Not bad.

Yes, the game is guilty in most suspected AAA directions but story has its good parts and it has decent atmosphere. Being a story-fag it has its ups. Not too easy on normal (but I suck at combat in general - I don't care enough about it to learn all its ins and outs), died much more frequent than in all PoE for example as you can meet a lvl 20-30 creature when you are 5 very easy :salute:, graphics are good on my 770 with high settings (not that I care much about that anyway but maybe you guys are interested).

Ohh, and griffins are the new dragons.

Compared to Dragon Age Inquisition, this is much better. I mean I am 10 hours in and that is already 7 times more than I could play DAI. I am unsure if I will finish, but for now it is OK. It is better than Witcher 2 that I never finished.

So it is worth pirating? Yes, go for it. Worth buying? Not sure at 60 coins. I gave 2 beers on it so for that price absolutely. If the story is as good as the first hours it may be worth it.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:updatedmytxt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom