Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher: Tour of Vizima video

Starwars

Arcane
The environments look very impressive and extremely atmospheric.

One worry of mine is that it seems this game have the potential to run like shit on my computer. Hopefully it's decently optimized.

Geralts voice is "uber tough guy", but if the writing is sharp (another huge worry of mine) then it could be amusing.

Will definetely try the game out, though I don't think it will be for me in the end. Hopefully it will surprise me.

Rina

Scholar
Looks good. But it's sad that they had to ruin the game by making the main character a pregenerated penismonkey.

Marsal

Arcane
Rina said:
Looks good. But it's sad that they had to ruin the game by making the main character a pregenerated penismonkey.

He does have long hair :wink:

Fyz

Scholar
Listening to how Geralt describes the townsfolk and the NPCs , they seem to always have an evil/selfish/etc side you'll eventualy discover reminds me a lot of the manga Berserk.
I hope all the details Geralt talks about really show themselves in the game, and i won't have to 'roleplay' them.

Its nice to see a dark fantasy themed rpg for a change, i was getting really tired of all those fairy-tale games.
drug-stores ultrasound-technician law-firms office-manager stateof banking-commission training-insurance talent-agencies Valtrex dermatologist veterns pet-classifieds retailers catholic-churches Soma sonography zip-code points-of-interest insurance-progressive meds group-home yorkie-breeders home-inspector HeartBurn-Relief passport-application equine cost-of-living Ultram legal-secretary home-care cable-companies map-of-counties passport-office landlord-laws criminal-lawyer driving-maps assistants farmer-insurance commercial-lighting-insurance real-estate

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
JrK said:
Wasn't that Garret's voice?

Garrett from Thief?

I will buy -any- game that has the voice actor of Garrett in it, Stephen Russell (spelling?). He is the best male voice actor I know and with a voice to fall in love with.

So is it Stephen? I tried googling it but couldn't find out who did the VA. And I can't watch the video for some reason.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dunno, looks like Gothic 2 to me. I don't care about graphics much, as long as the game has animations. I am concerned though- this won't run on my Radeon 9600 SE, will it?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
SmileySuicide.gif

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Let's lynch an elf!

On another note, I bet there are a ton of "kill this boss monster" sidequests, ala FFXII, as that is what Geralt does for a living.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Wow, the video was awesome. I literally can't wait to play it and make a blowjobby thread about it here.

Gwendo

Augur
Spacemoose said:
I wonder if he's going to make these narrative observations in the game or is it just for this video?

It's just for the video. Any further comments will have to be LARPed by the player.

dragonfk

Erudite
Jasede said:
Dunno, looks like Gothic 2 to me. I don't care about graphics much, as long as the game has animations. I am concerned though- this won't run on my Radeon 9600 SE, will it?

Rly Jasede, you should try more to be nextgen...

made

Arcane
Is it just me, or do the NPCs look a bit out of place on the background scenery? Can't put my finger on it, but it looks kind of odd... maybe it's the shadows/lighting.

denizsi

Arcane
Garrett from Thief?

No.

I am concerned though- this won't run on my Radeon 9600 SE, will it?

The washed out look of textures might have deceived me, but the graphics remind me of Morrowind, with the exception of higher poly-count for characters.

Morbus

Scholar
denizsi said:
I am concerned though- this won't run on my Radeon 9600 SE, will it?

The washed out look of textures might have deceived me, but the graphics remind me of Morrowind, with the exception of higher poly-count for characters.
Learn some driver magic and you can do wonders in game graphical quality... ;)

Saxon1974

Prophet
You can't really tell anything about how the game will play from the video's, its looks pretty and detailed but thats about it from what I can see.

I have hopes this game will be good, but gonna wait for codex reviews before purchasing.

I personally think the voice is a bit over the top cheesy tough guy sounding. What is with the halfing? He looks like a little girl to me and the part of him using a slingshot against that beast seems dumb.

Anyway, can't say that video did much for me.

DemonKing

Arcane
I liked the little kid at the end aiming at the big squid with his little slingshot...how cute.

Looks ok, although I'm always pretty worried about the quality control of stuff developed in eastern europe!

Saxon1974

Prophet
DemonKing said:
I liked the little kid at the end aiming at the big squid with his little slingshot...how cute.

Looks ok, although I'm always pretty worried about the quality control of stuff developed in eastern europe!

I agree, it has not been the best in the past.

Also seems odd to me that the Dev's didnt think the halfling with the slingshot was kind of dumb, unless its intended as comedy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom