Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

they hate us

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Don't mess with the DAC mafia.
Yeah they find you out and have pizzas sent to you that you didn't order.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
This Codex place looks pretty flammable. Looks like it could catch fire at any moment and burn to the ground with all its data lost for good. I'd buy some fire insurance pronto. My business associates and I happen to sell fire insurance cheap. Comprende?

Seven

Erudite
Mr. Teatime said:
This Codex place looks pretty flammable. Looks like it could catch fire at any moment and burn to the ground with all its data lost for good. I'd buy some fire insurance pronto. My business associates and I happen to sell fire insurance cheap. Comprende?

How much acne medication is it going to take for you to leave us alone--I also have access to a large supply of laxatives?

Jason

chasing a bee
"yob tvyou mat"

"Fuck you" sounds much better in English. Maybe it's because almost all Russian words sound like curses, anyway.

Atrokkus

Erudite
"yob tvyou mat"
"Fuck you" sounds much better in English.
It's actually not equivalent to "Fuck you". It's usually used to express anger about someone totally fucking up something, and usually used in conjunction with other curses or an informative sentence (though it depends).

And don't forget the softening apostraphe after "mat".

spacemoose

Erudite
metallix said:
"yob tvyou mat"
It's actually not equivalent to "Fuck you". It's usually used to express anger about someone totally fucking up something, and usually used in conjunction with other curses or an informative sentence (though it depends).

poshol ti k chertu

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
metallix said:
"yob tvyou mat"

Whatever, it was phonetic approximation, it's a favorite phrase of someone I know :)
I'm pretty sure it means "fuck your mother" not just "fuck you." But yeah, it seems a lot smoother in English.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I'm pretty sure it means "fuck your mother"
You don't translate cussing this way. It's the equivalent that is important, not the literal sense.
A perfect equivalent to "Fuck you" is "Poshel na hui" (or its variations, like "Na hui idi" or "Poshel k huyam", etc -- that's the power of Russian: lots of variations without changing the actual meaning).

FrancoTAU

Cipher
German is definately a much more eviler sounding language than Russian. Anything in German sounds like they're cursing you while praising Satan in the same sentence.

spacemoose

Erudite
FrancoTAU said:
German is definately a much more eviler sounding language than Russian. Anything in German sounds like they're cursing you while praising Satan in the same sentence.

Dutch is even better ( I know the two languages are very close )

and here's proof: Barbie-Girl-in-Dutch

Download it, you faggots, its fucking funny.

Atrokkus

Erudite
WEll, yeah, kind of, but still it depends on the tone and the voice properties.
Play the original Gothic 2, and hear those black fellars (Seekers? forgotten already) speak: it's fucking cool. Gotta get meself some samples of that...

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Seven said:
Mr. Teatime said:

How much acne medication is it going to take for you to leave us alone--I also have access to a large supply of laxatives?

I'm perfectly capable of buying my own acne medication, thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom