Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

These kids today and their top-ten lists...

In my eyes this top ten is
rating_prestigious.png

Top 10s of all time are always Top 10s of "Games I played".

The truth is...nobody can play every RPG ever made to choose the top 10 best ones, so in the end only popular games appear in a "top best RPGs" lists(baldur's gate, fallout and ect...).

This is valid for every "top best" lists.

How many of you have played and beat more than 30 RPGs ?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Ah, to be so young, clueless and inexperienced that you actually believe you know what are the 10 best of any category.

Ah, to be so young, clueless and inexperienced that you actually believe you know what are the 10 best of any category.

Top 10 is subjective.

There's roguelikes fans who only like roguelikes games.
There's blobbers fans who doens't give a shit about Fallout or Planetescape, and vice versa.

Personal opinion is the only thing that matters.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'd say it rather tells more about to whom they're appealing than about author himself. He squeezed two games from early 200x after all. But it still worthless and random list beyond any reason.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Any top 10 list that includes Pillars is instantly invalidated.

The whole thing was a troll job anyway maybe three or 4 of the games are good, not top 10 material. Shadowrun,Wiz 8,KoTor and maybe DoS2 (hey it was fun).

They rest was just big toilet flushing sound.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

The truth is...nobody can play every RPG ever made to choose the top 10 best ones, so in the end only popular games appear in a "top best RPGs" lists(baldur's gate, fallout and ect...).

This is valid for every "top best" lists.

How many of you have played and beat more than 30 RPGs ?

Probably the monocled ones like octavius, fowyr or mondblut, but beated I don't know. I completed 20 something RPGs I believe.

Anyway, I dislike top 10s just because what you said, at least if the author played all the best games of each year (it's not necessary to play all the games in existence obviously) I would accept it as a reader, but authors are very much clickbaiting if they are saying "of all time". In the end Top 10s exist because is a lazy way to make a list to play/watch for beginners, and everyone like to see those for circlejerking reasons or complain in the comments.

In the end Top 10s exist because is a lazy way to make a list to play/watch for beginners, and everyone like to see those for circlejerking reasons or complain in the comments.

Yeah, top 10s are easy views, easy money. You don't even need to play the games, just pretend you did and put some random acclaimed games.

But i can't judge them, everyone needs to pay their bills.

Cat Dude

Savant

The whole thing was a troll job anyway maybe three or 4 of the games are good, not top 10 material. Shadowrun,Wiz 8,KoTor and maybe DoS2 (hey it was fun).

Western turn based rpg is a rare type anyway so it is hard to argue with the list unless it is about top 10 turn based Jrpg.

curds

Magister
Huge lol at number one being KotOR, it's like the writer couldn't even come up with enough turn based games to fill the list.

Indeed. The list should be "the nine turn based RPGs I have actually played, plus KotOR because I like it".

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't think that list is that bad, honestly. Yes it is bias toward post-2000 but seeing Wizardry is neat. As much as I love Fallout its combat is not the highlight, so I'm not even that butthurt about it not being there.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Western turn based rpg is a rare type anyway so it is hard to argue with the list unless it is about top 10 turn based Jrpg.

I can list 10 made in the last 10 years alone, and over 100 if we go back into the 00s, 90s, and 80s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom