Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News The Witcher: Enhanced Edition²

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Monolith, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Monolith Prophet

Monolith
    Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

The Witcher gets enhanced one more time, this time dropping all DRM and copyprotection baggage while adding 5 fan-made adventures. Here's the press release:
    <br>
    <br>
    <blockquote>The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!
    <br>
    <br>
    CD Projekt RED is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5!
    <br>
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is the newest version of the game, including all bonus content from The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and five additional fan-made adventures. Most importantly, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is completely DRM-free! Playing The Witcher will be even more fun without any form of annoying copy protection. Moreover, the 1.5 version of The Witcher will remove the disc check, allowing you to play the game without the DVD in the drive.
    <br>
    <br>
    All available versions of the game will be upgraded to 1.5, including the forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut for North American gamers.
    <br>
    <br>
    As usual the patch containing the additional content will be available to download for free from our website for all registered The Witcher and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition owners!</blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>
    Free for all. As long as you registered your copy of The Witcher.
    <br>
    <br>
    <b>Thanks</b>, larpingdude16.5

^ Top  
  2. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    Hmm, fan made adventures? I wasn't aware they had released dev tools.

^ Top  
  3. Monocause Arcane

Monocause
    They did. It's called "D'jinni" or something, and IIRC it is a part of the first enhanced edition.

^ Top  
  4. Hümmelgümpf Arbiter

Hümmelgümpf
    At least they aren't giving it another boxed release. But seriously, giving a name to a package including a DRM-removing patch and some amateurish shit? I don't recall Blizzard hyping their CD-check removing patches.

^ Top  
  5. Talby Arcane Patron

Talby
    Codex USB, 2014
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition: Enhanced Edition.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. jagged-jimmy Prophet

jagged-jimmy
    Codex 2012
    There is no cd check anyway, i can play without the DVD since the very first EE (no crack or whatnot).

^ Top  
  7. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Hey at least they *do* patch their game. There are enough companies out there who just release and forget about it, or charge money for DLC with 5 minutes worth of gameplay in it.

^ Top  
  8. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Well, it's version 1.4 now so...

Some versions still have the check.

^ Top  
  9. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    I don't know if it's wise of them to squander the resources now, but hey, I won't complain. And first EE is already free of DRM, at least here in Poland - no cd-check and I didn't even had to reinstall after reinstalling the whole system, merely to recreate a record in the registry detailing the language version.

As for them hyping their EEs to high heavens - why complain? It's not as if codexians are susceptible to hype and it helps CDPR sell their products. Also, unlike certain companies *cough*Bethesduh*cough*, they are basically telling the truth, rather than weaving their PRspeak out of lies.

^ Top  
  10. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Street Fighter 2 turbo mega ex remix now you can play with the bosses edition

^ Top  
  11. Letum Fol Novice

Letum Fol
    Um, they're basically just announcing a new patch. Patch 1.5. And they get a little hype leeway since they are also giving away 5 fan-made adventures. Sounds good to me.

Although, can't get you just get them online. Never looked for Witcher mods.

^ Top  
  12. Hümmelgümpf Arbiter

Hümmelgümpf
    1. These mods are almost guaranteed to suck.
    2. You can download them anyway.

^ Top  
  13. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Console version got canceled.

^ Top  
  14. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    PERFECT RAECHES GODLIEK

^ Top  
  15. Fat Dragon Arbiter

Fat Dragon
    What does it say about the state of gaming when people start praising developers for doing something they should be damn well expected to do in the first place?

^ Top  
  16. Herbert West Arbiter

Herbert West
    Why is that? This is a simple patch #1.5 for Twitcher EE.

^ Top  
  17. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    You can say what you want, but CDP knows how to make me buy their games.

^ Top  
  18. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    It isn't just a simple patch - it's a free Enhanced Edition 1.5. Just how many developers release their patches for free?

^ Top  
  19. M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E Scholar

M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E
    Just how many invest this much into patches? Bioware with NWN, Valve with TF2 and the meet the cast shorts, and who else?

^ Top  
  20. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Blizzard.

^ Top  
  21. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    By "this much" you probably mean throwing money into the hype of a simple patch that fixes bugs and completely fails to fix the content that should've been there from the beginning like the translation where they basically switched a few words (and only because they were planning this for a console release anyway) and it is still a failure? Guess no one. Other guys in mainstream have more dignity.

^ Top  
  22. Squirly Educated

Squirly
    RPG Codex are a bunch of whiny bitches.

They're still patching the game, unlike some developers like.. oh... say... beth and bioware. They're getting rid of the DRM, something few enough devs do even years after a games release.

How can you complain about something like this? How?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.