Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief 2 beta leak

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't want to make separate thread so here it goes

more in the further tweets

toughasnails

This would've been interesting if it contained missions that weren't in the final game or significantly different versions of the released ones, not to mention how I'd imagine FM makers wanting to play with building on something like that. So far though they seem only to be more or less unfinished versions of T2 missions.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Skacky won't give a download link to it for legal reasons, but he says it's "super-easy" to find online. (I couldn't find it, though.)

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
edSMhsF.png

Uh... guys? Deep Cover? The source code to the fucking cancelled spy imsim that LGS was working on before going under? Wtf?
https://www.unseen64.net/2016/04/26/deep-cover-pc-cancelled/
What about Thief 2 Gold?

Edit: Reading up a bit. Looks like the leak was for the cancelled Dreamcast port of System Shock 2 and they just so happened to find Thief and Deep Cover in there with it.

Edit 2: Looks like that particular one is part of a much older leak and not related to this Thief 2 beta leak that happened recently. Damn.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
edSMhsF.png

Uh... guys? Deep Cover? The source code to the fucking cancelled spy imsim that LGS was working on before going under? Wtf?
https://www.unseen64.net/2016/04/26/deep-cover-pc-cancelled/
What about Thief 2 Gold?

Edit: Reading up a bit. Looks like the leak was for the cancelled Dreamcast port of System Shock 2 and they just so happened to find Thief and Deep Cover in there with it. This sorta shit definitely warrants its own thread instead of being hidden in the fan mission one.
Check the dates, this happened 10 years ago.

In fact, The Thief Fan Mission community is currently busy submitting Fan Missions to a contest celebrating the 10th anniversary of what became known as NewDark, updates to Thief/System Shock 2 due to the information gleamed from the source code.

They'll be released on Sunday.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah I just realized that one is part of an old leak. I thought it was all together with this Thief 2 beta stuff. Baited again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom