Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 Released

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I found some setting to remove trees/grass and other stuff to gain some speed, but i am not sure i can handle it even after that. He still walk and talk like a moron. (i still can beat the ghouls)
http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=16907&game=The Witcher III&title=Getting A 4 Year Old Low End PC To Run The Witcher 3
You can also set your graphics to 800x600 in the config files in your documents folder. I wish they'd have locked the aspect ratio so I could play at fullscreen without making everything look fat on my widescreen monitor, but if you want to go that route you need to play in a window.
As a side note, screw minimum requirements. I've got tw3 running on my old i7 Intel hd4000 laptop with a measly 4gb of ram. Choppy as hell, but it means I don't have to upgrade to play it.
:dance:

OMG seriusly???? Is it playable?? Coz i m going away for a while and will only have a laptop (about same specs as yours)
Yeah, it's playable. Slow and ugly (not too ugly tho), but playable - talking like 20 FPS or something, I didn't measure it. You need to muck with your settings tho to keep it stable. I think the hardware cursor made me crash a lot. it was that or Vsynch being off.

naossano

Cipher
You can also set your graphics to 800x600 in the config files in your documents folder. I wish they'd have locked the aspect ratio so I could play at fullscreen without making everything look fat on my widescreen monitor, but if you want to go that route you need to play in a window.

Great thanks. I wish i could brofist yet.
It still feels a bit slower than what it should be, but it is definitely playable now.
I really don't mind windowed, especially for solo games, but i surely mind the lags.
I even wonder if i can bring back some setting now.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Why does Witcher 3 think I remember all the story details and choices I made in 2? They should have an option for "Played Witcher 2 but forgot everything."

Thanks,

KevinV12000

Arcane
I cannot believe they changed alchemy to a WoW-style chug potions in mid combat. Good Lord what a mess. Thing is, they dumbed it down so much it is now not a computer game but it's way too cluttered for a console game.

Congrats, CDPR. You found the sweet spot between computer games and video games, where both's audiences are equally repelled.

Massive Steam sale soon!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

What a polished game this is.

The game is quite polished. But the physics engine is a little bit shoddy. Probably because of the optimizations (multi-core stuff!?)

Also in the second video there is a moment when a monster is attacking another monster. I don't see that as a bug.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Strange there's no real talk in the 'dex about this gem. Like it or leave it, it is hands down best storyfaggy game since Planescape: Torment which sets a cornerstone for future RPGs, action adventure games and open-world games alike, with quest design alone.

I had more fun with this than any RPG in like 10 years.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Strange there's no real talk in the 'dex about this gem. Like it or leave it, it is hands down best storyfaggy game since Planescape: Torment which sets a cornerstone for future RPGs, action adventure games and open-world games alike, with quest design alone.

Uh dude I don't know if you noticed but there's this HUEG FUCKING SUBFORUM

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Uh dude, I don't know if you noticed but there's this HUEG FUCKING SUBFORUM

Yeah, but it somehow feels like a ghetto. :D By comparison, it's strange that rather mediocre, by the book, Pillars of Eternity should generate more discussion than this game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Uh dude, I don't know if you noticed but there's this HUEG FUCKING SUBFORUM

Yeah, but it somehow feels like a ghetto. :D By comparison, it's strange that rather mediocre, by the book, Pillars of Eternity should generate more discussion than this game.

Welcome to RPG Codex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe there'll be more when Angthoron finishes his review. Especially if he convinces me to add it to the Steam curator :cool:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Infinitron - Captain of the Pillars Of Eternity Fan Club said:
By comparison, it's strange that rather mediocre, by the book, Pillars of Eternity should generate more discussion than this game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
All I meant to say is that Codexers are obsessed with talking about games that piss them off. Whether they should be pissed off about them is a different matter.

naossano

Cipher
We should also be pissed by the only great game that appear once a two a decade, as it makes all the others even more horribles, as we now the better standard exist.
Without those great games, we would enjoy popamoles and not complain about their poor quality.

Peter_the_Bard

Educated
This got 10/10 on Gamespot. What was the last game to get that rating?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom