Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 Released

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I don't really follow gamespot or ign so that's why I was asking.

I may be mistaken, but I vaguely remember back when the MMO Anarchy Online came out, at release, they gave it a 10/10 (it *might* have been 9/10) and that is when I finally woke up and realised ALL mainstream gaming sites are just complete bullshit. And thankfully I found the codex <3

Strange there's no real talk in the 'dex about this gem. Like it or leave it, it is hands down best storyfaggy game since Planescape: Torment which sets a cornerstone for future RPGs, action adventure games and open-world games alike, with quest design alone.

I had more fun with this than any RPG in like 10 years.
What fucking quest design? You mean follow the fucking witcher sense, press E on red glowing shit, watch cutscene , choose one of two dialogue options?

Writting in most of tw3 quests is pretty great but design is fucking atrocious.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yep, if you could fail those tracking the monsters sections with consequences I would be impressed with the quest design but right now the Witcha detective mode is just a fancy way of doing quest arrows.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

As a side note, screw minimum requirements. I've got tw3 running on my old i7 Intel hd4000 laptop with a measly 4gb of ram. Choppy as hell, but it means I don't have to upgrade to play it.
:dance:
Update:
Eventually I got Novigrad and everything fell apart. Invisible buildings, massive texture clipping, tremendous lag... It was just too much for my aging laptop. Had to take it out back and put a bullet in it.

Runs great on my new desktop gaming rig tho.
:greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom