Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thea: The Awakening

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys! quick question. I'm playing as Veles, first time player, and wondering when you're supposed to do the main quest? For example, I did the 'divine quest' part but was
unable to break the curse of the university board members. It was 3 skulls and I'm very early in the game. The next part of the quest sent me to The Oracle and the challenge there was 4 skulls, impossible.
Am i supposed to fail these parts? Or am I supposed to generally do the main quest later in the game when i'm more prepared? Just curious, thanks! <3

Leonard

Educated
Typically you can beat the game after doing the oracle challenge, so it's more of a mid-late game thing. Both divine quest and the main quest should be doable by the time you get the 'full party' (12 characters, it's the limit on the highest difficulties), so that's a good time to do hardest parts of the main/divine quest.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Typically you can beat the game after doing the oracle challenge, so it's more of a mid-late game thing. Both divine quest and the main quest should be doable by the time you get the 'full party' (12 characters, it's the limit on the highest difficulties), so that's a good time to do hardest parts of the main/divine quest.

should i attempt the oracle challenge early just to try it? there's no indicator of how tough it's going to be before i go. will i have multiple attempts at it if i fail? no spoilers, please.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
so i've been playing this lately. having a lot of fun! very good game imo. Plenty of things to craft and build, some pretty great exploration, interesting RPG mechanics & a unique card battle system that really is a lot of fun. The game is pretty chill but can also be tense at times when you're in the thick of a tough battle or trying to survive on the overworld with lots of deadly critters around. Also has a really beautiful story with charming, unique and storybook-like lore. I'd say give this one a go if you're interested in any of the factors i mentioned, because i didn't know what to expect but so far i'm really having a blast with it. Cheers! <3 :)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
So Thea is a ton of fun and I'm having a blast but I am also getting romped. I lost FIVE bodies last session, and three more the next run. Maybe I was pushing too far without having a full squad of 12 (I only had 9 at one point, now 6). Whatever it is, this game is rough. Still having huge fun playing it, I mean it's really good, but it's also quite HARD and unpredictable. Very enjoyable game but beware, heh. :) Cheers! <3

Replicante

Educated
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom