Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher: Enhanced Edition²

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What? Bethesda's and Bioware's games are playable right out of the box. The only buggy game was Failure 3. And OMG Beth patched it. Can you fucking believe it?

Nope, can't believe it. You continue to lie like a liar.

http://www.baldurdash.org/

http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.ph ... vion_Patch

Would it be safe now to say you've just been owned? Over 1600 bugs after the final patch for Oblivion. Yeah, the few bugs were fixed alright.

And by a lot of hardware you mean?

Dunno, do a search on the Bioware forums for the problem with the invisible main menu which makes the game unplayable unless you want to blindly look for the start game button.

And I'm too lazy to search for the fan-made fixes for NWN1 too.

DefJam101

Arcane
bozia2012 said:
I guess DU and skyway had the wrong crack.

burn.jpg

skyway

Educated
GlobalExplorer said:
CDP are obviously doing this to stay in the news.

Polish fanboy club: Yay. CDP, you are awesome. Can I suck your cock next?!?

skyway: I expect a mostly bugfree game at release. Retards.

God, the Codex declines as fast as ever.

Durwyn

Prophet
OMFG not this again.

TW is CDPRs first game. It's pretty normal that they try to hype it up as much as it is possible. They made patches - good. They hype the patches - okay. If you are a fully grown up homo sapiens you'll appreciate the patch for what it fixes and adds to the game and don't mind the hype. If you're retarded you'll either get the hype and see the enchanced edition as a second coming of christ, or whine about it like several ppl here do.

Plus TW was completly playable out of the box for me. Yep, it had performance issues and long loading times but I never encountered a game breaking bug or CTDs.

[TW fanboi]
Give them some fucking cred, it's their first game.
[/TW fanboi]

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
What? Instead of calling their re-release Game of the Year edition they call it Enhanced Edition?

MUST COMPLAIN TO INTERNET

denizsi

Arcane
The only hype I see here is the anti-hype storm some morons make over a single news post. If and when we get a news bombardment over how this re-re-release is so awesome it's gotta be the best game for the next 5 years, anti-hypitis can be justified.

One thing truely silly about this whole business is calling the new NA release "Director's Cut" and still censoring the game:

CD Projekt RED is to release The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut for North America, the studio slyly revealed in an announcement concerning an upcoming patch.

The North American release of the action RPG was touched by the censor's hand, de-goring combat, covering up female anatomy and making conversation politer. The "Director's Cut" tag would suggest a reversal but RED is playing it coy for now, with marketing vice president Tom Ohle saying only "you might be able to guess what it is."

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59013

Being a NA publisher must feel like a caretaker for special children.

What? Bethesda's and Bioware's games are playable right out of the box. The only buggy game was Failure 3. And OMG Beth patched it. Can you fucking believe it? KotOR1, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and even goddamn Oblivion are playable and perfectly completable with 1.0. TW 1.0 is a buggy unplayable mess.

I played and finished unpatched Fallout 3 without the slightest problem whatsoever, so what does that make you, the biggest retard?

PCs aren't consoles, with a homogenized performance and compatibility. For every game that plays like silk sliding down an underage's legs on your system, legions of people elsewhere experience absolute shitstorms of technical failure and for every game that's the most unoptimized piece of shit you've ever played, thousands other have the most smooth gaming experience they've ever seen. So stop being an idiotic fanboi/antifanboi at least on this front.

Additionally, if you have to complain about TW releases, let's not forget all the shit for other games. Oblivion, Oblivion GOTY and another upcoming Oblivion GOTY+ to include some further shit? The same for F3. The same for Mass Effect and basically anything else with mods. Additionally, I don't see any one single other developer even fixing issues of localization, much less re-release it with the fixes.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oblivion, Oblivion GOTY and another upcoming Oblivion GOTY+ to include some further shit? The same for F3. The same for Mass Effect and basically anything else with mods.

Doesn't matter. Only CDP sucks, because it's shit.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut

:lol:

FeelTheRads said:
Would it be safe now to say you've just been owned? Over 1600 bugs after the final patch for Oblivion. Yeah, the few bugs were fixed alright.
http://www.baldurdash.org/TESOblivion/UOPFixList.html
Did you read it?
My god what gamebreaking bugs are there - stone is flying 1mm over earth, a gap between walls, "ownership" of stables by someone that doesn't affect this shitty game at all and so on. Holy shit that like totally ruined Oblivion and it didn't sell because of how bugged it was like VtmB, Arcanum, Battlecruiser etc.
Still I didn't see Bethesda hyping their patches. Especially when someone like CDP lies that they've fixed english translation. Then again TW's writing is such a juvenile crap that maybe they did "fix" the translation.
"Best reaches perfection" duh

Ausir

Arcane
Still I didn't see Bethesda hyping their patches.

But they're releasing non-patches for FO3 that only add achievements and make the game unplayable with mods, so people are actually finding ways to downgrade it to older version.

Especially when someone like CDP lies that they've fixed english translation.

AFAIK, they simply reverted to the original translation before Atari cut it down. Which also resulted in some minor changes that didn't make much sense (as they didn't change anything in a meaningful way), because it was Atari that changed some of it in the first place.

Risine

Liturgist
Free content and patches? Sure they are free if you already have the first version
I ... just ... don't see what I can answer to that...

but by releasing the same game every year on full price and thus keeping it out of the bargain bin,
You know, you can just get The Witcher first edition in the bargain bin...and update to the EE ... FOR FREE !!!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah? During the patch-o-hype campaign it sounded like we are getting a reworked translation that is done right. Not many similarities to "hey guys, we just thought, oh fuck it we will give you the same crap only from another perspective"

Also I hope you don't say that we should blame Atari for crappy translation. Yeah I understand that evil Atari forced poor CDP to let them translate the game by holding knife to their neck so innocent CDP who absolutely positively didn't know about Atari's rep can't be blamed.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
MetalCraze said:
What? Bethesda's and Bioware's games are playable right out of the box. The only buggy game was Failure 3. And OMG Beth patched it. Can you fucking believe it? KotOR1, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and even goddamn Oblivion are playable and perfectly completable with 1.0.
playable for you maybe, but for many there were not playable

as with TW it's the same story, it was playable for many ( i could play it on WinXP/Vista/7/2008 and WINE without ever crashing ), yet it still does not work for some ( Vista users mostly ), that's why we set up this FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and we give a helping hand at the forums
do complain there where the ones involved can hear your voice

Ausir

Arcane
Yes but did they patch it for free?

Yeah, they released a patch that doesn't fix anything, adds new achievements and makes the game unplayable with mods. People had to find a way to *downgrade* it. Anyone comparing Fallout 3 to The Witcher in a positive way as far as patching is concerned is just retarded.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Why is everyone bashing the translation? Sure the english isn't perfect and made me wonder if some phrases really exist in English (reminding me more of my superior german mother language which I know has often similarities in phrasing with polish/russian), but at least for a non-native speaker I found it very good (which is often not the case with other games especially russian ones)

Monolith

Prophet
Ausir said:
AFAIK, they simply reverted to the original translation before Atari cut it down. Which also resulted in some minor changes that didn't make much sense (as they didn't change anything in a meaningful way), because it was Atari that changed some of it in the first place.
Not quite correct. From the interview with Michal:
"The English one, which we shortened (not the publisher) due to a streak of bad luck, [...]. In case of the English version it was our own fault, we let ourself be convinced that English-speaking gamers prefer more concise dialogs, which lead to us shortening it"

"Also painful were the cut and shortened English dialogues - something that was advised by „experts" of the western markets, but which was an absolute mistake and, since it was done in a hurry, resulted in illogical and inconsistent dialogues, but above else hurt the atmosphere."

Squirly

Educated
Replaying Mass Effect at the moment. Stop.

Stuck because lift won't move. Stop.

Reloaded. Stop.

Got a bit further. Stop.

Stuck because dialog won't initiate and am stuck with shitty dialog wheel with no text in it. Stop.

Checked for patch. Stop.

Last update... 1.01a. Stop.

Fuck Bioware. Stop.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Free content and patches? Sure they are free if you already have the first version

Missed this piece of retardation before.

What the fuck would you do with the patch if you don't have the first version, may I ask?
Or do you expect them to give the game away for free to everybody?

My god what gamebreaking bugs are there - stone is flying 1mm over earth, a gap between walls, "ownership" of stables by someone that doesn't affect this shitty game at all and so on. Holy shit that like totally ruined Oblivion and it didn't sell because of how bugged it was like VtmB, Arcanum, Battlecruiser etc.

Yes their game is so fucking buggy that they still continue to patch it whereas some developers quickly fixed a few bugs that were there.

You weren't talking about gamebreaking bugs. And don't try to flip-flop now and say that's actually what you meant since you said "some developers quickly fixed a few bugs that were there." which would imply they had gamebreaking bugs only they fixed them.

So, I have proved you that they didn't fix all the bugs and that there weren't only a few. Now I'm not saying CDP fixed or will fix all the bugs, I'm pretty sure they won't, but I did have to call you on the lies you were spouting.

Also, as other people already here stated, The Witcher was completable at version 1.0. So, I guess that makes you a liar again?

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
Did you read it?
Did you?

* Fixed freezing for several seconds or occasionally crashing to desktop when the player levels up (due to bad .INI setting introduced with the v1.2x patch; the self-installing UOP will correct this setting at install time)
* Fixed a rare bug that would cause the game to crash after Hieronymus Lex finished searching for Llathasa's Bust in the cupboard
* The Dark Guardian should no longer leave the Cheydinhal Dark Brotherhood sanctuary as was unable to get back in, and if killed outside would respawn outside for the remainder of the game (as well, its attempts to go back in through the well have been occasionally reported to crash the game)
* Quest conflict between An Unexpected Voyage and The Elven Maiden quests will no longer crash the game to desktop (updated to prevent one quest from never starting)
* Equipping the better bows in the game (ie Glass and Daedric) will no longer crash the game to desktop for a small percentage of players.

FeelTheRads said:
Missed this piece of retardation before.

What the fuck would you do with the patch if you don't have the first version, may I ask?
Or do you expect them to give the game away for free to everybody?

That seems to have been the crux of his argument from the start. It's kind of cute when he goes off on one of these rants, you can see him frothing at the mouth and slamming the keyboard while churning out whatever non-sequitur laden mess he's decided to grace with us today.

I'll admit I did really roll my eyes at this announcement, though.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
ITT we recycle other people's arguments back at them.

Ausir said:
Yeah, they released a patch that doesn't fix anything, adds new achievements and makes the game unplayable with mods. People had to find a way to *downgrade* it.
What, they add NEW CONTENT they didn't have to and you just bitch and whine at them for it? Give them some fucking cred, it's their first Fallout game. These are developers going out of their way making bonus stuff they didn't have to make, for free, and you're just hatin'.

Patched game : checked
free : checked
free added content : checked

What's wrong with that !!!!

You don't have to download the patch if you don't want it.

Ausir said:
Anyone comparing Fallout 3 to The Witcher in a positive way as far as patching is concerned is just retarded.
Did Bethesda tech-support recommend they re-install their operating system to resolve a known bug? You know, like CD Projekt did for The Witcher?

Squirly said:
Replaying Mass Effect at the moment. Stop.

Stuck because lift won't move. Stop.

Reloaded. Stop.

Got a bit further. Stop.

Stuck because dialog won't initiate and am stuck with shitty dialog wheel with no text in it. Stop.

Checked for patch. Stop.

Last update... 1.01a. Stop.

Fuck Bioware. Stop.
Wut!? It was mostly playable out of the box and absolutely playable after the first patch. In actual fact, I still have to encounter one single bug - and haven't done so even during my first playthrough with the unpatched version. I have no problems with the game ergo the game is fine and bug-free and you're just a whiner / liar / similar adjective.

Squirly

Educated
Mostly playable. That's a good one.

If you haven't encountered a single bug I guess you're lucky. Or maybe I'm unlucky. All I know is that I had to End Task twice in 20 minutes because the game got stuck in such a way that I couldn't even get into the main menu.

Then there's Feros (or that planet where you meet the Tasari) which (both in the pirated version I played first and the original I'm playing now) is covered in huge black patches.

I'm sorry, but one single patch for a huge and extensive RPG does not compute. RPGs and bugs are almost mutually inclusive - it's just the nature of the beast and Mass Effect is no different.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom