Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Witcher Peek @ RPGVault

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

RPG Vault has just released the <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/583/583250p1.html>10th edition</a> of their mini featuretttes of CD Projekt's upcoming fantasy themed RPG, The Witcher based on the dark fantasy novels by Polish novelist <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrzej_Sapkowski>Andrzej Sapkowski</a>. This week features End-Time Prophecies featured in the title.
<br>
<blockquote><i>Heed my words for there comes the age of the sword and the axe, the age of wolven storm.
<br>
<br>
There comes the Time of White Cold and White Light, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt, Tedd Deireádh, the Time of Ending. And the world will die in frost, but be reborn together with the new sun.
<br>
<br>
It will be reborn from the Olden Blood, Hen Ichaer, the sown seed. The seed that will not sprout, but rather burst in flame.
<br>
<br>
Ess'tuath esse! So it will come to pass! Look for the signs! And I shall tell you what those signs are - first will the earth be bathed in blood of Aen Seidhe, Elven Blood...</i>
<br>
<br>
Beautiful, isn't it? Makes you feel colder right away... But it would end with words, had it not been for events that happened not so long ago. You're young, but you must remember something from the times of the last war. And what were those times, if not the very Time of Contempt? How else could you name the universal hate to everything different, everything alien? This contempt is the very basis of our world now, but - bet you my lute - it will not manage to rest upon it very long. The spilled Elven Blood is rocking it too strongly... </blockquote>
<br>
It sounds <a href=http://www.junkscience.com>reminiscent</a> of all the recent abrupt climate change scares made by the epidemiologists of today's <a href=http://news.bbc.co.uk>modern media</a>. Morons that they are.

Fez

Erudite
<Amusing flip-flop related comment goes here>

Fez

Erudite
Exitium said:
I don't get it. When have I said anything bad about Witcher?

You don't need to have said anything, there only needs to be the possibility you will in the near future. The flip-flop hangs over you like the Sword of Damocles.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah. Ex has been pretty positive about The Witcher sof ar; but that will change most assuredly eventually. His opinion almost always does.

Reklar

Liturgist
Is this the cRPG made with the Aurora engine from BioWare? The background text certainly sounds interesting, but I'm concerned about the engine problems I read about from NWN's release. I keep forgetting to look-up the website from home and it's blocked at work. :?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Fez

Erudite
If by "engine problems" you mean bugs, then I'd not expect any problems from that end considering the age of the engine and the number of fixes it has received. Plenty time for them to include them. They are promising a a big rework of it though, so they'll have ample opportunity to introduce a whole slew of bugs of their very own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom