Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher: Monster Slayer - augmented reality mobile RPG

Naraya

Arcane
https://thewitchermonsterslayer.com

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spokko.witchermonsterslayer
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1509704647

Being a part of the CD PROJEKT family, the Spokko studio announces The Witcher: Monster Slayer - an augmented reality role-playing game set in the Witcher world. The title will be released in a free-to-play model on iOS and Android.

The action The Witcher: Monster Slayer takes place a few hundred years before the events from the Witcher game series. On the lands of the Continent, there are bloodthirsty beasts sowing terror and destruction. The players play the role of professional monster killers and - thanks to augmented reality - face the danger that lurks at every turn. The Spokko studio is responsible for the game.

See the trailer of The Witcher: Monster Slayer

The backbone of the Monster Slayer game is the exploration of the world, tracking, analysing and fighting with realistic-sized monsters - both the familiar ones and the completely new ones. For every hunt, players will have to prepare themselves by brewing powerful witch potions and oils, creating firecrackers and monster lures, and developing the skills of their witch. The weather and time of day, updated on the basis of the current location, will also play an important role in the fight. Numerous role-playing tasks, inspired by games about the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, also await players.

The Witcher: Monster Slayer will be released on iOS and Android; the exact release dates for both versions will be announced later this year. More information can be found on the official website as well as on Facebook and Twitter of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm hyped. Hunting monsters while walking my dog.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Worth a shot when you have extra money like they have to buy some mobile studio and see if it can make a moneymaker

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hope the monster coming out of the phone and attacking you IRL actually gets implemented, so that people who play this kind of time-wasting games might get killed and leave us alone.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I hope the monster coming out of the phone and attacking you IRL actually gets implemented, so that people who play this kind of time-wasting games might get killed and leave us alone.

That is unrealistic.

Make the monsters only appear near cliffs, at top of the Everest, in the middle of lakes, etc.

And just wait.

Duralux for Durabux

"CD PrOjEkT iS NoT EA AnD AcTiViSiTiOn"
"ThEy ThInK AbOuT GaMeRS first"
"YoU CaN'T CoMpArE CDPR wItH EA"

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Wow, CDProjekt is going all-out with the spinoffs. Perhaps they'll contact Larian or Owlcat to make a Witcher RPG next.

Zyondyne

Learned
I'm pretty sure that if any other reputable game company would have done such a game, the video balance of likes/dislikes would have looked very different.

Besides, why would you reveal a game encouraging travelling in as many locations as possible in the middle of a pandemic?

Nyx

Novice
I'm hyped. Hunting monsters while walking my dog.
I think the dogs like it, they get to sniff in new places when you go outside of your regular trails when you hunt down stuff. Like one of my friends did that when the pokémon go thing got big and her dog must have gotten a lot of mileage out of that.
Aren't all games time-wasting?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Aren't all games time-wasting?
You got me. There's absolutely no difference between, let's say, Arcanum and the Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery mobile game, whose only purpose is to trick young kids into spending real money to buy virtual currency that lets them skip artificial "idle times".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom