Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher - A New Saga Begins

Gandalf

Arbiter
Speaking of, imagine CDPR signing up Cavil for the role of a new Witcher character. There is a massive marketing win
Tomek Baginski, CDPR aparatchik in Witcher series production, agreed with removing Cavill from the series, and called replacement "lore accurate".
Cavill seemed to care more about staying true to Witcher lore than Baginski and CDPR.
Never say never, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Cavill and CDPR to collaborate again.

https://screenrant.com/witcher-henry-cavill-liam-hemsworth-replacement-book-accurate/
https://collider.com/the-witcher-multiverse-theory-tomak-baginski-comments/

Nigger last thing he did for them was witcher 3 teaser trailer from 2013 :lol:

I knew a guy who worked with Bagiński.
And he mentioned once that Bagiński unironically thinks that movies like "Transformes" are peak art. Supposedly, it's some kind contrarian reaction caused by dreary depressing Polish cinema.

I know the guy in real life, he's a nerd that is very into 3D animation/movies.

Quillon

Arcane
Yes. He got onboard with the franchise exactly with Witcher 3, so he is likely very much in tune with CDPR's direction. If they sign him on, which seems quite a logical thing to at least try on their part, and they let him bring his ideas to the character, the way they let Keanu do, we can have a rare combination of AAA and quality. All because at least someone worked with passion, and not just for the paycheck.

Also think of all the irony of Cavil being cast as Geralt in a failed TV show, backed by Sapkowski no less, and then hitting it big by orders of magnitude in another CDPR game :lol: Lauren Hissrich (who basically chased him away from the show) will shit herself.

We're down to "they'll make another cinematic/movie like gaym anyway, at least cast a bro as the protag" :dealwithit:

If they are making another Geralt gaym they have no reason to uncast Doug Cockle, could get some ire from fans like David Hayter/Snake sitch but not much cos of Cavill factor. Then again they scraped years of work for Keanu so its almost guaranteed they'd do it if they convince him :P

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We're down to "they'll make another cinematic/movie like gaym anyway, at least cast a bro as the protag" :dealwithit:
I don't seriously believe they are capable of making a game with a custom protagonist. They know that to reach AAA sales numbers they need to be making interactive movies with token RPG elements.

Ryzer

Arcane
I don't seriously believe they are capable of making a game with a custom protagonist. They know that to reach AAA sales numbers they need to be making interactive movies with token RPG elements.
Yeah, so instead we are going to play a fixed dangerhair character.

Improvement!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If they are making another Geralt gaym they have no reason to uncast Doug Cockle,
They do if they make a game about a different Witcher. Who looks and sounds like Cavil. And is a character written for Cavil. It will sell like hotcakes all the same, don't kid yourself.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't seriously believe they are capable of making a game with a custom protagonist.
Will they even try? V from Cyberpunk 2077 was pretty much a pre-made character in everything except gender and face. Even the "history" of the character came down to the same Critical Path™ very quickly.

ropetight

Savant
Speaking of, imagine CDPR signing up Cavil for the role of a new Witcher character. There is a massive marketing win
Tomek Baginski, CDPR aparatchik in Witcher series production, agreed with removing Cavill from the series, and called replacement "lore accurate".
Cavill seemed to care more about staying true to Witcher lore than Baginski and CDPR.
Never say never, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Cavill and CDPR to collaborate again.

https://screenrant.com/witcher-henry-cavill-liam-hemsworth-replacement-book-accurate/
https://collider.com/the-witcher-multiverse-theory-tomak-baginski-comments/

Nigger last thing he did for them was witcher 3 teaser trailer from 2013 :lol:

Don't try to downplay his role and connection to CDPR, he did all the Witcher intros - which were great in their time.
The Witcher (game intro and outro) (2007)
The Witcher 2 (game intro) (2011)
The Witcher 3 (game intro) (2015)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomasz_Bagiński

All the work was done through his company Platige, kind of big player in the CGI cinematics.
Platige also owns the film & TV rights for The Witcher, where he was the executive producer on the series, so he definitely had the say in the matter.
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/61czfo/who_owns_the_rights_of_the_intellectual_property/

There is constant flow of people between two companies.
https://www.foundry.com/insights/film-tv/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-nuke

Frozen

Arcane
Witcher 4 when it comes out (in like 20y) will be woke shit full of bugs.

And CD Potatos will bitch and cry how they had no time to finish it, they had to throw it out after just 15y of development, please understand us (and give us your money).

I will quote this post when it happens to be like "I told you so". Unless I die of old age before this game comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom