Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

RTS They Are Billions - steampunk/zombie RTS from Lords of Xulima dev

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by LESS T_T, May 31, 2017.

1. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Features of the campaign, updates: https://steamcommunity.com/games/644930/announcements/detail/1813167203023788148

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Not sure how I feel about this. I'm having trouble as it is, without having big holes in my defenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Agree, I find this entirely retarded.
    Age Of Empires 3 had the same bullshit that you couldn't build gated walls on top of railway tracks. And for no reason, really.
    Just make a gate, ffs, it's not that hard to come up with that idea. And make it have less health than typical walls so it will still be the most vulnerable spot. But having guaranteed open gaps in your defenses is just a big no-no in a game all about turtling.
    Don't think I'll play this campaign if that is not changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. you know what time it is Arcane

you know what time it is
    I'd imagine the amount of infected and other stuff would be different from pure survival.

^ Top  
  5. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Still, it's just bullshit. There is no logical reason there couldn't be a gated wall on top of a railway track.
    I'm also extra salty about this because AoE3 fucked up walls so badly with this (and with the fact that everyone could shoot straight through walls lol)... I love walls in my RTS games and I hate when they aren't done properly.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I also love my walls :(

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Hehe, but think about it. They live in this zombie infested world, and still haven't figured out how to build a gate for trains. No wonder there is only one city left standing.

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  8. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 7
    • Funny x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. The Wall Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

The Wall
    Yeah, the one that has me as a ruler, Emperor De Wall. Empress De Gate and me make a nice couple and ensure safe future for humanity!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Interesting. But what could it actually be, except putting a meat wall of soldiers in the way?

If it is like that, I don't like it. I don't want to sacrifice my men just to block the zombies out, just feels unrealistic, and besides that is for last ditch defenses!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Will this go down in history as "Gategate"?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    June: https://steamcommunity.com/games/644930/announcements/detail/1741112499833374169

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    http://www.numantiangames.com/2019/05/01/they-are-billions-update-campaign-development-iv/

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

https://steamcommunity.com/games/644930/announcements/detail/1621770561046537588

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. anvi Prophet Village Idiot

anvi
    I played this game, it pissed me off massively. Another shitty indie.

• retadred x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. anvi Prophet Village Idiot

anvi
    REALLY?

Ok this game is a total scam and you are pigshit stupid if you defend it in any way. You are supporting something that is half of a good RTS yet super hyped because it presents it in a gimmicky (and shitty) roguelike way that disguises its own lack of depth. I can explain why this is, but HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED IT? My god there is barely any game. Go play Forged Alliance, repent.

• butthurt x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    http://www.numantiangames.com/2019/05/27/they-are-billions-update-heroes-tactic-missions/

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    Really looking forward to this.
    All of this has got me wanting to play Lords of Xulima again as well :)

• incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. anvi Prophet Village Idiot

anvi
    It is garbage... Why would you want to play this?

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    I really liked it. Like the artstyle, love tower defense games. The game just ticks a lot of boxes for me

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. anvi Prophet Village Idiot

anvi
    It isn't TD though because you just block the entrance, double the wall thickness, build a few towers to shoot shit, and you are set. Do that in each entrance of your base, grow until you get strong and then end the game. Really basic shit. It is like a good RTS but with 80% of the game missing. Get Dungeon Warfare or the sequel, best Tower Defense games out there. For a real RTS get Forged Alliance or Supreme Commander 2 and mod it. Or the early C&C games.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. anvi Prophet Village Idiot

anvi
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    June 18th: https://steamcommunity.com/games/644930/announcements/detail/1611639997285827572

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Excited! Excited! x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    I see gategate got to them, at 1:18 in the new trailer you can see a train gate in action.

• incline incline x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.