Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher - X360 and PS3 version leak

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

We knew that CD Projekt Red Studio is looking for X360 and PS3 programmers, but there was no confirmation on whether they'll be working on porting <a href=http://www.thewitcher.com>The Witcher</a> or some other project. As the Gry-Online Polish gaming site reports, Tomasz Jonarski, a <a href=http://www.cdprojekt.com>CD Projekt</a> employee, mentioned that he's <i>working on technology for porting The Witcher to next generation consoles: Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3</i> at <a href=http://www.goldenline.pl/tomasz-jonarski>GoldenLine</a>, a social networking website.
<br>
<br>
After the Gry-Online newspost, Jonarski's page at GoldenLine was deleted.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=39553">Gry-Online</A>

Madman

Novice
and łukasz mach immidiately said that nothing is confirmed yet.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Fine with me. They'll make some well deserved cash and maybe establish a different kind of RPG in the console market than jrpg and oblivion, duh.
I suspect their next project will be multiplatform from the start. We should just hope that CDPR will not "streamline" it.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Yeah not a surprise.

Herbert West said:
Fine with me. They'll make some well deserved cash and maybe establish a different kind of RPG in the console market than jrpg and oblivion, duh.
I suspect their next project will be multiplatform from the start. We should just hope that CDPR will not "streamline" it.

There is not one single case ever where a company has gone multiplatform and the PC gamers have benefitted from it. Pray that these versions tank badly.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
While I'll be saving up money for a better PC, to run teh uber cool enhanced edition of The Witcher for the PC, I wouldn't mind seeing a console port of the game. The only problem is whether or not they'll dumb it down for those retard babies who play the 360, and whether or not the PS3 crowed...well they'll just look at it as a poorly ported game, and play there Final fantasies, and Disgaea's to not give two shits.

Lukas CDPr

Novice
Madman said:

Exactly:) Indeed, there's no confirmation for that news right now. Yes, it's true that we hired few "console" programmers. Yes it's true that we have many ideas regarding console markets. But that absolutely doesn't mean that we can officially confirm this news.

Right now we're checking console market and trying to catch its "feeling" but we really have nothing confirmed about Witcher conversion for consoles.

All official info is always on www.thewitcher.com - if it's not there, IT DOESN'T EXIST:):):)

cheers,

Lukasz Mach, CDP RED

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Lukas CDPr said:
Madman said:

Exactly:) Indeed, there's no confirmation for that news right now. Yes, it's true that we hired few "console" programmers. Yes it's true that we have many ideas regarding console markets. But that absolutely doesn't mean that we can officially confirm this news.

Right now we're checking console market and trying to catch its "feeling" but we really have nothing confirmed about Witcher conversion for consoles.

All official info is always on www.thewitcher.com - if it's not there, IT DOESN'T EXIST:):):)

cheers,

Lukasz Mach, CDP RED
You are too late Łukasz, I saw this info on gamefaqs and other sites - the console kiddies already know. Your only option is to make it... no buts...

I take it they'll be getting the Enhanced Edition?

In any case, eh. It looks like it'd work reasonably well on a console, with minimal changes, and will certainly benefit CDP; I'm happy with this as long as the potential sequel doesn't suffer for it.

aries202

Erudite
Actually, I think The Witcher could make for a great console port. The combat in particular seems to be able to be ported to consoles pretty well, not at least with the 3 different combat modes. Perfect for the a,b, and c, buttons on the Xbox 360 controller.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Herbert West said:

My thoughts exactly.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.

May it guide you on your future projects. ;)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I would just like to point out that PS3 and Xbox360 are not next-gen consoles anymore, they are the current generation. The next generation won't be out for many years.

The "next-gen" buzzword has to die!

Fez

Erudite
There is no such thing as current generation in the marketing world any more. It goes straight from being next-gen to old and horribly outdated when the new model comes out.

Julio

Scholar
I'm the new, I'm the new,
I'm the new new model
Better in the head
And in bed
At the office...
I can suck it aaand smile.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Spectacle said:
I would just like to point out that PS3 and Xbox360 are not next-gen consoles anymore, they are the current generation. The next generation won't be out for many years.

The "next-gen" buzzword has to die!

You're so 1990s.... :P

There is not one single case ever where a company has gone multiplatform and the PC gamers have benefitted from it.

For argument's sake, the Hitman games actually got better going multiplatform. The first was a clunky, but decently fun shooter, the second was a very nice stealthy romp, the "third" was a pretty obvious cash in on "remaking" the first, and Blood Money was pretty strong, almost better than Silent Assassin even.

Texas Red

Whiner
Edward_R_Murrow said:
There is not one single case ever where a company has gone multiplatform and the PC gamers have benefitted from it.

For argument's sake, the Hitman games actually got better going multiplatform. The first was a clunky, but decently fun shooter, the second was a very nice stealthy romp, the "third" was a pretty obvious cash in on "remaking" the first, and Blood Money was pretty strong, almost better than Silent Assassin even.

The improvement would occur regardless if went multi or not, no? Seems more like zero effect than negative effect.

Hory

Erudite
Lukas CDPr said:
perversionpauk3.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom